Touchpad fire sale

Nice! A lot of places here are refusing to sell the demo devices because they "have to be returned to HP"

I don't know if that's true.....or bullshit. My bet is on the latter.

cdbob is in Canada so maybe they're less finicky or something

Anyone know whats going on with the Pre 3?

Nice! A lot of places here are refusing to sell the demo devices because they "have to be returned to HP"

I don't know if that's true.....or bullshit. My bet is on the latter.

Originally the demo units were locked and had to be sent back, then HP unlocked them when they realised enough people had them and couldn't do anything with them.

Hasn't dropped below ?300?

Thank you for your patience, and we are sorry for the delay. This was our first day in from being closed for Irene. We unfortunately have not received the tracking as I hoped to have passed on to you at this point. The money has been drawn from our account, which we assumed was a good sign. We will give this another day or two before we decide what to do. If you have questions, please EMAIL us directly, as your names do not have contact info/order details and we would like to address everyone.

Fuck me, this is like Duke Nukem Forever.

Exactly the same problem as with some OuchPad sellers.

- Rumour of price cut
- Everyone buys at full price to reserve theirs
- Product sells out
- No need to reduce price.

Muppets.

Exactly the same problem as with some OuchPad sellers.

- Rumour of price cut
- Everyone buys at full price to reserve theirs
- Product sells out
- No need to reduce price.

Muppets.

that would be kinda funny if HP did that to spite the people that bought shitloads of them

Rumor has it that if HP get more stock available, the ordering system will have an order limit so "people" (and I use that term loosely) won't be able to buy 20.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in the HP TouchPad and webOS. The overwhelming demand for this product in recent days has made it difficult to fulfill your request at the present time, and we are working to make more available as soon as possible. While we do not yet have specific details, we know it will be at least a few weeks before we have a limited quantity available again. We will keep you informed as we have more specifics that we can communicate, and we encourage you to join the conversation here for the latest information.

In light of this and other recent HP news, we want you to know that we remain committed to you. We will continue to honor our warranties now and in the future. We will continue delivering products that make a difference in your life and we will continue to provide the best possible service to you every day.

We are grateful for your patience and loyalty and to show our gratitude, we are offering you an exclusive one-time opportunity to save an additional amount on all of our products, valid through the end of the day tomorrow, Wednesday, August 31, 2011. You'll save 25% off all printers, ink, HP accessories, and PCs starting at or above $599. To take advantage of this offer, use your unique coupon code at checkout, and for more information on the details of this offer, please look at the bottom of this email.

Sincerely,

hpdirect.com

Can't use it as in Germany, use my code, first come first serve :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, since we know more are coming to HP for sure and MAYBE some other retailers, any US persons who already have one willing to help out when they come back? I'm willing to paypal the monies +10$ or a bit more for effort the moment i get a confirmed Touchpad, I say people already with one since those without will probably want one for themselves and HP are hopefully limiting to one per order.

Great, and I bet not a single one is coming to Europe.

As well, what Blayde said, if someone can score me a touchpad it won't be for your loss.

Last edited by a moderator:
if anyone wants my HP 25% code they're welcome to it

from HP's page

Q: Please limit stock to 1 per person: some people are getting 20 and then selling them on craigslist and eBay for a major profit.

If more inventory is available in the future, there will be an order limit.

Horah

Last edited:
*Peruses ebay ?200 delivered for a 16gb, technically that is rape. But it's the cheapest...
I haven't, but after the whole "WE WILL NOT CANCEL ORDERS" I want one. :(

Last edited:
I didn't get any notification emails, and from what I read I'm not the only one.

What I find baffling is - why would HP build more? As we have commented before, the screen itself is worth around $90. They will be building more units at an additional huge cost to the company. For what? To satisfy unhappy customers? - like I said before, if these people wanted one they would have bought one when it was $500.

Just for good PR and marketing? I would say that is a very costly and inefficient campaign. Even if everybody gets one, they will still bitch that HP sucks for stopping support of webOS etc.

If the offer is still valid jasonof2000 I've sent you a pm

Bad news. Sunday and Monday before work I went and checked various Wally Marts and other stores out here in the sticks and everywhere was out.
I tried, but I should of bought the entire stock out of the one Walmart that had them in stock.

I didn't get any notification emails, and from what I read I'm not the only one.

What I find baffling is - why would HP build more? As we have commented before, the screen itself is worth around $90. They will be building more units at an additional huge cost to the company. For what? To satisfy unhappy customers? - like I said before, if these people wanted one they would have bought one when it was $500.

Just for good PR and marketing? I would say that is a very costly and inefficient campaign. Even if everybody gets one, they will still bitch that HP sucks for stopping support of webOS etc.

HP I suspect will eat the cost of manufacturing a bunch more of them to pump up the purchase price for the WebOS devision in the hope of onselling it