Tour de France 2011

I'm stunned that they (well, Evans really...that last 12 odd kms, wow) dropped Alberto like that; nearly 2 minutes behind Cadel at the end!

And Voeckler...he's been brilliant the last week and a half, hope he hangs on to a top 5 by the end. He certainly deserves it :thumbsup:

I expect Contador to go on the attack very early tomorrow, maybe even as early as the Telegraph. That should make it a very interesting stage as he isn't that far back in the grand scheme of things. This is assuming he has any fight left in him which I'm not so sure about.

Whether he has or not, he's just about at the point where he has nothing to lose and everything to win.

Unless of course he has given up on the overall win and wants to take a shot at taking a stage win at the time trial..

Frank Schleck on attack tomorrow wouldn't surprise me at all either.

he'll need to as there's a rather large question mark hanging over his ITT ability.

And Andy's. If they went into the TT with the gaps as they are I would expect Evans to win.

They said the same thing in 2008 with Carlos Sastra, he went into the TT with a minute 20 over Evans, everyone expected Evans to win and Sastra pulled out the tt of his life and only lost 20 seconds.

Evans is currently showing Schleck how to time trial.

Evans is currently showing Schleck how to time trial.

Shame. I dislike Evans whereas I like the Schlecks.
In all fairness, who knew Evans could time trial like that?

Last edited:
I quite like it. :)

Though I don't particularly like any of them :p

I'm pretty sure Cadel Evans is an Australian leprechaun...:p. Nevertheless, most pro level athletes are douche bags, the part of your brain that makes you hyper-competitive is pretty much the douche bag lobe.

I'm pretty sure Cadel Evans is an Australian leprechaun...:p. Nevertheless, most pro level athletes are douche bags, the part of your brain that makes you hyper-competitive is pretty much the douche bag lobe.

Footballers aside most of our athletes aren't total douchebags

I would love to see Bjarne Riis building up a new Saxo Bank-team around Pierre Rolland. Such a promising rider. And he should try to find a proper replacement for Cancellara/Voigt - someone like Boasson Hagen, Tony Martin or maybe Hesjedal.