Trains...

calvinhobbes

Forum Addict
DONOR
I liked that one, so here’s another one!

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
'12 Fiat 500, '87 Mercury Colony Park
Metra’s st Patrick’s painted locomotive is a test mule for battery electric trains. Neat.

CC637B77-081B-4B24-B987-5830E738D051.jpeg

Last edited:

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
I have this odd feeling to want to take the commuter train from a station I wouldn't normally ever go to. Specifically McHenry, IL to my town of Fox River Grove.

This doesn't go far enough but still, the main gist is McHenry to Crystal Lake. I've driven up and down between here a bunch of times but only ever see this set of tracks just exist. I've never seen a train on them. The times are commuter person who works in an office type, so early morning departure and late afternoon return. It feels so stupid, drive a half hour to a station, ride train back home, wait until early evening and ride back up to drive back home. It all sounds really dumb.

GRtak

Forum Addict
For all of you train peeps.

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
Good news!!!

And I bet you the electric motors are coming from the ex-Allis & Chalmers factory turned Siemens in the 90s. It’s in Norwood, Ohio just north of Cincinnati and they’ve supplied the motors used on the NEC locomotives. So good stuff! Also, it really shows how GE and EMD can’t seem to move out of the 1970s…