Touchpad fire sale

Huh. I was going to try the alpha, but with all the problems I've seen people have I think I'll wait a bit.

Im happy with webOS anyway. I'll stick around. Maybe ICS gets ported to the 'Pad which after all is meant for tablets aswell.

I'm mostly happy with WebOS. I just wish the web browser was a bit better, and the app store was more active.

I'm mostly happy with WebOS. I just wish the web browser was a bit better, and the app store was more active.

This. Advanced browser helps but doesn't help the very small rendering issues.

The app store pretty much died the moment HP bungled the announcement.

This. Advanced browser helps but doesn't help the very small rendering issues.

The app store pretty much died the moment HP bungled the announcement.

I haven't tried the Advanced Browser since everything I've read about it has been mediocre at best. Sad that the app store/os was killed so soon, if it was given more time I feel it could have really been something nice.

I've booted into Android...not bad but I'll stick with WebOS for the most part until ICS gets ported...even then...:p

WebOS 3.0.4 is out!

What's new:

HP Blog said:
A new over-the-air update for HP TouchPad is now available. (For details about how over-the-air updates work, click here.)
Some of the new functionality you'll find in the new update include:​
  • A new Camera app for photos and video
  • The ability to pair non-webOS phones to your TouchPad, so you can answer calls on your TouchPad. Pairing with non-webOS Bluetooth keyboards has also been streamlined.
  • Support for OGG Vorbis music files
  • Online/offline messaging status support.
In addition to new features, you'll also experience better performance, user interface improvements, and other enhancements such as support for accelerometer events in Adobe Flash Player, and more robust Skype video calling.

Overall a nice upgrade, I shall be installing post-haste.

EDIT: Also new is (i assume by the wording "easier way to find TouchPad apps in the App Catelog") filtering for the App Catelog that'll let you only see TouchPad apps if desired.

Last edited:
I guess the world is downloading it. OTA is slow. Too lazy to manually do it. :D

I just updated it to 3.0.4 and it seems to be as quick as an overclocked 3.0.2 (with the 1.5 GHZ kernel). I have heard that battery life has been impacted someone (even at 1.2 GHZ?!). Can somebody confirm that? Now I'm just waiting for the patches to be re-released. All that is missing now is a PDF Annotation app!! That would be something spectacular on WebOS. Switching between windows or "cards" seems to be catching on now!

My FB buddy said that HP sent him an email saying that he has a 32GB on route.
He's waiting to see if it's a glitch.

I just updated it to 3.0.4 and it seems to be as quick as an overclocked 3.0.2 (with the 1.5 GHZ kernel). I have heard that battery life has been impacted someone (even at 1.2 GHZ?!). Can somebody confirm that? Now I'm just waiting for the patches to be re-released. All that is missing now is a PDF Annotation app!! That would be something spectacular on WebOS. Switching between windows or "cards" seems to be catching on now!

I am now running a stock 3.0.4 instead of the overclocked 3.0.2 and like it more. Battery life for me has been about the same.

Not to be a prick, but can we keep the non-sale stuff in the other thread? We're kind of crossing the streams. Or just close this thread.

Fuck. I got all the way up to the trasfer money from bank via paypal on todays sale when it broke and said my request couldn't be processed.

Lol, .pl, best idea ever. Didn't work for me though. ):

I tried for about 45 minutes. I got as far as them "authenticating my credit card" etc and then it kicked me back to the review order page....i.e failed.