Transformers 3

technically that music wasn't in inception it was made just for the trailer.

Its really just a case of like 3 people making all the movie music at the moment, then their Protege's improvising a bit, then the big 3 copying the proteges, repeat.

I noticed the reused shots from The Island. It worked well, but it was really obvious, I thought.

I loved the movie, more than the first one. The plot was very 1st Gen Transformers cartoon, which I loved. Realistic, no, but its about giant sentient robots, so it works perfectly. Lots of eye candy, and good humor. I am so glad they got rid of the two ghetto Autobots from the 2nd movie. They were just awful. Even the little robots were used perfectly and made a difference in the long run. I would have liked to have seen the Wreckers in their full race car modes once or twice, but thats just a wish :)

Great movie and especially great in 3D.

Saw it and it was better than 2 which isn't saying much since 2 was a terrrible turd. This movie was slightly less terrible. At least it had a coherent story this time but it dragged on about 30 min too long.

Is it worth seeing in 3D?

The thing I hate most about going to theaters is when they're too crowded. I was checking show times and they only have 4 showings a day in 3D, but like a dozen in normal 2D. I'm not sure if watching in 3D will make it better enough to make up for all the extra people crammed in there or not.

Meh...I've always been underwhelmed by 3D movies ever since I saw Avatar in 3D; it just isn't worth the extra money and I don't find it that good of a feature at all; it's just a gimmick to attract idiots IMO.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of, the whole 3D thing being a pointless gimmick. Avatar was the only film I've seen in 3D and I really enjoyed how subtle it treated the 3D aspect.

Post contains spoilers, which are meaningless because this is fucking garbage.

T1 was good.
T2 was awful.

I'm hoping this is a good-bad-good trilogy.
Let me get this straight, the all-spark was needed to restart Cybertron that ended up on Earth, the Matrix which was even more powerful... landed on earth and now the most important thing for the Autobots is on the moon?
I'm sorry, is she acting?
What nobody knows he saved the world... what the fuck??? T2 was all about the world hunting him down.
"What a gorgeous box" Am I supposed to read into that?
Wheres Mojo?
If you're friends with Optimus fucking Prime you don't need a job.
458!!! :cool:
How can they work in secret? T fucking 2 the world knows.
John Malkovich. :lol:
Why do Autobots have hair?
Buzz Aldrin... ok.
Bugatti type 35 :cool:
Slimers a Decepticon?
I love Ken Jeung, but no.
Gay bathroom joke.. fine. To be honest i've lost the will to live watching this.

"I have a girlfriend"
"Whats her name?"
"..... Innndia."
:lol:

Ugh Bumble got riced. :(
"That means goodbye" :lol:

When Dutch snapped. :lol:
The Suburbans were cool.
Ironhide was cool too.
FFS Mexican standoff... just went it gets acceptable, Bay fucks me.
Whoa didnt expect that.
So the universe is fucked and Sam goes to bang the new chick, eh ok.
Sam graduated college? He was there a year?
Oh shit, shooting Lincoln, wish i watched this in an American cinema.
Ugh the SLS was so fucking obvious.
Threatening to Twitter it. :lol:
A British Autobot.
They said exile from America, not the world... although I forget America is the world.
He's like Professor X.
and theres your helicopter sunset.
Oh great all I need, Tyrese. "Like I said we huuuuungry."
Optimus fires bullets, fine.
Bumble's so-so at flying. :lol:
Them Impalas are badass.
"Jump out the window!!!" What a fucking bright idea.
"Why do the Deceptacons always get the good shit?" Good point.
The building sequence was kinda awesome.
Ok she knows how to shout "SSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMM" too, I guess she watched Megan Fox.
Optimus is a fucking awesome.
"SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMM!!!!"
Bumble took his head off. :cool:
Doucheemel loves sliding 'n shooting.
They activated the transporter about 3 days ago... wheres Cybertron?
Cybertron would throw our solar system out of orbit, but ok Bay.
FFS Sam rocket the sentinel. They've had the rocket launcher for about 8 weeks.
About time you killed Megatron.
FFS Optimus shotgun.
Theres still 188+ Deceptacons around the earth.

"I love you."
"I love you"

Rating Fuck you/10.

If you want me, i'll be in robot heaven.

Last edited:
And this has been random, semi-incoherent thoughts about Transformers 3 by Aston Martin. :)

Hell is wrong with me, why did I not realise Sentinal was Nemoy? *kills self*

*respawns*

Haters gonna hate, but fuck it, I don't care what anyone says, robots punching each other in slow motion is awesome. Action fx flicks are not watched or made for intelligent plots. Shallow? Yeah. Awesome? Fuck yeah. I liked it much more than one and especially two (the only progression in 2 was from large explosions to even larger explosions)

I thought it was simultaneously appalling and awesome. The acting (particularly Shia LeDouche, the chick is excused for being SO FUCKING HOT!!!!) was woeful, although I thought John Malkovich was very good (big surprise!). The plot had holes you could tow Cybertron through and most of the dialogue was just horribly cheesy.

BUT the action scenes were just awesome, I usually hate Bay's style but slowing down the action scenes was brilliant as you could see everything going on. Immense.

I think my main frustration is that, with this material, the huge amount of backstory (although I really liked the references to previous storylines, obviously at least one person on staff knows their Transformers history well), the huge budget etc. there is/was the potential for this movie to be one of the best action movies of all time. But this certainly isn't it. But it was better than number 2.

I did like the fact that at the end when Optimus just went psycho and slaughtered them all.

Which was ruined by this...

tumblr_lmyfyt9L881qapgtco1_500.gif

2011-07-05.JPG

Last edited:
Is it worth seeing in 3D?

The thing I hate most about going to theaters is when they're too crowded. I was checking show times and they only have 4 showings a day in 3D, but like a dozen in normal 2D. I'm not sure if watching in 3D will make it better enough to make up for all the extra people crammed in there or not.

No, the 3D effects are few and far between and add nothing to the movie. After a while I forgot I was watching a 3D film until I was readjusting the glasses on my face. Just watch it in normal 2D, nothing really pops out visually in the film.

Hell is wrong with me, why did I not realise Sentinal was Nimoy? *kills self*

I thought it was pretty obvious when I heard his voice, and they modelled Sentinel's face to look like Nimoy...AND he throws out that 'Wrath of Khan' line just to eliminate any doubt.

Last edited:
No, the 3D effects are few and far between and add nothing to the movie. After a while I forgot I was watching a 3D film until I was readjusting the glasses on my face. Just watch it in normal 2D, nothing really pops out visually in the film.

I thought it was pretty obvious when I heard his voice, and they modelled Sentinel's face to look like Nimoy...AND he throws out that 'Wrath of Khan' line just to eliminate any doubt.

I caught two lines. The "Needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" and "I will always be your friend".

And this has been random, semi-incoherent thoughts about Transformers 3 by Aston Martin. :)

It does that, it switched your mind to '6 year old' mode, wich is awesome and basicly what this whole transformers revival thing is about for people growing up with G1.

I like how they had Malkovich play a randomly weirdo guest role. I wonder if he had fun being in the film.

I like how they had Malkovich play a randomly weirdo guest role. I wonder if he had fun being in the film.

Based on how that character appeared, you know he had a blast. Especially that scene where he was on his back playing with Bumblebee. I would love to see the raw footage of that scene.

MPH said:
Speaking of Transformers....I don't know of anybody remembers this happening during filming about a year ago
And don't forget the extra that was in her own car being towed that was injured. The cable pulling the car snapped. The cable then whipped back and hit her in the head paralyzing her on the left side. Not a good film to be working on.

Ok i'll say it, Rosie Whats-her-name... is not that hot. Something wrong with her face.

Ok i'll say it, Rosie Whats-her-name... is not that hot. Something wrong with her face.

I didn't want to be the first to say it. Forehead's too big, nose is wide, and eyes are wideset. Basically her top half of the skull is too wideset for the bottom half, it makes her look a bit derp. Body is like whoa, but she's no Megan Fox; crazy thumbs included.
rosie-huntington-whiteley.jpg

Thank God. I'm so glad I'm not the only guy who's thinking she's not THAT hot. She's not ugly by any means. But Fox has a much more beautiful face.

Last edited: