Touchpad fire sale

From what I've read on the threads the snapdragon processor in the 16s and 32s is the same as the 64, just underclocked. There are two kernel releases for the 16s and 32s that allow for a stable 1.5 GHZ overclock and an unstable 1.7GHz overclock.

my excursion at bb was awful, nothin in stock unless they were lying (which is reportedly happening) so yeah. There's 10+ in warehouse and idk when those are going out. Luckily i think a friend of mine is going to hook me up with one for cost including shipping.

my excursion at bb was awful, nothin in stock unless they were lying (which is reportedly happening) so yeah. There's 10+ in warehouse and idk when those are going out. Luckily i think a friend of mine is going to hook me up with one for cost including shipping.

I caught some WorstBuy employees snarfing up the entire stock themselves with the assistance of their friends. Amusingly, I wasn't even there for the damn things.

I caught some WorstBuy employees snarfing up the entire stock themselves with the assistance of their friends. Amusingly, I wasn't even there for the damn things.

Yep, that hoarding is widespread with this. People are actually asking to see the actual computer screens for verification that they aren't being had. That and employees are even gloating, snickering when they say no, etc. One guy played a trick on a BB worker to give him a TP when they said they had none: he said he'd give him 100 bucks...well when the bb guy came back, he basically took the TP out of his hands...paid for the TP itself w/out the "bribe"...then called the manager over and ratted the bb guy out. It's a mess. At my store I don't think we were screwed over, but they didn't show us the screen etc. I had to take it upon myself to look at a self service kiosk which only states amounts left in inventory.

My friend pulled through so I'm getting a 32 gb at cost. At 150 bucks it's a absolute steal, and I cannot wait for it to arrive.

Last edited:
Boredom has heavily set in and still no tracking number 'more shipments on Monday'

Anyway, this was posted on pre central it looks amazing IMO.
Not sure if this is Paul Walker-y or not?

WhiteCarbonHPTP.jpg

_ART4409.jpg

_ART4408.jpg

This is a reason why skins are neccasary.

s41.jpg

s51.jpg

The problem with that skin, is after shipping it's like $65.
So...

Linky?

My sister has an abundance of craft knifes/borderline scalpels. But, I don't wanna get branded Brian Earl Spilner.

In related news, how shit does this look? The last time I saw craftmanship this bad, I was working on a Lada.
It goes around the edges which looks bad too, but how can a company say "yep, lets sell this"?

yhst-38148694942392_2173_7010963

Skinomi

Yep, that hoarding is widespread with this. People are actually asking to see the actual computer screens for verification that they aren't being had. That and employees are even gloating, snickering when they say no, etc. One guy played a trick on a BB worker to give him a TP when they said they had none: he said he'd give him 100 bucks...well when the bb guy came back, he basically took the TP out of his hands...paid for the TP itself w/out the "bribe"...then called the manager over and ratted the bb guy out. It's a mess. At my store I don't think we were screwed over, but they didn't show us the screen etc. I had to take it upon myself to look at a self service kiosk which only states amounts left in inventory.

My friend pulled through so I'm getting a 32 gb at cost. At 150 bucks it's a absolute steal, and I cannot wait for it to arrive.

Great way to lose your job for not that much reward.... I'd totally want to lose my job in the US right now for the matter of like a grand...

I like to think the hoarders will lose out somehow :D

This is a reason why skins are neccasary.

s41.jpg

That's why I left the plastic on mine. And I will do so until I can buy a skin or case. I read some iPad cases will fit it, and I think there's a Target somewhere around here with some iPad cases on markdown. I'll look this week.

In other news, put F1 Pole Position and a few other SNES roms on my touchpad today.

600-awww-yeah-guy_thumb.jpg

My productivity will take a sharp decline though.

Great way to lose your job for not that much reward.... I'd totally want to lose my job in the US right now for the matter of like a grand...

I like to think the hoarders will lose out somehow :D

Yeahh It's not too bright and i hope they lose out just a bit.

When I went to futureshop I few days also the employees were hoarding the accessories. Buying them on shift and even stowing away 'out of stock' touchpads. But that doesn't even come close to costco. After hoarding 12/16 touchpads, that wasn't enough. Being third in line I thought I'd get one, nope. First guy took two, second guy took the third one and when I went for the last one, a costco employee took it for himself while on his shift. After all this bullshit it pisses me off to have to wait weeks to get one from hp, and only because I went in on the risk that they'd lower the price once I'd ordered it. Everyone else in the line got fucked over.

Fuck every hoarder, if I meet one I'll probably punch them.

My 16GB came today and after being an iOS user since it was released, my honest opinion is this: I love it.

It's simple, fast, and it feels and even looks a little like Windows 7. Plus if you install Preware and follow the directions on Precentral.net the performance will increase around 15-20% and the other patches and apps available are awesome. Totally customization if you choose. For $91 shipped I'm not going to complain about the lack of apps in the HP App Store or the heft. Nor will I whine about it not getting 10 hours of battery life(more like 7-8) like the iPad. It will never compete with that of course but it is a fun little tablet that might have a bright future if Android ever gets successfully ported. If you can find one buy it!

Oh, and I scored a slick deal of my own today by accident. I had to drive 18 miles to the nearest Staples to get a case so I figured it wouldn't hurt to see if the manager could price match Office Depot or Best Buy. He said he would need to call them to make sure they had the cases in stock for him to price match. As you can imagine, the reason I drove 18 miles to Staples was because the other stores were out. I didn't expect him to call! He picked up the phone and dialed Best Buy's number and was put on hold. A lady came up to the counter and started talking to him about something(not sure what since I was only thinking of the case) but after she walked away he literally slammed down the phone and said he was sick of waiting for them to pick up. Then in a frenzy he just typed in $19.99 and that was it! The $10 I saved paid for the gas. :cool:

Last edited:
My 16GB came today and after being an iOS user since it was released, my honest opinion is this: I love it.

It's simple, fast, and it feels and even looks a little like Windows 7. Plus if you install Preware and follow the directions on Precentral.net the performance will increase around 15-20% and the other patches and apps available are awesome. Totally customization if you choose. For $91 shipped I'm not going to complain about the lack of apps in the HP App Store or the heft. Nor will I whine about it not getting 10 hours of battery life(more like 7-8) like the iPad. It will never compete with that of course but it is a fun little tablet that might have a bright future if Android ever gets successfully ported. If you can find one buy it!

Oh, and I scored a slick deal of my own today by accident. I had to drive 18 miles to the nearest Staples to get a case so I figured it wouldn't hurt to see if the manager could price match Office Depot or Best Buy. He said he would need to call them to make sure they had the cases in stock for him to price match. As you can imagine, the reason I drove 18 miles to Staples was because the other stores were out. I didn't expect him to call! He picked up the phone and dialed Best Buy's number and was put on hold. A lady came up to the counter and started talking to him about something(not sure what since I was only thinking of the case) but after she walked away he literally slammed down the phone and said he was sick of waiting for them to pick up. Then in a frenzy he just typed in $19.99 and that was it! The $10 I saved paid for the gas. :cool:

nice! I can't imagine ever replacing WebOS with Android....it just seems so much more refined, even if there's not a lot of apps.

When I went to futureshop I few days also the employees were hoarding the accessories. Buying them on shift and even stowing away 'out of stock' touchpads. But that doesn't even come close to costco. After hoarding 12/16 touchpads, that wasn't enough. Being third in line I thought I'd get one, nope. First guy took two, second guy took the third one and when I went for the last one, a costco employee took it for himself while on his shift. After all this bullshit it pisses me off to have to wait weeks to get one from hp, and only because I went in on the risk that they'd lower the price once I'd ordered it. Everyone else in the line got fucked over.

Fuck every hoarder, if I meet one I'll probably punch them.

Can't you just report him to his manager for this behaviour? I mean, in the end, the store is there for customers. I would complain to store owner for this and hope the idiot gets kicked out of the store...

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't you just report him to his manager for this behaviour? I mean, in the end, the store is there for customers. I would complain to store owner for this and hope the idiot gets kicked out of the store...

Sometimes the managers are in on it too....sadly, hence the blind eye toward them.

If Uk'ers really really want one, they're on ebay for ?200-?229 for 16-32...

Last edited:
nice! I can't imagine ever replacing WebOS with Android....it just seems so much more refined, even if there's not a lot of apps.

I agree, WebOS is definitely more refined. For most it will be more than enough but there's still geek in me that wants Android if only to tinker with. With 2.2 being found on units from the factory it doesn't seem like to far a stretch that we will see Honeycomb on it. I briefly used a Xoom and Honeycomb is a big step up from the earlier versions and is a much better fit for tablets.

Finally got one! I asked London Drugs to sell me the demo model a week ago if they could. Fast forward to tonight and they called and I picked it up. Great device.

Finally got one! I asked London Drugs to sell me the demo model a week ago if they could. Fast forward to tonight and they called and I picked it up. Great device.

Nice! A lot of places here are refusing to sell the demo devices because they "have to be returned to HP"

I don't know if that's true.....or bullshit. My bet is on the latter.