Toyota Dropping the Corolla?

Buster889

Excuse me, but many kids do go after Corollas. Only, it's around 20 years old....:lol:

*image snip*
And most of those are going to be ruined in the name of "lol, tuning and lol, drifting", outfitted with horrible body kits, gutted inside and tuned to sound like a slightly more powerful lawnmower. Then again, Scions all have the ricer stigma stuck to them. so it's either a choice of

A: Initial D TAKUMI ZOOOOOMO

or

B: Rice.

I'd rather take most things over a AE86 or a Scion, I'd rather drive a Yugo for the rest of my life than a overrated Toyota, or a plastic laden pile of junk.

Donington

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'05 Honda Civic Type-R
If they wanted the Auris to banish memories of the boring Corolla, why did they make it look so much like a boring Corolla? I don't like any new Toyota except the Aygo. They've dropped all the sporty stuff too.

GraemeH

Car(s)
Toyota Corolla, Lexus IS200, BMW E39 5 Series.
Agreed. Toyota dropped any sense of excitement they may have had 5 years ago. I adore a couple of their cars but these days their image is dire.

Donington

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'05 Honda Civic Type-R
Yes, they had the Celica GT-four, Supra twin turbo, Mr2, more recently a supercharged T-sport Corolla, etc, etc, but now that's all gone.

I bet the 'replacements' when or if they come out will be a huge dissapointment, just like the new Yaris and the Auris.

Even the new Land Cruiser and Hilux look poncy and dull. At least they still sell the Amazon, but I bet that's days are numbered.

Remember when the car in front was a Toyota?

I'm not Takumi

Car(s)
Toyota AE86 Corolla
And most of those are going to be ruined in the name of "lol, tuning and lol, drifting", outfitted with horrible body kits, gutted inside and tuned to sound like a slightly more powerful lawnmower. Then again, Scions all have the ricer stigma stuck to them. so it's either a choice of

A: Initial D TAKUMI ZOOOOOMO

or

B: Rice.

I'd rather take most things over a AE86 or a Scion, I'd rather drive a Yugo for the rest of my life than a overrated Toyota, or a plastic laden pile of junk.
Hey, at least I keep a GT-S as a nice Daily Driver (Plus a SR5 as a backup), thought I think the Ethanol Blend might've hampered my engine abit....

zenkidori

Banned For Trolling
Car(s)
RX-7, Jeep Cherokee
Toyota should just make different version of the Vitz/Yaris and bring back the MR2, Supra, Celica(all-trac baby!) and some other shit so they don't suck so much.