Ownership Verified: Trifecta complete: 1988 Toyota MR2 with 2004 Celica GT-S engine/transmission swap

Hmm...
2ZZ, mid-rear, Lotus suspension...

Nice Elise! :lol:

Plus T-tops, pop-ups, and a definitively 80s graphics package. Awesome!

Nice.

And believe you me that's him when he is really ?excited about something.....

Now I know why the car sounded more like a go-kart than anything else: there's a large tear in the exhaust flex pipe right off the headers, and I'm effectively running open headers right now. Only after that's closed up will I make any more steps on further muffling.

Now I know why the car sounded more like a go-kart than anything else: there's a large tear in the exhaust flex pipe right off the headers, and I'm effectively running open headers right now. Only after that's closed up will I make any more steps on further muffling.

Yes, thats what is sounds. Raspy, but not in a good way.
Instead of BBS, you need to get SSR formula mesh's (what I really mean is SSR Star Shark's). I had them mesh ones <3 15" 8 1/2 -15et, suits better the JDM than all German BBS. Or Watanabe's or Hayashi's or...

ROTA has cheap copies of all of those luvly rare JDM wheels.

aleica_2.jpg

osmesh_1.jpg

rkr_2.jpg

shakotan_1.jpg

Last edited:
Enkei also makes some mesh wheels and Tire Rack sells them; these might be my best bet:

Welcome to the club :driving:

I would think the 2ZZ matches the original engines eagerness to rev but with more power, so it should be a good fit for the car. :)

Turns out there's a person locally who's parting out what seems to be a wrecked Spyder. Those wheels look pretty good and non-aftermarket on a Mk1.
MK11.jpg

Love the wedge. Respect the wedge.

The wedge is <3.
I would love one.

Got the car back from the muffler shop. Finally it sounds great. Now to open up the intake and add even more to the soundtrack.

Nice find!

Got the car back from the muffler shop. Finally it sounds great. Now to open up the intake and add even more to the soundtrack.

I'd like to request new vids of this awesomeness. It sounds broken in the previous ones.

It's definitely way mellow now, though I need to dampen some interior rattles before I'll get video of it. More good news today, the T-tops don't leak even in a thunderstorm.