Transfagarasan/Switzerland Road Trip

I think you are trying to set me up for failure. That's kinda messed up.

Hey wow.......easy on the seriousness there hero.

Just an attempt at lightening the mood......., btw anyone dumb enough to fall for that deserves some time in a jailcell :p

Last edited:
Thanks. Where did you find out the date it opens? All I could find was a general time frame?

searched on google (in romanian). Also, watch out for speed cameras. I won't recommend exceeding the limit. The country is littered with these.

They look like this:

news-20100217-01092922-2096160697.jpg

Hey wow.......easy on the seriousness there hero.

No seriousness. I'm in too good of a mood for seriousness. I suppose I should have put a " :p " in there. But to that I say...meh.

Politia? In amsterdam they are called polities.
I can see it now.
"In other news the Polities disrupted a protest turned into a mob today by firing tear gas. The polities arrested 27 people." Hilariousness ensues.

searched on google (in romanian). Also, watch out for speed cameras. I won't recommend exceeding the limit. The country is littered with these.

They look like this:

There are also stock unmarked Police Logan radars so that's not always true. Also radar detectors are legal, jammers not so. But you're from Germany where they're illegal, so you probably don't own one.

Bottom line is: try and obey every single speed limit and traffic rule, you're more likely to get nicked by the police with a car with foreign plates. Also mind the fact that some cities may have some streets which appear to be two-way, but one way is solely for buses. (I'm talking particularly about a 3km stretch in the center of Cluj-Napoca which, as I see daily, catches out foreigners to the city)

Last edited:
Being the American, I'll have to ask. Why do I avoid Gypsies?
They have earned themselves a bad rep through the centuries. Don't buy any gold of them.