Travel Advice - Southern Spain

Bretton Woods

Hi FG,

It's been a while since I last posted...but, I'll be travelling through southern Spain come late September/early October. Seeing as there are quite a few European FGers, I thought I'd reach out.

My current plan is a driving route from Valencia to Seville, with quite a few stops along the way over two weeks.

If anyone has some travel suggestions (sights to see...) or would be keen to catch up, I'd love to hear it!

-BW

I visited southern Spain in 2003 IIRC.

We flew to Madrid, then drove down to Fuengirola, a small touristy coastal town located between M?laga and Marbella, with a quick lunch break in Grenada. We didn't spent enough time in Grenada, but I think it's worth exploring.

From Fuengirola we did day trips throughout the week.

- 1 road trip to Ronda. Absolutely superb place, and the drive there was incredible.

P6050065-1024.JPG

Stop on the mountain road to Ronda

P6050078-1024.JPG

Town of Ronda

- 1 road trip to Gibraltar, but we were turned away at the border, one of our party travelling on his UK-Hong Kong visa, which would have made him unable to re-enter Spain afterward. So we continued on to Tarifa, nice coastal town at the neck of the Atlantic and the Gibraltar Strait.

P6060026-1024.JPG

Fort on the beach

- 1 train trip to Seville, beautiful place.

P6080163-1024.JPG

Cathedral in Seville

I will try to find the pictures and add them to this post later. Picture added.

Last edited:
So Spain is where Cadillac and Ford used to go for vehicle names?

Road trip on CA-9104(?) the road between Zahara de la Sierra and Grazelama. You'll thank me later.

Ronda is a cool looking place because it's built right on a cliff side, but it's a bit touristy... for sheer beauty, Zahara is the "white town" (not referring to race, just th colour of the homes) to see. Absolutely stunning, and capped with a 10th century Moor tower.

Drink lots of sangria, just not before you drive ;)