Trains...

Overtook a train in the Mojave today... Only took me five minutes :lol: was rewarded by a lovely hooooonk :clap:

One loco pushing in the rear, four pulling. Countless tanker cars inbetween.

Last edited:
I think it has more to do with making it easier to change directions as it does not require physically turning the locomotives around. It's a common setup for helper sets...

Most likely this. I see it fairly frequently when I'm up spotting at Cresson. Train rolls through with helpers attached (usually at the back as pushers, but sometimes they're attached to the front), then sometime later the same helpers roll through running light (unattached) to go assist another train (I'd see them yet again an hour or so later).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ8Bd7SRC9k
(Not my video)

That may be to. That is one of those things I would like to ask my dad who worked for the railroad for many years.

Overtook a train in the Mojave today... Only took me five minutes :lol: was rewarded by a lovely hooooonk :clap:

One loco pushing in the rear, four pulling. Countless tanker cars inbetween.

You didn't count? FAIL! :p

Last edited:
Japan likes trains

Why do they run with so many pantographs up? The trains around 7 minutes seem to have crazy number of doors...

The NEX reminds me of a Futurliner...
JR+East+Unveils+New+Narita+Express+Train+28FL4GIL9u0l.jpg

Last edited:
I'd guess each powered bogie has its own pantograph :dunno: might avoid running power cables through the car or even train, keeping it light-weight and cheap.

Of course you got a barbecue in the cab. :p
No seriously its cool we have a real forum traindriver!

Last edited:
You think he can slip an extra shrimp on the barbie for us?

Not only on the island. Our whole region is completely unaffected by the strike :)

The explanation: Deutsche Bahn doesn't cover this region anymore. All routes here are serviced by a private railway company :nod:

Yeah but still we are completely uneffected by the strike :D

The ferry to the island is Deutsche Bahn, too, by the way. But since it isn't a captain's strike...

Last edited: