Transformers 3

Luca

is meh.
Entertaining. Nice lips. Megan who?

But apart from that I couldn't get into this movie, I saw it as an overblown CGI ya-di-dah with a clusterfuck of meaningless robot fights, LENOVO, some funny moments, the Merc SLS, CISCO, destroying Chicago, NOKIA, destroying some more of chicago....

An autobot as Q from james bond was a nice touch.

Anyways as a summer blockbuster this serves you right I guess. But somehow I missed a certain depth to it.

Anyways anyone seen this flick?

helo, I just watched it today.

overall, I think the fighting and cgi was undoubtedly excellent but there really was no input into the the storyline. It felt more like a session of jokes, then lets just get down to business of seeing the robots fight.

I missed the part when shia and rosie was having lunch and "Mr. Chow" (ken Jeong, Hangover/community) busting into the bathroom with shia cause i needed a toilet break. (= =")

pros for me:
I think Dino looked amazing in ferrari or autobot mode, although he was certainly an original character for the movie.
I seem to find the supporting characters slightly more charismatic such as sideswipe, ironhide (which i dreaded when he died)
when I saw Tyrese Gibson show up (robert epps in the movie) I thought more on the lines of Roman Pierce from the fast and furious :lol: I will say that I recognised people in the movie not for their roles here but from other movies....
it was also great to see optimus prime with a range of weapons and his trailer.:D
the NEST team flying down through chicago was amazing.
and lastly, Sentinel looked way better as a firetruck. XDDDD

cons:
according to wikipedia, "bumblebee rarely spoke to sam as their (friendship) bond was more than words" that just annoyed me cause bumblebee being a vital character in this franchise, I personally feel that the audience can sense the bond through actions between the two and that after all this time not being able to talk is a big minus for me. talking through the radio forever and ever? no thanks.
the suspense on bringing down cybertron to earth was held out a bit too long, or maybe rather, the transition between the fight scenes and pulling cybertron should be done better.
although the first movie was overall better, it still annoys me to this day jazz died and due to GM sponsorship, he was a pontiac rather than the Porsche 935 turbo martini race car. They had a ferrari for this movie, so.......but oh well.

I will add more when I remember, that is all I can think of at the moment.

Last edited:
Worth the price of admission just to see McDreamy get his ass kicked. God, I hate that smug bastard.

Transformers 3 is actually the prequel to Half-Life 2. The Decepticons are the Combine, Chicago is the Seven-Hour War, and Patrick Dempsey's character is Wallace Breen. Trust me on this.

Last edited:
Worse than 2? Because I thought 2 was pretty terrible.

I had only seen the first movie prior (went and saw the third with friends), and it was definitely worse than the first, which was pretty bad in itself.

Worth the price of admission just to see McDreamy get his ass kicked. God, I hate that smug bastard.

Really? I've found him to be a very nice guy when I run into him at Laguna Seca during race weekends.

I went and saw this with the kids today in 3D and I thought it was great.

Waay better than the last 2. It's not a destined to be an Oscar nominee" but it was perfect as a summer popcorn movie. :)

I did like the actress who played Carly much better than Megan Fox. But to the poster who said 'nice lips', you must not have seen it in 3D. There are lip augmentations, and then there are those where her plastic surgeon should have said "Enough is enough!" about two jobs ago.:p

Funny thing that happened in the theater:

When it got to the part where Dino the Ferrari first appeared, a young guy about 2 or 3 rows in front of me leaned over to the guy beside him and said:

"Man! That's that new Ferrari Scud-a-ree-oo (yeah, thats how he said it)! Sweet man!"

:blink:

I whispered loudly down to him: "That's the 458 Italia!!" Zack who was sitting next to me was annoyed: "Mom...Shut up!"

A Scud-a-ree-oo? Really? Ah well...

I'm a huge Transformers fan and I recommend this movie. :)

I don't get the hate realy....

I was pleasantly surprised after the dog that was ROTF (2)
No mayor plotholes that I could spot, better pacing and some screentime and cool moments (and an introduction be it very short) for some bots outside of Prime and Bumblebee.

Now as a 25 year long transfan I see this differently then people just seeing a summer blockbuster (wich it is) but the nods towards other continuities were actualy exellent (again not like ROTF)

Spoilered the rest for those wo still have to go see it:

The main Decepticon objective is actualy taken from a classic G1 3-part episode, wich is a nice nod.
Prime is a badass, full stop, to make sure everone gets the point, they gave him a shotgun in this one.
Ironhide dying in very G1 like fashion.
No transfan can hear the words 'the Ark' whithout jumping up and down.
The Wreckers were awesome.....their assholes, but awesome and a nice hommage.
Still plenty of baysplosions, but he does tune down the military stuff.
The human in this one are were the should be, usualy running away and getting their asses handed to them by the Decepticons, as a result, instead of calling in a bloody rail gun, the Autobots get to save the day plenty of times.

All in all I liked it, ALOT, but again I'm not the average moviegoer on this one.

Saw it on IMax. It's a great summer movies. I wanted to see awesome cars and robots kicking each others ass. I got what I wanted.

Because It's an ILM showreel thats interrupted constantly by inept acting and drowned by a terrible plot.

The plot is no more stupid than that on the average summer/superhero movie realy, same goes for the acting, not that that's a good thing.
As for the ILM showcase, would you prefer going back to cardboard cutouts and people in rubber suits?

But hey if it isen't your thing just keep walking.
I enyoyed it, but again I'm not impartial in any shape or form on this.
As much as I hate Bay he actualy surprised me in a good way with this one, maybee he won't burn in hell after all, purgatory maybee.....

I loved it, great fun. You have to be quite stuck up or snobby to hark at this. Or boring.

Reactions: TC
I don't think I care. So Bay saved some money and didn't notice until I was told.

He probably saved A LOT with that, I'm thinking at on the magnitude of at least a hundred thousand on that. It looked fine, so it's all good with me.

I enjoyed the movie, quite a bit in fact. No, it wasn't the best movie ever, but it met and exceeded expectations.

Better than 2, still a hunk of dog shit. The woman couldn't act her way out of an open box. I never thought I would say this, but Megan Fox is a better actress.

Maybe I'm just getting too old for these movies, at 26, but the popcorn was BY FAR the best part. I actually found it slightly embarrasing to watch, that's how dumb and obvious it was.
Seriously, buy some microwave popcorn, stay at home, rent a movie like Bronson, Oldboy, Children of Men, Gladiator, V for Vendetta etc... doesn't matter. Here's a list of 250 movies, choose a random one. I promise your mind and heart will thank you.
No, I didn't go and expect a super intellectually stimulating experience, just entertainment, but there are limits.

EDIT: Sacrificed my 1000th post to bring you this helpful consumer information. Save yourself.

Last edited: