Toyota Dropping the Corolla?

Excuse me, but many kids do go after Corollas. Only, it's around 20 years old....:lol:

*image snip*

And most of those are going to be ruined in the name of "lol, tuning and lol, drifting", outfitted with horrible body kits, gutted inside and tuned to sound like a slightly more powerful lawnmower. Then again, Scions all have the ricer stigma stuck to them. so it's either a choice of

A: Initial D TAKUMI ZOOOOOMO

or

B: Rice.

I'd rather take most things over a AE86 or a Scion, I'd rather drive a Yugo for the rest of my life than a overrated Toyota, or a plastic laden pile of junk.

If they wanted the Auris to banish memories of the boring Corolla, why did they make it look so much like a boring Corolla? I don't like any new Toyota except the Aygo. They've dropped all the sporty stuff too.

Agreed. Toyota dropped any sense of excitement they may have had 5 years ago. I adore a couple of their cars but these days their image is dire.

Toyota had excitement 5 years ago?!?!

Yes, they had the Celica GT-four, Supra twin turbo, Mr2, more recently a supercharged T-sport Corolla, etc, etc, but now that's all gone.

I bet the 'replacements' when or if they come out will be a huge dissapointment, just like the new Yaris and the Auris.

Even the new Land Cruiser and Hilux look poncy and dull. At least they still sell the Amazon, but I bet that's days are numbered.

Remember when the car in front was a Toyota?

And most of those are going to be ruined in the name of "lol, tuning and lol, drifting", outfitted with horrible body kits, gutted inside and tuned to sound like a slightly more powerful lawnmower. Then again, Scions all have the ricer stigma stuck to them. so it's either a choice of

A: Initial D TAKUMI ZOOOOOMO

or

B: Rice.

I'd rather take most things over a AE86 or a Scion, I'd rather drive a Yugo for the rest of my life than a overrated Toyota, or a plastic laden pile of junk.

Hey, at least I keep a GT-S as a nice Daily Driver (Plus a SR5 as a backup), thought I think the Ethanol Blend might've hampered my engine abit....

Toyota should just make different version of the Vitz/Yaris and bring back the MR2, Supra, Celica(all-trac baby!) and some other shit so they don't suck so much.