Transformers the Movie set and vehicle pics

jetsetter

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1997 BMW 528i
Here are links for photos from the set of Transformers the Movie. Interesting seeing the new Camaro in there. Seems that GM is trying to tell us something.

http://www.transformersthemovie.info/movie-images/Transformers-Movie-Set-Images/

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/05/31/new-chevy-camaro-to-star-transformers-movie/#more-2894

Here are a few samples - Many more after the jump

http://img209.imageshack.**/img209/1925/trans16tw.jpg

http://img207.imageshack.**/img207/8195/trans25lt.jpg

http://img207.imageshack.**/img207/1245/trans38sg.jpg

Characters:

Autobots (close to confirmed)
Optimus Prime (Truck)
Bumblebee (Camaro)
Jazz (Exotic Sportscar)
Ironhide (Pickup Truck)
Ratchet (Ambulance)

Decepticons (names not confirmed, most are placeholders)
Megatron (Tank - unconfirmed mode)
Starscream (F-22 Raptor Jet)
Devestator (M1 Abrams Tank)
Bonecrusher (Mine Clearing Vehicle)
Vortex (MH-53 PAV SPECIAL OPS CHOPPER)
Brawl (Police Car)
Scorponok (Mechanical Scorpion)
Soundwave (life size radio - 4.5 inches tall)

Humans

Shia LaBeouf - Spike Whitwickity
Rachael Taylor - Maggie Marconi
Megan Fox - Mikaela (Spike's interest)
Jon Voight - Secretary of State
Bernie Mac - Car Salesman (sells Bumblebee to Spike)
Josh Duhamel - Military Officer
Amaury Nolasco - Army Officer
Tyrese Gibson - Army Officer
Others mentioned so far, but not confirmed

my god if you were unsure about the camaro in silver that gold with the black stripes just bloody works. Big time. :thumbsup:

Personally, I would really love it if they stuck the original, G1 transform routines.

Optimus Prime - Semi.
Bumblebee - VW Beetle
Jazz - Porsche 935 Turbo Martini
Ironhide - Nissan Vanette
Ratchet - Nissan Vanette Ambulance

Megatron - Walter P1 Handgun + Addons (The toy, in the cartoon, he was an imaginary gun).
Starscream - F15, but I guess F22 is close enough.
Devastator - Combination of several Constructicons.
Bonecrusher - One of the Constructicons, transforms into an earth mover.
Vortex - He was a helicopter anyway, not exactly sure what though.
Brawl - Some sort of tank, not sure if he was inspired after a real-life vehicle..
Scorponok - A scorpion, one of the ugliest transformers ever.
Soundwave - Portable tape player. One of the coolest transformers ever, not sure how he'd translate in today's world though.

Anyway, I'm well aware that most of the original transformers would not work in todays world, but having Bumblebee as a Camaro is a bit blasphemous, having Megatron as a Tank is too, but he WAS a tank in one of the generations, so I guess it would work.

I read somewhere that VW didn't want to be associated with the Transformers franchise anymore, so that's why Bumblebee isn't a VW Bug.. Pity.
But I guess we'll see how it turns out. I'm a huge TF buff, and I am really looking forward to the film.

Transformers was my favourite cartoon when I was younger, this will turn me into a 5 year old once again :D

That Camaro looks fantastic 8)

Both cars look fantastic. :drool:

No Boss said:
TechZ said:
One of my fav toons :D

Me too... But how the hell are they gonna make this work? Real life cars to CGI robots?
Michael Bay will find a way!

(Oh crap, that rhymes. :unsure:)

(And btw, I hate Michael Bay.)

My question is this: Can resurrecting the Camaro help save GM? The formula seems to be working for Daimler-Chrysler but can GM get the same response as a relative late-commer to the retro-car design fad?

Blind_Io said:
My question is this: Can resurrecting the Camaro help save GM? The formula seems to be working for Daimler-Chrysler but can GM get the same response as a relative late-commer to the retro-car design fad?
Probably not the right thread for it, but on the one hand, the Camaro will raise awareness of GM's products (such as being in this movie) as a junior halo car (next to our leaf spring special :p), but on the other it won't be sold in mass quantities enough for GM to recover from its losses.

It's a terrific-looking and highly anticipated car, and if they could put such passion and boldness into their other offerings then they wouldn't have any problems.

And while Ford is not in too good of shape the Mustang is still selling well.

zeroSignal said:
Personally, I would really love it if they stuck the original, G1 transform routines.

Agreed. Bumblebee as a Camaro just doesn't seem right :|

Gabkicks said:
they are gonna screw this movie up :p everyone knows it lol

Well, it can't be easy trying to make Transformers into a live action movie.

still with todays special fx skills... there's no excuse for the film being crappy.. but we all know it will be someone's crappy "artistic interpretation of how they think transformers should look :p

hey i

jetsetter said:
Well, it can't be easy trying to make Transformers into a live action movie.

I think he means about changing all the cars while keeping the names the same. Bumble Bee should always be a VW Bug, but at the very least be a small car. His function is espionage, so I can see the need to make him fast, but not big. Pity Scatman Crothers is dead and cannot do Jazz. There is buzz at Transformers boards about getting Frank Welker back as Megatron and Peter Cullen and Optimus Prime.

The one thing really going against this movie is there there exists a rich and full history with backstory for this universe so coming in and trying to rewrite it may not work out very well. One can do this with comic books easier than movies/TV because fans don't associate voices/people with certain characters as readily.

Look at Lucas faced with his new Star Wars toy commercials and a rumor leaked out about a new Star Trek movie with new actors playing Kirk & Spock. One cannot rewrite the Bible - so to speak.