Ownership Verified: Toyota Supra TT '94

Had some time again yesterday, which meant that I took more stuff off from the car.

IMG_2723.JPG

IMG_2728.JPG

IMG_2730.JPG

So rear axle came off. Luckily a LOT easier job than it was with E30, managed easily just by myself.

IMG_2738.JPG

IMG_2739.JPG

IMG_2732.JPG

Then took things apart from each other. Will get those at least clened properly, add some paint and change all the bushings and everything else which is necessary so that I don't have to touch them for a long time once I put them in the car again. Open differential will be sold away.

IMG_2735.JPG

As can be seen in this pic, right differential rear bushing is quite worn. Have new SuperPro ones waiting on the shelf. Rear upper suspension arm bushings also felt quite worn, need to get someone more experienced than me to check all those ball joints there is if they're yet good or not.

IMG_2726.JPG

Old rear brake discs vs new rear brake discs. Old discs have been on my to do list for almost two years, now I'll finally change them. Discs are EBC Ultimax, pads will be EBC Yellowstuff. Have to check front ones too when I manage to get that far, although plan is to get Eurospec 4 pot front brakes in there. So if the discs and pads still have one more (short) summer left, I'll go with them and get the 4 pot brakes with those EBC discs and pads next winter.

Last edited:
Summer is already here, but Supra is still missing quite many parts. Well, I have summer holidays coming in June so I'm hoping to get all the necessary parts before that. Then I have a possibility to bolt everything together again :)

Latest things I've done have been about rear end which I took off few months ago. Rear subframe had lost some paint and looked a bit ugly:

IMG_2868.JPG

Few layers of Hammerite made it look better:

IMG_2874.JPG

Some new Strongflex bushings:

IMG_2873.JPG

Rear subframe and differential with new Strongflex/Superpro bushings are already installed in the car, now I'm just waiting for new adjustable rear suspension arms to come so I can finish the rear end and get the car back on the wheels. I know the adjustable suspension arms aren't the best lasting option, but they were so cheap compared to the OEM arms (1/3 of the price...) that I thought they are good for couple years. Or as long as they last. Otherwise this project would have taken way too long.

Also I ordered gearbox seals, crankshaft seals, flywheel bolts and some other stuff from Japan. Still need to order new engine mounts and silicone water hoses. And some used facelift headlights. Hopefully I can get everything before my holidays, would love to get this thing running yet this summer. Starting to get a bit bored driving with e30 when there's no snow on the ground... :D

Last edited:
She sits absolutely perfect in your avatar ... <3

Also, props about bushings. Most people who drive these don't even know what a bushing is ...

Very nice!
Should be pink though... :devil:

Unfortunately I couldn't find pink Hammerite so I had to use just black... ;)

She sits absolutely perfect in your avatar ... <3

Also, props about bushings. Most people who drive these don't even know what a bushing is ...

Well, few cm too high there, but otherwise nicely :) shall be seen is there much more noise from those polybushings, but probably it will be more stabile at least.

Ordered Vibra Technics engine mounts and braided clutch hose today, looks like I will get all the parts before my holidays, which is mucho fantastico. Biggest pain in the ass are the headlights; seems almost impossible to find any used facelift headlights for decent price. If I won't find a pair soon I'll just have to order new ones...well, at least new ones will be good for next 20 years :D

After all I didn't manage to put the car together this year. But luckily there's always next summer and now I've collected such a big bunch of parts that I really should have (almost) everything I need to put it all together. To be honest there's still few things I'm going to upgrade, but those I will get during the winter. So next spring this baby HAS to be ready to do some doughnuts :D

In summer I worked many long days with the car. Biggest thing during my holidays in June was to get engine and transmission back where they belong. I hope I placed all the clutch plates right...anyway, after many bears at approx 01:00 at night we lifted the engine and tranny back in. Earlier that evening my friend told me that he won't leave before we've put the engine in. Which was good, otherwise I would have not get it done that day :)

AaNdqMjYyvwbEZUvkRZQry1DEWdrml_4ndvrK7LV09iDMC0aczjjdUKi4Yu9ML-6CcOCPcy0x4LHmw=w1500-h2668-no

INxvJB0ILrDxxNdvnbOLaS-tkay3uEMUNNvs_autKp6JdagM2db6jwos6fUlyZgiJzB-Rkv-okV_FQ=w1500-h2668-no

rj4myYHiEAWnxtWNUet55AxzNFORQysU2crHkYeUvXgajG9bfWGvFZnVFkOYI9zOndkfTo7tEJKjlw=w1500-h2668-no

Getting the engine and tranny in the car felt like a huge victory since the build has taken quite a while already. So this was a good leap forwards.

Then some new parts, which aren't yet in the car:

I couldn't find any eurospec headlights in decent condition so I bit the bullet and bought brand new ones:

e21x5WOs_FQRNkLpUDMqZT93nHLk5gkAL33B3WOsnili822w3MMRtlBR28hCaah9ehWCc56v86JKlA=w1500-h2668-no

Half a year ago I installed new rear brake rotors and pads and painted the calipers. My original plan was to go with stock brakes for a while and maybe upgrade front brakes for OEM Euro brakes. But after doing some evaluation I decided that since there's going to be quite few horses more than before, I definitely need to upgrade the brakes too. So...

AT3JQzUfH_6lEb_kEuqIxXEofjtEbrYE2VFTXAkJISvUJ-lkkTWHj4JWMMSf4vHQ0SWq4OyWAyV3qw=w1500-h2668-no

G1YUBPYNEDdAQ5YZbq01rMcqp2SPOOiTrqmr7brk3Mpe9bEjOaTZkFi0i1_kja0rmAf6SUEOE5jA1Q=w1500-h2668-no

Via Finnish Supra owners club I found a set of 2007 Porsche Cayenne Turbo 6/4 pot Brembo calipers with adapters for Supra paired with Lexus IS F brake rotors (360mm front and 345mm rear). Those front calipers are enormous (in the pic theres 345mm rear brake rotor under the caliper). Couple of Supras in here have these brakes and they work superbly. So I think that brakes are now good (and big) enough :) Haven't yet tried them to the car, biggest concern is that will they fit with the wheels I have. That remains to be seen. If they do, good. If they don't, I'll sell the wheels and buy ones which will fit. We'll see!

Just one more thing into the end of a long post. One day at the garage I was just too tired to do any other stuff so I had to do something...nicer.

k-NfBUeKLOnzOhLKpzKAcgNtfo8U3tyY6PSIwXaHXw5GkxfzmIkpLZq9FX75kqIzZ_eNhIEc_o8jdA=w1500-h2668-no

Yes, that is a turbo compressor housing, which had some texts (grinded them off already in this pic) and ugly nameplate thing on it.

XzKKvNd-WOPevI-nZuNJdwp1HrL_inUYSn3MTnZUxVACgl1KFtxu0YUK8saDua2xNYzHpnNWg9nGjg=w1500-h2668-no

Grinded it through.

Then started water-sanding.

-CMf_ynM7m4aPyF5BIFoHggtK6b8e_xKJNGQRAefqau5SQv2lAsQU5P--EZnxEeUIIJxHmPafn_eag=w1500-h2668-no

9N9jBrkYx6__oQGfTWLgHX0fV6Vegp4BIo0MTGvc7xqIu6PDhAbPsFdmGW-MP9H0PqMT0C7kfKmyJA=w1500-h2668-no

Sanded and sanded and sanded and then polished and polished and polished...

l6noGiayj5TEdFI2ba83JSStCLPW7y13L1ZXc_4uKTUFNN2REqKHAgXtT_bGdtmhAttRmTNaBNpmOw=w1500-h2668-no

Done. Happy.

Last edited:
Those brakes... 6/4s are going to stop you, like, last week. You pressed the brake today, and you stopped a week ago.

Got the brakes fitted and bled. In front fitting was tight but clear enough, 3-4mm clearance between highest part of brake caliper and wheel. But in rear brake caliper hit the wheel spokes...would need like 7-8mm spacer to clear that. And that is noooot good since wheels were already on the limit of the fender line (or slightly out of it actually). So new wheels it is then.

A fellow Supra owner is selling a set of Volk VR G2 wheels which will fit with these brakes. Since I was anyway going to buy some better rubber for rear, I'm now selling the old wheels and tires and probably buying those Volk wheels. Offsets for those Volks are slightly different which is good because then I'm able to fit a bit wider and taller tires (275/40/18) in rear. Those are needed for better traction and to compensate that quite short differential ratio there is in the car.

Now when brake stuff is done I can move on. There's quite a few things to do in engine bay. Cambelt, crank pulley, intercooler piping, coolant temp connectors, iat sensor and connecor change, boost control solenoid wiring to ecu...just to name a few, to do list is still quite long :D

Last edited:
Most certainly I will, just have to get rid of the old wheels so I can afford the Volks. I'll probably get Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres for rear, has anyone in here tried those? Read some good reviews from those.

Have to admit that from all brake services I've done it was a real pleasure to work with these Brembos. Just drop the brake pads in and place the pins and it's ready. Bleeding of those was a bit hard though since there's two bleeding screws. Had to do the outer one first and then inner one. I'm quite certain that I'll yet have to bleed them again just to be sure all air bubbles are out of calipers.

It is a loooong time since I've posted something in here! Summer is coming (again) and now it really looks like this thing will move this summer :)

Last time I was wondering which wheels to get. I finally found a tempting offer from Blitz Technospeed Z1 wheels in 19x9 front and 19x10 rear. I wasn't very into those wheels at first but the more pictures I saw from Supras with these wheels the more I started to love them. Eventually, I had to buy them. Colour of the wheels isn't the best match with car colour but on the other hand it brings little life into it. They can be re-painted later if needed but for next summer I'll just use them as they are.

7TUqrwJwaLMotL0-Vb0k8sXHYAHjLO2FwwmYmg7BduZ6qjTU9R_SlgTT6yRjiJnfWrUaSnAsNLC3OQ=w165-h220-rw

7LcZCEaToUY-GVKdW99JQeG-82u92XXgN3gbzOklUpIw9XfottubuEmrSUPeRPptuiA2Jk6evLPvdA=w165-h220-rw

Tyres on the wheels are done. New ones will be Falken FK453, 265/30/19 in front and 295/30/19 rear. Rears are quite on the limit regarding the wheel width and will probably bulge slightly, but if everything goes as planned the rears will be done in July so then I can get 285/30's if needed. On the picture below is one of the rears, 295 is quite a lot of rubber!

pQHoIe63mxjIlxN_3K0QcM0SqQ0lFgCdwt46BRLOMQymCnrAMg-orxjQEe_ZrZ9IJ2kmUokcOmsZug=w165-h220-rw

I also bought a new radiator and intercooler. I had a facelift-model aluminium radiator in the car and that is proved to be quite bad unit in terms of cooling. And 20 years of age has surely done something too. So I bought a Mishimoto X-Line radiator, that should be good enough.

v4OdJILpej3UN1UeQHTNVec5hryiph3nHEpOrYeF2_KfFxatCnT06y6ovqRywPczIX7mxNnf6uGz8Q=w293-h220-rw

Intercooler also came from Mishimoto, it is 4" thick R-Line model.

QdTiHwR1cKPCcSu4mvX4q99x74NpX-cB-X8xXTV8blwLHvfR_Rx-qFktTp6HFl3PXtkvXKAXhGGTAg=w293-h220-rw

There's multiple things I've done many times while doing this car. One example is the turbo oil return and now this 3.0 version pleases me enough. In the previous version pushlock AN-connectors were ugly coloured and hose was regular rubber hose. In the new version connectors are black and differently angled, hose is polyesther-strenghtened silicone oil hose and heatwrap just looks better. Previous version probably would have worked just fine but I just had to re-do it :D Left is new oil return, right is the old one.

XDtv0WGNkD1AKbya1TdxGaa0DwGeZXlJIVs_LiIcFK2v7gJR7_MS9gKDYTj0FRrsiLKt21tYeJ1wow=w165-h220-rw

M6xIsLeJYLZYHwdQ-Xg3jiuRIxQB6-JHsi8qwnSgMPSUOuCgrMFxI1y-dipjXqqc52h8nkPshnBA1Q=w165-h220-rw

Latest things I've been up to are intercooler piping and plugging all not needed hose-vents from engine. Intercooler piping is starting to be ready for Posmo's Welding Clinique. Also catch can and cam covers will be modified for better oil breathing. More from those when they're ready and installed :)

Sorry for small pictures, for some reason they refused to work in bigger size :?

Last edited:
There, I fixed it.

It is a loooong time since I've posted something in here! Summer is coming (again) and now it really looks like this thing will move this summer :)

Last time I was wondering which wheels to get. I finally found a tempting offer from Blitz Technospeed Z1 wheels in 19x9 front and 19x10 rear. I wasn't very into those wheels at first but the more pictures I saw from Supras with these wheels the more I started to love them. Eventually, I had to buy them. Colour of the wheels isn't the best match with car colour but on the other hand it brings little life into it. They can be re-painted later if needed but for next summer I'll just use them as they are.

7TUqrwJwaLMotL0-Vb0k8sXHYAHjLO2FwwmYmg7BduZ6qjTU9R_SlgTT6yRjiJnfWrUaSnAsNLC3OQ

7LcZCEaToUY-GVKdW99JQeG-82u92XXgN3gbzOklUpIw9XfottubuEmrSUPeRPptuiA2Jk6evLPvdA

Tyres on the wheels are done. New ones will be Falken FK453, 265/30/19 in front and 295/30/19 rear. Rears are quite on the limit regarding the wheel width and will probably bulge slightly, but if everything goes as planned the rears will be done in July so then I can get 285/30's if needed. On the picture below is one of the rears, 295 is quite a lot of rubber!

pQHoIe63mxjIlxN_3K0QcM0SqQ0lFgCdwt46BRLOMQymCnrAMg-orxjQEe_ZrZ9IJ2kmUokcOmsZug

I also bought a new radiator and intercooler. I had a facelift-model aluminium radiator in the car and that is proved to be quite bad unit in terms of cooling. And 20 years of age has surely done something too. So I bought a Mishimoto X-Line radiator, that should be good enough.

v4OdJILpej3UN1UeQHTNVec5hryiph3nHEpOrYeF2_KfFxatCnT06y6ovqRywPczIX7mxNnf6uGz8Q

Intercooler also came from Mishimoto, it is 4" thick R-Line model.

QdTiHwR1cKPCcSu4mvX4q99x74NpX-cB-X8xXTV8blwLHvfR_Rx-qFktTp6HFl3PXtkvXKAXhGGTAg

There's multiple things I've done many times while doing this car. One example is the turbo oil return and now this 3.0 version pleases me enough. In the previous version pushlock AN-connectors were ugly coloured and hose was regular rubber hose. In the new version connectors are black and differently angled, hose is polyesther-strenghtened silicone oil hose and heatwrap just looks better. Previous version probably would have worked just fine but I just had to re-do it :D Left is new oil return, right is the old one.

XDtv0WGNkD1AKbya1TdxGaa0DwGeZXlJIVs_LiIcFK2v7gJR7_MS9gKDYTj0FRrsiLKt21tYeJ1wow

M6xIsLeJYLZYHwdQ-Xg3jiuRIxQB6-JHsi8qwnSgMPSUOuCgrMFxI1y-dipjXqqc52h8nkPshnBA1Q

Latest things I've been up to are intercooler piping and plugging all not needed hose-vents from engine. Intercooler piping is starting to be ready for Posmo's Welding Clinique. Also catch can and cam covers will be modified for better oil breathing. More from those when they're ready and installed :)

Sorry for small pictures, for some reason they refused to work in bigger size :?

Thank you so much for posting more.

If I ever will get to Finland, can I drive it? :D one of my all time dream cars. Love your work. :)

Thank you so much for posting more.

If I ever will get to Finland, can I drive it? :D one of my all time dream cars. Love your work. :)

If it stays together after what I've done to it then I'm quite sure that this can be arranged :D