Ownership Verified: Track bike (n) money spent on a way to spend money.

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
I filled 30% of the garage space left by the sale of the ST1300. This is a Yamaha R6 that's been built to race specification (hence the number), I'm still waiting on the title since the seller is in a neighboring state. Apparently he has a fleet of bikes that he's consolidating, he keeps low-siding them so they're ugly, but mechanically sound. I can't get into the list of everything it has, since I don't even know yet.

It's not pretty, but the mechanical parts are all in good shape. The racing number is from the previous owner and doesn't belong to me.
IMG_20210209_183737422_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210209_183745189_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210209_183755913_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210209_183830580_HDR.jpg

I know this is the rear brake, not the shifter, but the light's better on this side.
IMG_20210209_184046936_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Oh wow, very nice!

If you get a track bike we should figure out how to do a track day together. I bet Tiff would be up for a MotoAmerica trip, and/or hosting you up here at Utah Motorsports Campus.

Last edited:
That actually looks kinda cool. But also a little small for you. :D

I bet it'll be much fun!

I need to make some adjustments to make it fit, but I can get my leg under the tank cutout, which is the biggest problem I have with bikes. I actually lock my leg into the tank really well, so I should have good positive control out on the track. A liter bike was a possibility, as was a GSX-R 750, but a 1000 is way too much out there and most guys on 600s are outperforming the 1000s because they are so much lighter.

Suspension, quick shifter, race dash, exhaust, evap delete, and all the lights and other street stuff is of course gone. Keyless ignition and fuel filler, brake lines, brake MC, I think it has a 520 chain, but I'm not sure, clip ons, grips, levers, rearsets, the usual stuff I can see. A new head was put on by my shop last year and the engine is pretty much stock, from what I'm told.

As soon as someone is done on the hoist I will get it apart.

Last edited:
As soon as someone is done on the hoist I will get it apart.

I'm working on it!! *grumbles*

I'm almost there on the whole "I needed a new rear suspension so I rebuilt the front end" project ... yes, I'll start a thread ... one day. :D

The best part? Since someone bought the R6, I'm now looking at the various bits that can fit on both R3/R6.

Last edited:
I should just go over the bike, get some risers, lower the rearsets, spring it for me, lose some weight, etc.

What I'm actually doing is thinking about possible color schemes and decals.