Toyota GR 86

jack_christie

Forum Addict
powered by a bigger 2.4-litre naturally-aspirated flat-four ‘boxer’ engine rather than the old 2.0-litre unit. However, the GR 86 bucks the trend of cars getting bigger as time passes. It shares exactly the same lithe dimensions as the GT86 (4,265mm long, 1,310mm high, with a wheelbase of 2575mm) and weighs in at 1,270kg – 50kg heavier than the original.

I'm here for this as well! So far I like the GR 86's front bumper better than the BRZ's, but expect both to look better and different in the flesh metal.

meh

they got rid of all distinguisheable design cues the original had
gen 2 - now even more toyota, comes with blandness included!

how they managed this by combining the front of an F-type with the side profile of a nissan Z is beyond me though..

I quite like the redesign.
The previous one felt a bit like a partsbin special (but I still love it), this seems more cohesive.

With this, the "Supra" and the GR Yaris, it is nice to see Toyota back in the fun car game.

I'm really pleased with the redesign. I already said this on the telegrams but this time around they managed to give the car a smooth, coherent look instead of the mismatched, thrown together design of the earlier car (which was characteristic, yes, but it also had terrible dimensions, surfaces and detailing).

We said pretty much the same things, using different words, hehehehe

Toms widebody kit

GAS-py5bUAAl_Sf.jpg
GAS-py9aAAALMuH.jpg
GAS-py8aEAAv4vF.jpg

Last edited:
Quad exhaust is silly, but I like everything else.