Ownership Verified: Toyota Supra TT '94

2dlu2rt.jpg

dat_ass.png

On winter holidays there's time to build, few steps more together now! Putting inlet manifold back together was horrible. Didn't bother to take too many pictures while taking it off...well, took quite many hours, but got it done.

Got the turbo on Monday, it fits so well in the engine bay :) very hard to wait over a month yet to get all the needed parts to get it running. But I bet it'll be worth it. If it doesn't blow up :D

IMG_0823.JPG

IMG_0824.JPG

IMG_0825.JPG

IMG_0826.JPG

That's some filthy opening! <3

If it doesn't blow up :D

Well, if you'll survive the blast, make sure to post her running here. Mehz wantz to hearz it. :rolleyes:

Been little quiet for a while. But at last I found time to build the engine compartment together! Last weekend we stormed with Polkky with our cars and I got Supra mostly ready and tried to get it running, but the engine didn't fire up. This weekend I checked up and found out that crank position sensor wire wasn't attached. There was few connectors which do not have the plug any more since the original twin-turbo system is now gone, so I thought I had connected all I needed but I was wrong. After that sensor was connected car fired up on first try :)

Looks like this now in the engine bay:

rS1TGvAatuTPHcdtkb8RyH_DhSWtc0IxJ51G7iyP1_s=w858-h643-no

qU0493-ZFL7U9ERsVKIjnyHtYVIxp6yYC5UyG9vhh0c=w858-h643-no

Pretty happy now when it's running again, just few things to be done before getting it on the road. Exhaust pipe modification, wideband lambda sensor install, turbo oil return flange (got better one from a friend today) and new wheels are on their way, got to buy some rubber for those. But should be on the road within a month - at last!

[video=youtube;xos2MnVxe-c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xos2MnVxe-c[/video]

Niice! What wheels are you going for?

Wheels are going to be Japan Racing JR12 in gloss black colour, 18x9 et 25 front and 18x10 et 20 rear. Quite cheap ones but should still be decent ones and look is what i've been searching for. Will look a lot more aggressive as these won't be as much inside the fenders as the Basel's :)

Got the turbo oil return line done today, now it will hold oil properly. Tiny bit of work yet and it's ready for a test drive!

Those are gonna look very, very good.

Got the exhaust pipe almost done yesterday. Needs yet a tiny bit of modification but that can wait until my holidays in July. But it's okay for now. Sounds quite lively btw, need to take some video when I get it out from the garage.

a61AK85mrMbopDc8UwQ3aBLsgedzeW5akKX2qx33GA8=w858-h643-no

Also got the new wheels yesterday, they are even nicer than I thought! Very excited about them, just need tyres yet which are coming later this week.

R1GCCNt6xKvwFy4E73tvH9Brz9Y-blPtpCFcAeNlSeA=w483-h643-no

u67zKDYUq8_9-vsDD9APesaViCF7M_OL0Y07AqECYsQ=w858-h643-no

-ry2wYFMST7nUixLnX8OZA91ZuRQ4E_LMeqsh9gRT5g=w483-h643-no

What tyres are you gonna go for?

Also, this is your only car I guess, but no daily?

Have spent too much money (again) so I had to settle for Nankang Noble Sport Ns-20's. Won't be driving very hard when it's wet :D sizes will be 235/40 & 265/35. Will burn those this summer and then get something better for next year.

Yes, Supra is my only car. When it is moving again, it'll be driven almost daily.

It's out! Photo taken by Polkky from his Opel.

kzt_-iE3Rziw6LCPEL5yEhFr_TqempanMHeRYgJHJV8=w1144-h643-no

Finished it up today with front bumper, side skirts and inner fenders and all kind of little things. But it runs and works, that's already something :D

FzV8GH5443jdxivkh90F4WwX28WPbkCsZA8TCKnB2XU=w858-h643-no

Gonna take it easy for first couple hundred km's, but had push the pedal bit harder for few times. Exhaust sounds are totally different compared to last year, car is actually few db's quieter now, which is a bit surprising. There's bit more turbo lag now, but the kick is going to be quite nice...heh. But the Kaaz differential, that is crazy...bangbangbang powpowpow skreek...I don't mind all the noise it makes, but I think many people would find Kaaz differential to be too much.

But the Kaaz differential, that is crazy...bangbangbang powpowpow skreek...I don't mind all the noise it makes, but I think many people would find Kaaz differential to be too much.

Take it easy with it, I had KAAZ (like it would make difference what brand it happened to be :D ) LSD and it can and it will bite back hard. It will make the car push on tight corners and if you then correct it by lifting you spin faster than you could believe it (all tho I had Miata, Supra is bit longer). Lift off gives nice amount of grip to frontwheels that are pointing in more than you want, rear becomes lighter while LSD takes care of locking/slowing wheels down, voil?. But you will learn to play with it.

Successful photobomb is successful.

Take it easy with it, I had KAAZ (like it would make difference what brand it happened to be :D ) LSD and it can and it will bite back hard. It will make the car push on tight corners and if you then correct it by lifting you spin faster than you could believe it (all tho I had Miata, Supra is bit longer). Lift off gives nice amount of grip to frontwheels that are pointing in more than you want, rear becomes lighter while LSD takes care of locking/slowing wheels down, voil?. But you will learn to play with it.

Yep, on the test run R.A. experimented with lifting off during a corner, but luckily we weren't going that fast :p I tried challenging him to try parallel parking, but challenge was not accepted.

Supra is running nicely and I've driven it now for about 1500km. Last weekend friend of mine checked that engine and turbo are working okay with stock ecu, before that I drove it quite easy. Everything was good so now it's okay push the pedal to the metal :) Had to change Kaaz differential away 'cause car was making very annoying whining, probably due the aluminium front bushings there is in the Kaaz differential. Now there's old open differential in the car and no whining noises. Before changing the differential I checked all the places (wheel bearings, driveshaft and driveshaft bearing, exhaust pipe, shocks...) I could which would be able to make such a noise, but found nothing which would cause the noise. Well, need to change those aluminium bushings to polyurethane ones, then I can bolt Kaaz back in. Which will probably be next winter since the car needs to be driven in summer :)

Few pictures with new wheels:

QvKkVrsQYJYdgx8GSYP4fF3ixmLdCzPVxUUuCTzbrLs=w858-h643-no

vjvJyUJw0hRttTPWSOHEQRFpvRgpn9PzVaQWv5LB9xc=w483-h643-no

O_4vWXS6K1jsVhYi7koa6z0TUlIAchrwdyy7P0GLsyI=w858-h643-no

Should lower it a bit from the rear, but otherwise I like it. Maybe gonna buy 265/40 tyres when those 265/35:s are done, would maybe look a bit better in my eyes.

Since the turbo is waking up quite early thanks to good exhaust manifold the engine is behaving almost stock-like. Except there's slightly more kick in it now :) but it just needs more...Well, some proper gears (manual), bigger injectors and fuel pump (E85 possibly), ecu and something else next winter.

Last edited:
So, one wheel burnouts :D <3 KAAZ
Thump up for the new wheels.

but it just needs more...Well, some proper gears (manual), bigger injectors and fuel pump (E85 possibly), ecu and something else next winter.
Add LSx truck coils to list, so you wont run out of spark with e85 and boost.

Not sure why you left Audi's reg plate to be seen ;)

Last edited: