• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Transport 2000 Trying To Ban Top Gear.

The Guv'nor

From the Transport 2000 website (no it's not April 1st) they are serious

Here is a chance to make a concerted effort to send the BBC`s Top Gear programme, that mouthpiece for car fanatics presented by chief petrolhead Jeremy Clarkson, to the scrapheap.

The BBC is inviting viewers to have their say on the future of the BBC. Although the consultation is ostensibly about commenting on the Green Paper and future options for the role and governance of the BBC, it provides an opportunity to comment on programme content, for example:

... To call for more balanced reporting on transport, ie putting the environmental/social angle, and for the BBC to play a higher profile role in educating the public about sustainability issues, for example the contribution of transport to climate change.

... To call for `motormania` programmes such as Top Gear to be scrapped on the grounds that they glamorise speed and the use of vehicles with high fuel consumption.

The on-line questionnaire can be filled in at:

www.bbccharterreview.org.uk/have_your_say/green_paper/BBC_Greenpaper_Questionnaire.doc

Alternatively, email your comments to

bbccharterreview@culture.gsi.gov.uk

You can also view the original argument and post your thoughts on their site and message board at www.transport2000.org.uk but please dont start shouting loads of abuse as they will think we are just yobs.

The deadline is 31 May 2005.

i swear, if the greens had their way it would be nothing but bikes and monorails...

this is a form of censorship, its one cloaked in a veil of environmentalisim, but it is still censorship.

but I wouldnt worry, even if the BBC drop TG, it is so popular it will be picked up...maybe this is why they have been trying to get on the disco channel

and "I would like to call for an end to "what not to wear" on BBC2...and replace it with a more sencible programme called "maybe you should wear this"...as we feel it does not represent responsible clothing, and frequently fails to include the interest of most men in its programming"

"maybe you should wear this" would provide advice on sensible clothing and sensible shoes"

:wall: :wall: Are they crazy? If everybody else likes it, why can't we have it? Aren't they fine in their holes?

The best thing is.

THERE AINT NO GLOBAL WARMING.

The Humans aint DOING anything to make the earth warmer.
Infact the earth has colled down over the last few years acording to Nasas satellite data.

The only models that show the earth temo to actually rise is the ones who the greens have programed themself.

Nasa started to send up in the 70s satelits to meassure temp all over the earth and it first saw a sligtly increase in temps in the early 90s but since then it stayed at the same and now for the last 5 years it gone down abit.

The actual heat waves are caused by solar activity.

Also in the 70s the Green were claiming the earth is going towards another iceage if we dont stop polluting the air.

Since then they changed their mind when the iceage never happened.

BTW they predicted over 10 years ago that the temps would have raised by now with over 5-10 degres.
?So far it hasn't happened.

Scud said:
The best thing is.

THERE AINT NO GLOBAL WARMING.

The Humans aint DOING anything to make the earth warmer.
Infact the earth has colled down over the last few years acording to Nasas satellite data.

The only models that show the earth temo to actually rise is the ones who the greens have programed themself.

Nasa started to send up in the 70s satelits to meassure temp all over the earth and it first saw a sligtly increase in temps in the early 90s but since then it stayed at the same and now for the last 5 years it gone down abit.

The actual heat waves are caused by solar activity.

Also in the 70s the Green were claiming the earth is going towards another iceage if we dont stop polluting the air.

Since then they changed their mind when the iceage never happened.

BTW they predicted over 10 years ago that the temps would have raised by now with over 5-10 degres.
?So far it hasn't happened.

This is exactly what i have heard!! And its the natural cycles that the earth is in. Apparantly its got a lot to do with the gulf stream slowing down or cooling which nobody can stop and which is definatley not down to pollution.

It's a bit naive to think that humans poluting the earth does absulutely no bad. Smog for instance is a big problem, and health effects of cars are noticeable, to say the least. Be a bit more carefull with saying global warning doesn't exist, do some proper research first.
Anyway, back to the original discussion, Top Gear shouldn't be cancelled, it's way too much fun.

Re: Transport 2000 Trying To Ban Top Gear.

... To call for `motormania` programmes such as Top Gear to be scrapped on the grounds that they glamorise speed and the use of vehicles with high fuel consumption.

Most of us don't even have money for a big engined car. At least let us watch other people driving them. :p

...Everyone is talking about how to reduce car use, cut climate change emissions and make the roads safer but, to quote in perhaps its own language, Top Gear effectively sticks up its fingers to this...

that's why we love this show
angel_not.gif
angel_not.gif
angel_not.gif

Ehh stokvis.

The scientist have comed out MANY times saying it's a big hoax.
The reason why earth warms up and cools down is because of solar activity.

Here you see the solar activity and the temps on earth at the same time.

robinson.gif

Many have been fooled by the green bitches.
Dont belive in them belive what you see your self.
These are REAL facts and not made up computer models the green bitches make to support their lies.

"The green bitches" aren't only about global warming, there's so much more to it, also I didn't say it did exist either, but "the scientists" don't all agree on this.
Don't get me wrong, I love cars, but you can't just say, global warming doesn't exist, so the green parties are stupid. There's much more to it, smog, toxic waste and gasses being expelled by our vehicles.

The scientists that agree to global warming is getting paid alot of money.

Those who aint getting paid says it's all bullshit.

Now when the actual temps has actually gone down abit the green bitches claims that the seas is actually warming up.

They change their story faster then chicken wing down Oprahs troath.
Now that's fast.

Ofcourse there is smog and all that shit in citys made by cars.
But it aint heating the earth up.

The so called greenhouse gasses we produce is NOTHING compared to what the earth produce each day.

We only produce about 5% of the total greenhouse gasses in the athmosphare.
the rest is done by the earth it self.

Stokvis said:
It's a bit naive to think that humans poluting the earth does absulutely no bad. Smog for instance is a big problem, and health effects of cars are noticeable, to say the least. Be a bit more carefull with saying global warning doesn't exist, do some proper research first.
Anyway, back to the original discussion, Top Gear shouldn't be cancelled, it's way too much fun.

thanks for putting up the argument - for all those people talking about 'green bitches' about 90% of the models that are produced show global climate change as a bad thing caused by humans in addition to the natural global cycles - and until you have a degree in environmental chemistry im not listening too you!

second - kyoto is stupid, because it only delays the forcasted problem by about 6 years, and is a waste of money.

Scud said:
The so called greenhouse gasses we produce is NOTHING compared to what the earth produce each day.

We only produce about 5% of the total greenhouse gasses in the athmosphare.
the rest is done by the earth it self.

youre right BUT

Proceeding on the assumption that human activity has a negligible effect on climate is no longer prudent.

Are humans causing the climate to change?
98% of total global greenhouse gas emissions are natural (mostly water vapor); only 2% are from man-made sources.

That's all very well, but we're talking about a system in balance. Put 100 one-ounce weights on one side of a two-pan balance and 98 on the other and it's going to tip.

Cars produce toxic emissions, period. Cutting car uses down, therefore, is ideal. I am not sure if cars contribute to global wariming, but I've seen the smog created by car exhuats, and that's not a desirable thing to say the least.

Re: Transport 2000 Trying To Ban Top Gear.

SPG900 said:

Most of us don't even have money for a big engined car. At least let us watch other people driving them. :p

werd.

oh and dont take me the wrong way - im a full on petrolsexual! I cant get enough top gear!

Chupacabras said:
thanks for putting up the argument - for all those people talking about 'green bitches' about 90% of the models that are produced show global climate change as a bad thing caused by humans in addition to the natural global cycles - and until you have a degree in environmental chemistry im not listening too you!

second - kyoto is stupid, because it only delays the forcasted problem by about 6 years, and is a waste of money.

I have a degree in chemistry...does that count? global climate change is happening, however global warming is not occuring...what is happening is a gradual change of the average temperature, as summers are getting cooler and winters are getting warmer...for example...here in manitoba...our average temperature is aprox 11c...however unbiased predictions see that rising to 12-13c. but this does not represent that our winters are becomming warmer while our summers are getting cooler, which is atcually the case

most of that change is going to be in the winter...which is ok for manitoba, since it can get to -40c in the winter for weeks on end. however this average change is not so good for somewhere like the arctic...where the change in tempertaure is extending the melt season, and shrinking ice bergs and glacers (its happening all over the world) and raising the levels of the ocenans. now being a prarie bumpkin im not too concerned, but if i lived in New Orleans I would be begging people to stop climate change.

and saying "kyoto is stupid cuz it just delays it" is like saying "we might as well just let you die mr. cancer guy, cuz we can only delay the onset of death"

leif said:
Chupacabras said:

I have a degree in chemistry...does that count? global climate change is happening, however global warming is not occuring...what is happening is a gradual change of the average temperature, as summers are getting cooler and winters are getting warmer...for example...here in manitoba...our average temperature is aprox 11c...however unbiased predictions see that rising to 12-13c. but this does not represent that our winters are becomming warmer while our summers are getting cooler, which is atcually the case

most of that change is going to be in the winter...which is ok for manitoba, since it can get to -40c in the winter for weeks on end. however this average change is not so good for somewhere like the arctic...where the change in tempertaure is extending the melt season, and shrinking ice bergs and glacers (its happening all over the world) and raising the levels of the ocenans. now being a prarie bumpkin im not too concerned, but if i lived in New Orleans I would be begging people to stop climate change.

and saying "kyoto is stupid cuz it just delays it" is like saying "we might as well just let you die mr. cancer guy, cuz we can only delay the onset of death"

yup - stupid was a wrong word choice just a off hanbd comment - what i think is kyoto is not an efficient use of funds directed towards the problem (see Lomborg)

(also not i didnt say global warming either)

I can totally see why many people don't think climate change is a problem, but many places do have an effect that can be witnessed over the past decade. The water temperatures of the fraser river are at an all time high, and pose a potentially detrimental threat to fish habitat (thats what i study, along with polar stuff)