Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen

I'm gonna go against the majority here: I liked it, alot.

To make it clear, I am a big fan of old school action: Die Hard, Terminator, Predator, Rambo etc. That's why I loved Taken, it was sort of a poor man's Die Hard: just a pissed of retired agent out to get his daughter back from the baddies, killing everything in his way, no CGI, no over the top chase sequences and everything was realistic, well, realistic as in Hollywood movie terms.

My favorite films also include Shawshank Redemption, Saving Private Ryan, Braveheart and Gladiator, so I am not just some dumb idiot who loves blood and explosions: I do like a genuinely good movie.

However I am a huge fan of Michael Bay movies (save it for Pearl Harbor), for one very good reason: they are always exactly what it says on the tin and Transformers 2 was no exception. All I wanted from this movie was kickass action, with cool giant robots, over the top explosions and silly, cheesy one liners for 1? hours. Instead I got 2? hours, so I was very pleased.

These are the types of movies you go to, not think about it, leave your brains and thoughts home and just enjoy some ridiculous action for a good 150 minutes. Yes, the plot was a bit...shaky and the character development was non existent, dialogues were almost painful to watch and the amount of factual errors astounding....but you know what ? I don't care. I just do not give a damn if it was realistic or not....I enjoyed it thouroughly, even more than the first one: it was a very, very good summer block buster film. And this film never intended to be anything else, Michael Bay never set out to create Oscar buzz with The Transformers 1 & 2.

I thought this was a brilliant, kickass robot slugfest, not to be taken seriously; just like I wanted it to be. I know....I am such a child...and I just don't care.

Last edited:
Reactions: TC
I agree, I think people are trying to take these movies too seriously. Megan Fox is really the only decent actor (actress) out of the whole cast, but they get the job done.

I think the biggest problem with the movie was the lack of character development. Which is an incredible achievement, considering it was 2.5 hours.
What do I mean?
In the first movie, we found a little bit about each of the Autobots. In the new one, there were new robots which we knew nothing about. How about that new Corvette Concept Autobot? It was just a bunch of big robots shooting at eachother. In the first movie, the robots had characters.
How about the roomate guy - did he do anything meaningful in the entire movie? Did he contribute/help by any means? No. He wasn't even funny.

That was my biggest problem with the movie. I wanted to know more about the robots, not the dumb room mate. I did enjoy it overall, but it would have been so much better if the movie was just focused on the transformers. And whats up with Megatron in this movie, he was a "oh shit, run for your lives" bad guy in the first, in this he was such a pushover.

And also - the jet fighters. So the USAF didn't know where the battle is until the last minute, and yet all the aircraft carriers were near enough for the jets to reach it.

In a movie about TRANSFORMING ALIEN ROBOTS I'm sure you could overlook a minor detail such as unrealistic USAF response times. :lol:

Seriously, get over yourselves.."its got no plot", who cares. It's entertainment, its a movie, you watch you spend a few hours you enjoy.

You want big fancy plots & drama go watch a thriller or a crime movie or a teary drama.

It was very well made and plenty of action to go around, worth the ticket price and a download of it in HD to watch again at home.

only good thing about corvette concept autobot was of course the look of the car

as for the mother acting all crazy bc she had a hash cookie lol no need for that part

CGI was great tho, i guess it had to be

A lot of the jokes were lame as fuck, but at its core it was a movie about giant transforming robots kicking the everliving shit out of other transforming robots, and for that I enjoyed the hell out of it.

If I wanted to watch an intelligent movie, I'd watch something else. Enjoy it for what it is.

The movie is already out? I NEVER knew that.... i did know it was gonna be out soon, but idk, i'm lame in movies :p

When Michael Bay was asked what is next movie was going to be about, this is exactly what his answer was :

:blowup:

He doesn't even use words anymore, probably unlearned how to by now.

I'm not spending more than five bucks on it IF I finally crack and go see it.

...Which could unfortunately happen since the weather sucks again this summer (so far) and the number of untranslated movies is very limited here. :no:

Michael Bay gave a shout-out to his old fraternity (and mine) in cake form! :lol: That movie was empty action calories, but that was the whole poin. B-1B and F-16-gasm? Yes please!

In an interview with some of the actors from the movie, they admited that they got some of the lines wrong, but Michael Bay couldn't be bothered. He said "Carry on."

I don't remember reading that this was supposed to be an intense drama! People come on, why are you complaining that the lines are corny? Have you even seen Die Hard?

sidenote: everyone in the theater I saw it in was throughly enjoying it.(laughing and cheering btw)

Don't you dare compare this drivel to Die Hard!!!:mad:

One thing I noticed about the movie was that the humans didn't really seem to need the other transformers too much. The USAF and USN was kicking a lot of ass.

Why are people always so forgiving when a movie has action in it? I thought last year (with the excellent Iron Man and The Dark Knight) had finally proved that action movies could be exciting, fast paced AND ALSO be well written and acted. Is it too much to ask to have high quality explosions and high quality film making in the same movie?

I can't speak for the quality of this, Bay films are generally too incoherent to tell what's going on in the action, and his allergy to continuity will too often pull me right out of the film (Bad Boys 2's cars completely changing make, model, and body style in that chase sequence where they're pushed off the truck, for example), so I am not paying money to see it, but I'm sick of people going "what do you expect?" whenever someone laments the lack of a quality script or acting in any action movie.

I'd have to say meh to this movie.

And RE The Dark Knight. It was good and all but still had too many plot holes in it. And some parts went nowhere but apart from that...

And Iron Man was good again but the story was really simplistic.

Why are people always so forgiving when a movie has action in it? I thought last year (with the excellent Iron Man and The Dark Knight) had finally proved that action movies could be exciting, fast paced AND ALSO be well written and acted. Is it too much to ask to have high quality explosions and high quality film making in the same movie?

I can't speak for the quality of this, Bay films are generally too incoherent to tell what's going on in the action, and his allergy to continuity will too often pull me right out of the film (Bad Boys 2's cars completely changing make, model, and body style in that chase sequence where they're pushed off the truck, for example), so I am not paying money to see it, but I'm sick of people going "what do you expect?" whenever someone laments the lack of a quality script or acting in any action movie.

Throw some semi-well known people together as a cast and spend a lot of money on the special effects team and you have a winner. Most movie-goers are easily distracted and impatient. People were actually complaining about this movie because they said it was longer than the first one.

Last edited:
I agree, I think people are trying to take these movies too seriously. Megan Fox is really the only decent actor (actress) out of the whole cast, but they get the job done.

ARE YOU BLOODY SERIOUS? Megan Fox is so unbelievably bad that even the slowmo shots of her breasts dead center in the screen when LeBouf is cut off the screen to show them isn't equal to how bad she was.

Listen to her line "I am going to break up with you." I've never heard crap like that before, either it was sarcastic and the sarcasm didn't pass or she was serious and all I could tell was that she didn't give a damn.

Every word out of her mouth made me want to punch someone, I am sorry but there are far better looking and talented actresses out there (Olivia Wilde) for her acting not to matter. She ruined that movie for me and the Sector 7 guy.

One of few redeming factors of it is the SR-71 Black Bird guy, he was epic...but I wanted him to live as he was so cool.