HD: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/drive/
Genre:
Thriller, Action and Adventure, Drama
Official Site:
http://www.drive-movie.com/
Director:
Nicolas Winding Refn
Cast:
Ryan Gosling, Carey Mulligan, Bryan Cranston, Christina Hendricks, Ron Perlman, Oscar Isaac, Albert Brooks
Run Time:
100 minutes

Synopsis

Ryan Gosling stars as a Los Angeles wheelman for hire, stunt driving for movie productions by day and steering getaway vehicles for armed heists by night. Though a loner by nature, Driver can't help falling in love with his beautiful neighbor Irene (Carey Mulligan), a vulnerable young mother dragged into a dangerous underworld by the return of her ex-convict husband Standard (Oscar Isaac). After a heist intended to pay off Standard's protection money spins unpredictably out of control, Driver finds himself driving defense for the girl he loves, tailgated by a syndicate of deadly serious criminals (Albert Brooks and Ron Perlman). But when he realizes that the gangsters are after more than the bag of cash in his trunk-that they're coming straight for Irene and her son-Driver is forced to shift gears and go on offense.

Looks good and early reviews have been positive. I have high hopes.

It looks a lot like the original Driver.

Two things contribute for this:

Christina_Hendricks_01.jpg

Reactions: MWF
Her role isn't that big, and...well see for yourself.

I saw it today and I liked it a lot. Not as awesome as the classic Driver, but still has a weird feeling to it, in a good way. Interesting concept.

Some might say the main character is shallow, but I don't think so - he is actually much deeper, in a way that only car people would appreciate.

However, it's not really a car movie. It's about how one feels about cars and driving.

I would give it a 9/10.

(There are some really disturbing scenes)

Last edited:
Is it out already? Oh good, I just wait it doesn?t take forever to reach our theaters.

I assume this is in no way related to the that short lived TV series with Nathan Fillion?

Just saw it. It started out brilliantly, but then kinda broke down by the side of the road. It just wasn't as realistic as I hoped. I especially hated that they payed hardly any attention to the actual cars in the movie (it is called "Drive" after all).

For instance, Carey Mulligan's car was a '01 or '02 Corolla (pretty much the most reliable car on the road) and it broke down twice (sure it could be that her character simply never changed the oil or something, but she didn't seem that stupid)...:rolleyes:

Also, the car chase with the Mustang really bothered me because he is supposed to be this great driver, but he couldn't get away from a Chrysler 300C in a new 5.0 Mustang? :rolleyes:

From IMDb trivia:

Despite the driving storyline, director Nicolas Winding Refn does not have any interest in cars.

Says it all...:rolleyes:

I really liked the start with the music and the first mission, but then I kinda lost interest in everything because things started to become confusing. It was also way too short at only 100 mins; I probably would've liked it more if it was a good 2+ hours and more would be explained.

7.5/10

Last edited: