Toyota FT-1 concept

The rear 3/4ths view looks like a TVR Sagaris.

tg8EGgc.jpg

sU6HLqy.jpg

Front end is...... nope....

4fy7Q2L.jpg

At least its different and not boring!

At first I was like: :drool:
Then I was like: :barf:

Well, at least no one will mistake it for a Corolla.

The rear 3/4ths view looks like a TVR Sagaris.

tg8EGgc.jpg

sU6HLqy.jpg

Front end is...... nope....

4fy7Q2L.jpg

At least its different and not boring!

I completely agree. Its a updated TVR but i still like it (and i hate Toyota). Ill bet money they try and sell it in the US as a Scion

I like it, and I even don't mind the front (although it is rather busy).
Gonna need more info though. Like performance. Cost. Interior. Is it actually going to progress from concept? But so far, nice one, maker of white goods.

1) Oooh! Pretty profile!
2) Dear god, I hope that front end is one of those things that doesn't survive the concept stage
3) Will this slot above the FT-86 as a spiritual Surpra successor? Will it be more Genesis Coupe or GT-R competitor? There's a lot of the former, but I can't afford the latter... :think:

Not sure what to think here, the profile is sexy no doubt about it.
The front and rear though, they just seem to be over styled for the sake of it.
Ugly is one word that comes to mind initially but then I look at it and if they could better design the air intakes (rear ducts), do they need to be that big?

Overall it is better than the other concept released a few weeks back with that fugly spindle grille, thankfully this doesn't have it.

I think the front of this car was designed around a Japanese front plate, which are quite large if I do recall. While it's good that car manufactures have places for front plates for states/countries that require them I think it ruins car design. I think all car companies should come together against the front plate or come up with a digital front plate that goes into a windshield or something.

At first glance I also thought the front was hideous, but the more I looked at it the more I admired the amount of detail.

Also, Gran Turismo 6 players will be able to play around with it starting tomorrow. :mrgreen:

What is interesting, imo, is the fact that they did not announce what drivetrain it will have, yet they said they like to point out how the Supra was known for its great straight-six and how they designed this car so it seems like it has something alike in it. Combine that to the knowledge that BMW and Toyota announced to work together on hybirds and sportscar, and suddenly you could find some 35i-derivative in that thing.

[video=youtube;GO0T-eb1jrI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO0T-eb1jrI[/video]

I like it! They need to trim the nose or something but I think it looks cool.

It'll be interesting to see how the production model ends up looking like.

Wow, I didn't expect it to look this cool. I even like the front. I really hope they don't mess up the production model.

tumblr_mze7s94ifc1qa75dzo1_500.jpg

10/10 would be the hero Gotham deserves

I rather like it.
But I'm hoping Toyota's new found love of all things sporty translates into sporty versions of their regular cars.
Yaris TS, Auris TRD maybe?