• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Toyota Camry Redefines the Term 'Boring as Batshit' Again!

flyingfridge

Car(s)
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec, VW Passat 118TSI
Yes, Toyota has come up with another Camry, and once again has redefined the term boring, taking it to all-new lows. The Camry which is the automotive equivalent of a flaccid penis, has for the last 80 billion years been the perfect statement for those with pocket protectors.

Boring people of the world (and there must be a lot of 'em cos it doesn't half sell bad) Your car has been updated.

2060110.003.mini4L.jpg

More images here: http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cf...geview/photo/photo/Mini4/page/1/toyota/1.html

^^ yeah that's what i thought about the last one when they released it, until it had been around for about a week

being very useless by putting its power to the road via the front wheels.

Whats wrong with the Camry... my dad rented one just 2 weeks ago... pretty powerful. And the new one looks really nice :D

Kinda looked like a Mazda 6 from the front to me.

Owning a Camry to me though is definately the white flag of surrender to old age. :D

Well, the front end doesn't look half bad. The rest of the car looks like a Camry...

Only old people or asian people own Camrys. I'm asian and my dad has a Camry. So do a million of my dad's asian friends. That or Corollas.

Now it's not just really boring, it's UGLY boring! :yucky:

And naturally, everybody's going to hail it as the next savior from the Rising Sun and run out to buy it in droves during "TOYOTATHON! CMON DOWN! WE'RE AMERICAN COMPANY WE SWEAR".

Why don't they use these as rental cars instead of Chevys? That would improve Chevy's reputation, and that probably wouldn't affect Toyota's.

flyingfridge said:
being very useless by putting its power to the road via the front wheels.
It's a family sedan, not a sports car. If you were going to buy something chuckable, you'd be looking at something much smaller and lighter than anything in this class.

Having driven an '05 Camry V6, I can tell you that yes, it doesn't drive like a go-kart, but it doesn't put you to sleep either. In fact, the driving experience is very good. It won't tempt you to burn rubber or drive like your trousers are on fire (although it's oh-so-easy to speed on the motorway), but it doesn't feel like it's about to fall apart either. I don't know if it's because I haven't driven many new cars, but the car felt very solid and planted as well.

268hp in a large sedan like that is fine on the front wheels .. if it had been the Corolla it whould be useless..
the avalon has 280hp on the front wheels if im not mistaken.
smal light cars like corollas and civic cant handle nutch power at the front but a larger sedan can..

Kebab gud said:
268hp in a large sedan like that is fine on the front wheels .. if it had been the Corolla it whould be useless..
the avalon has 280hp on the front wheels if im not mistaken.
smal light cars like corollas and civic cant handle nutch power at the front but a larger sedan can..
Actually, the Avalon has 268hp just like the new Camry (it was announced at 280hp though). They use the same engine.

not a bad car, just not very exciting.

Re: Toyota Camry Redefines the Term 'Boring as Batshit' Agai

Its a Camry, its meant to be a conventional family car for as cheap as possible. The likely-hood of it having any "soul" is next to none.

But then again, Honda proved that something hugely conventional can have soul - The Civic.

This new Camry looks better I guess...I just hope Lexus has permanatly discontinued the fugly and totally classless ES300.
flyingfridge said:
Yes, Toyota has come up with another Camry, and once again has redefined the term boring, taking it to all-new lows. The Camry which is the automotive equivalent of a flaccid penis, has for the last 80 billion years been the perfect statement for those with pocket protectors.

Boring people of the world (and there must be a lot of 'em cos it doesn't half sell bad) Your car has been updated.
Haha, you've been my cup of coffee for the morning :thumbsup:

flyingfridge said:

I've seen slightly more objective descriptions on cars ;)

It might be boring, but, similar to the VW Golf, why would Toyota be in need of drastically changing it? It's meant to appeal and to be sold to millions of people, baring that in mind it looks alright to me (though I wouldn't count me in the group of potential buyers)