track car build brainstorm

The kit that Sector111 sells was the first generation simple non-intercooled the VF kit is A/A making more power than the Lotus 260 cup. My buddy Charlie cracked the stock ECU so that it can be tuned properly, they run great. 265-285 rwhp...
My car is a custom compound charger setup that I came up with, it's using the Magnasun MP62 and a GT3076R turbo with a larger turbine housing allowing high boost levels at sustained speeds 500+ hp....This is no dyno queen

The kit that Sector111 sells was the first generation simple non-intercooled the VF kit is A/A making more power than the Lotus 260 cup. My buddy Charlie cracked the stock ECU so that it can be tuned properly, they run great. 265-285 rwhp...
My car is a custom compound charger setup that I came up with, it's using the Magnasun MP62 and a GT3076R turbo with a larger turbine housing allowing high boost levels at sustained speeds 500+ hp....This is no dyno queen

Is the ECU the same across all model years of USDM Elise/Exiges?

The ECU was changed in 06 for the world market but that has been cracked as well. Charlie car supply a tune to every Elise/Exige from 04-09.

Awesome car, and thanks for putting up with the vetting. Too many trolls that lie about their cars.

May I request that you post a thread in the "post your car" section. I am sure everyone would love to hear the details/see more pictures of your car. You certainly seem to have an awesome automotive history.

I think that would be a major waste of time with everyone callin it bullshit without proof... I didn't come here to argue....

I think that would be a major waste of time with everyone callin it bullshit without proof... I didn't come here to argue....

You've already proven it's yours. If you had spent any time on this forum the internet before you'd not be surprised at why people (including myself) didn't believe you right off the bat.

Has nothing to do with crossing the centerline. In fact, if you'd done that my comment would have been far harsher.

Generally, you brake far too late and far too deep, you get back to the power late, you don't cut particularly good arcs in the corners you do drive. Sometimes you get scary deep into corners and near the edge of trouble.

Just because you're not trying to set a lap record doesn't mean you can't drive better. And saying "well, it hasn't screwed me yet" isn't exactly a spirited retort :)

You also posted the link into a track day build thread, so you got more criticism from me that if you'd just posted it as a fun video of what you drive.

While it's not unsafe driving, anyone that really cares about driving well should avoid most of the things (with the exception of not crossing the centerline) that you do in that video.

Steve

:p Now tell Townsend Bell how to drive it seems he has the same technique.. oh and it's now 680 to the wheels..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3tlWwr97uQ

Last edited:
Evos seem to do well in AutoX, at the local AutoX, the cars setting the fastest times are usually these cars:
Evo of some sort, i think 6
Opel Speedster
Lotus Elise
AW11 MR2
e30 318iS

heavy cars are useless in AutoX normally, i've usually competed in my moms Volvo wagon, and i've beaten the heavier japanese sportscars, like Skyline and Supra, even s13's.
Small cars seem to generally be the thing, when my dad activly did AutoX, he competed against Simca Rallys and Minis.

If in Europe with access to Euro cars, we have a lot to pick from, both FWD and RWD.

In the US? hmm.. i don't know what's common cars around there... but i'd think something like a Pontiac Fiero could be modded to perform well on track or in AutoX.
I won't suggest Buick for it though, i came second to last the one time i tried :p barely beat a BMW Z3 with a horrible driver.
hmm.. speaking of... the Z3? you get that in the US, right? that might be a good car for it.

just realized the thread was old... DOH!
stupid zombie thread!

Last edited:
watching a man drive is not the most interesting thing i see, i like seeing the car :p

Maybe because driving tecnique that suits the road conditions should be discused rather than put down ,,, And seriously dude if you don't like it don't read it...duhh