Touchpad fire sale

Has anyone tried the Communities app, just trying to see if it justifies the high price.

Actually I'm a bit bored with mine. WebOs even after the tweeks doesn't impress me very much. These days I'm just using it as a garage Pandora streamer.

Actually I'm a bit bored with mine. WebOs even after the tweeks doesn't impress me very much. These days I'm just using it as a garage Pandora streamer.

Yah pandora's actually a big reason why i got one, as i love falling asleep to music.

I do break it out if im in bed and dont feel like carrying a pc, but beyond that it sits around pretty much. im using it as my only computer this weekend as i left my netbook behind like a idiot. So far, so good.

I must say on many ways this has replaced the need for a laptop. Aside from the odd time I need to run a program that won't be on arm on a few years.

I'm excited for the CM port coming. I was talking to one of the guys on their irc chan last night and he was saying he wanted to release a incomplete version for people soon.

Yah pandora's actually a big reason why i got one, as i love falling asleep to music.

I do break it out if im in bed and dont feel like carrying a pc, but beyond that it sits around pretty much. im using it as my only computer this weekend as i left my netbook behind like a idiot. So far, so good.

Well I already have a Xoom, which blows the Touchpad away in every way, I can see why HP decided to dump it. At $99.00 it is freaking awesome and if it was my only tablet I'd love it but what they wanted when it came out...

Just a bit late to the party - but I've just spoken to a mate who got one for cheap and it gave me a bit of a surprise. :p Supposedly though there will be another batch and from what I've read it'll be sometime before the end of October... If there is a chance Android will be able to be Put on it then I am definitely interested :p Damn not paying attention to tech stuff! :lol:

Just a bit late to the party - but I've just spoken to a mate who got one for cheap and it gave me a bit of a surprise. :p Supposedly though there will be another batch and from what I've read it'll be sometime before the end of October... If there is a chance Android will be able to be Put on it then I am definitely interested :p Damn not paying attention to tech stuff! :lol:

Android isnt far off. :p

Well lets hope that the next/last batch sale isn't far off. :) And that I can somehow grab one... :|

There was supposed to be a video on 10/10, but it was delayed due to issues with the latest version of the build fucking things up.

[05:07] <@jonpry> last minute things apparently blew the whole shebang up
[05:08] <@jonpry> apparently its useless now. video could not be made

I asked Jonpry, one of the members of the team when he thought it (the video) would be released. He said it probably wouldn't be happening for a few days because everyone of the team was pretty damn tired.

[05:10] <cdbob> jonpry, is there a chance of a video tomorrow?
[05:10] <@jonpry> i think we are all too tired
[05:10] <@jonpry> will take days of recovery

For for a release, it's tough to know. The team keeps running into new issues that prevent them from coming close to even a beta release.

Edit: At least they finally got some sleep
[12:53] <cdbob> Darlingrin, are you guys getting any more sleep?
[12:53] <@dalingrin> I got sleep last night finally

Last edited:
Don't really mind the delays. Frankly I think I would be more disappointed if a half assed alpha was released with a number of bugs. Either way I love WebOS and I hear that 3.03/3.04 is supposedly faster.

I've read CM7 is 2 weeks away, but no rush.

From what I gather 3.03 can be forced onto it, but you lose access to the store and other account features. I'm waiting for the OTA.

Ah nice! Shame I decided to wait for ICS to come out and see what the tablet market does then :) Also its very unlikely I will get a touchpad for ?89, but with them in such high demand it can't hurt to try :p

My PC doesn't find the Touchpad in Novacom mode. Even after reinstaling novacom. Trying again on laptop.

Tried on a Vista laptop, that found it in Nova mode, hit enter on the cmd, and nothing.
Now my PC installs the nova drivers, but they don't appear.