Ownership Verified: Toyota Corolla wagon

I'm seriously jealous. I love those sorts of old Japanese cars. Looks to be in pretty great shape too. :cool:

Strictness of the inspection also depends on the age and rarity of the car. As Japanese manufacturers don't offer much parts for vintage cars they might be more lenient. I know from experience that they are very strict with BMWs, as you can get original parts new for almost every model

Doesn't look too far gone, and a lot of hard-to-find decorative parts seem to be present and correct.

Yeah, it is a good base for sure.

You can see it has been well taken care of. It has never been crashed and there really is no missing bits or half-assed repairs.

Last edited:
Looks really solid starting point for a project. Especially the bodywork looks great, also from the underneath, which could easily be really bad (or non-existent).

Some bits arrived.

Ignition coil, spark plugs and spark plug leads and a condenser.

Too bad the weather is starting to go this way. Work will probably continue in the spring.

Absolutely fantastic car.

Those spark plugs look like they're as old as the car...

Cool car. Needs moar Foose.

^ I try to use as much new old stock as possible myself, a lot of the parts on my car are forty-odd years old. I generally find modern reproductions are often just very poor quality, and a well-stored old part a better one.

It's just the outside packaging. They must be from some old stock.

In general, I think NHK has pretty retro packaging. The box of iridium plugs I ordered for my pug looked a lot like that too.

No, those really ARE old.

Source: I've sold NGK for 13 years and just did inventory on our stock yesterday. :p

This will be an interesting project to watch. Good luck with it!

I have bought some more bits.

Radiator cap, coolant hoses, oil filter and oil.

Not much else has been happening. I hope I can start working on the car soon.

Forgot you had this. Very awesome. Corolla Wagon buddies! Woo!

Your customers, they be takin' them. :p
They all get their stuff more or less from the same place anyway. Doesn't rly matter where you buy from. :)
... this from someone that supplies these places with various parts.