Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen

I think it's one the biggest mistakes in Hollywood to think that an action movie doesn't need a good story, good actors and especially a good script.

The shit-massive amounts of money those kind of movies have been making would indicate you may not be correct.

The shit-massive amounts of money those kind of movies have been making would indicate you may not be correct.
Like I said, the fact that they make enough money unfortunately is a good excuse for not trying to make a good movie. But as life has shown us, in todays world, you don't need to make a good product to get rich, you just need to make the right product.

saw the film yesterday and while i admit that the film had its flaws (and there are many) i enjoyed it as a action movie. Yes Megan Fox was insanely hot (more screentime with her in that leather ensemble next time please!) and the robots special effects were impressive. I really could have done without seeing the giant decepticon's nether regions. That was just imagery that didn't belong in the movie. Along with the Section 7 jockstrap... that required a shot of memory bleach (aka vodka) later on.
Also the Autobot twins, while trying to come off as comic relief may actually come out of the film being its worst point because they remind me a lot of Jar Jar Binks and how Lucas tried to pawn him off as such a central character.
With that out of the way, i went to see the film just to see some action and giant robots beating the snot out of each other. They should have included more characters from the first film. The blonde computer chick and Jon Voight seemed to have been left out and they would have fulfilled more plot points and character development than some of the characters i the film.
I still think the films best point is that they got Peter Cullen to voice Optimus Prime. Having grown up on the old cartoon, whenever i hear his voice it still gives me goosebumps and makes me smile like i was 8 years old again. I do wish that they brough back the original voice of Megatron and i was glad to finally see the introduction of Soundwave in the film.

Ok if i was going to carry on this franchise forward, first thing i would do is drop Michael Bay. He's done a good job in getting the ball rolling but he does risk in making these films always the same like he does with all his films. Let some other director and writers come in and have a go at it (i'd really like to see original Transformers comic writer Simon Furman or sci-fi supremo's Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning take a shot at writing it).
Also i've heard that they plan on introducing Unicron in the next one. I think as Robert Orci put it as for "scale sake." Ok granted, i would love to see Unicron introduced into the film. However he should be mentioned as a threat in the third film and then introduced as the main villain in a fourth film. If they rush him in the third film they risk making the same mistake Marvel did with introducing Venom in Spider-Man 3 and making a balls up of it.

Anyway, as much as i enjoyed the film. I still believe Star Trek has been the best film so far this year and i'm more excited about seeing the forthcoming GI Joe than i was about Transformers.

IMO, it was a pile of hideous drivel with a few tiny good bits. I'd go into it, but it seems most of it has already been touched in here.

I did enjoy the "give me your face!" bit, and some of the robot gore was nice, but doing all that and then trying to pass it off as a kid's movie with some additions that only served to weaken it as a whole? No thank you. I'm kinda mad at myself for paying money to watch it.

they should have ditched the twins, and had maybe one of the girl Autobots with the kinds. i hate when they do that in movies, where they introduce characters that are awesome, give them no lines and no screen time, and then kill them off. (ex: see XMen 3)

The first one was so epic and wonderful! WTF happened?!

I just rewatched the first one with some friends. Wow, that was tedious, and then I remembered that the second was in some ways worse. It definitely needs to be seen in a place that can really overload your senses (ie IMAX), otherwise you make the mistake of thinking and being impatient.

Anyone notice how all the "good guys" cars were american?

And about half the ones from the first movie are now discontinued? Hummer H2, GMC Topkick, Pontiac Solstice. Nice job there on the product placement, GM.

GM will have paid quite a lot of money to make sure every Car and Truck (apart from Optimus) on the Autobot side is from the GM range ...

But honestly ... who cares?

actually the only thing that annoyed me there was the Audi R8 Decepticon. Was really hoping he'd have more screentime.

Third film confirmed for 2011:

Transformers 3: July 1st, 2011
10/01/2009 09:41 AM
Well its official: We have a great Transformers 3 story. The release date is now July 1st 2011. Not 2012.

Today is Day One. This morning started with an ILM meeting for five hours in San Francisco. Currently I'm flying with writer Ehren Kruger to Rhode Island to talk to Hasbro about new characters.

P.S. Megan Fox, welcome back. I promise no alien robots will harm you in any way during the production of this motion picture. Please consult your Physician when working under my direction because some side effects can occur, such as mild dizziness, intense nausea, suicidal tendencies, depression, minor chest hair growth, random internal hemorrhaging and inability to sleep. As some directors may be hazardous to your health, please consult your Doctor to determine if this is right for you.

Pain and Gain is right after shooting of Trans 3.

Michael

http://www.michaelbay.com/newsblog/files/a2bd79bb4c222b807e27707aaf1497e6-570.html

All I hope is that the usually "Good-Bad-Good" circle of most trilogies happens again with this one.

Third film confirmed for 2011:

All I hope is that the usually "Good-Bad-Good" circle of most trilogies happens again with this one.

I think Mr. Bay is the only director who starts with a five-hour meeting with the special effects team, not the script writers. That movie will be a shit-fest like the other two.

I think Mr. Bay is the only director who starts with a five-hour meeting with the special effects team, not the script writers. That movie will be a shit-fest like the other two.

I enjoyed the first one, but the second was just too loooooong and strung out.

I enjoyed the first one, but the second was just too loooooong and strung out.

It's probably about expections. I didn't expect anything from the first and enjoyed it very much, but the second one tried too hard to be funny and sort of serious at the same time and for me that just didn't work. That whole going-to-college scene at the beginning, what was that all about?

It's probably about expections. I didn't expect anything from the first and enjoyed it very much, but the second one tried too hard to be funny and sort of serious at the same time and for me that just didn't work. That whole going-to-college scene at the beginning, what was that all about?

It had the worst mum-on-dope jokes _ever_ commited on film, that's what it was about.

The last Terminator was what i wanted of Transformers: action with Robots and lost of explosions. The first one for some reason managed to bore me eventhough it was so loud, the second one... well, read my review earlier in this thread...

...the third... i don't know. Now celebrity "news" outlets say that Bay plans to kill off Megan Fox's character in the beginning. Stupid move, Mr. Bay!

Last edited:
I finally came round to watch this movie, and I must confess I liked it. Not as much as the 1st one, but it was not as far off as I had feared. The only gripes I had with "Revenge of the fallen" were a few characters which should have been left out (because there was no time to introduce them properly) and the final fight, which seemed to be a bit toooooo streched after a while.

Otherwise, I liked this flick for its popcorn-movie-character, which I found to be more or less spot-on. Of course it was noticeably aimed at the younger crowd, and blatantly overcooked in terms of human characters and their behavior. But opposed to many other so-called "popcorn-flicks", these things were organised constantly enough to be a feature and not a bug. Too many films suffer from being all over the place. In terms of storytelling and characters, Transformers 2 was saddle-fast enough (for my standards at least) to be a good movie. It could have been better, but it wasn't bad either.

Last edited:
I thought TF1 was alright, for a Michael bay film.

TF2 i can sum up in one sentence: It was all over the place (literally, geographically, plotwise, characterwise).

I'm also like first one,many people say action scenes not watchable in first movie but I disagree.First ones action scenes more creative than this;Starscream's jump to other planes,ironhide's rolls and Optimus jump between buldings awesome.Second movie not had a original stuff.Every transformer doing some martial arts moves.Actually it's cool but they not like robot,acting like human.This is the main problem of Trof.What the heck is that transformer girl? If they turn himselfs human why not every transformer do this? The most part I hated is Jetfire,they totally sucked him.I don't talk about stupid jokes and other things and probably I don't watch next movie.I belive next movie some level as Batman & Robin.

Now celebrity "news" outlets say that Bay plans to kill off Megan Fox's character in the beginning. Stupid move, Mr. Bay!

Half the theatre will just get up and leave lol. I went and watched the movie on opening day, and the whole theatre broke out in applause the first time Megan Fox came on the screen. :lol:

Just watched this movie over the weekend, I really liked it, but I'm a sucker for any action movie sooooo