Trip to the San Diego Zoo

cvrefugee

Car(s)
2005 Scion xB
I had a research paper to do for my Biological Anthropology class this quarter, so I decided to study the orangutans. After doing my research/observation, I spent the rest of the time taking photos. Here are the some of the ones I kept:

http://www.flickr.com/gp/10234304@N08/9s27P2

Last edited:
Beautiful reptiles. I see you're not the fan of the post processing school of thought. It's refreshing.

2315798280_6efc93a4ef.jpg

I love wildlife.

^ Man I miss that exhibit at the zoo

Thanks for sharing the photos man, reminds me of high school days (since a couple of my friends worked at the zoo with their parents).

Beautiful reptiles. I see you're not the fan of the post processing school of thought. It's refreshing.

Thanks, I wouldn't know what to do anyways :lol:. The reptiles were really hard to photograph because there was lots of glare and not much light. I ended up using the Indoor preset on my camera and they turned out fairly well (not too grainy).

I love wildlife.

Yeah, the famous homo sapiens. That one originated from Japan.

^ Man I miss that exhibit at the zoo

Thanks for sharing the photos man, reminds me of high school days (since a couple of my friends worked at the zoo with their parents).

I haven't been there since I was 14 or 15. San Diego is not far away from where I live, maybe an hour or so away.

Unless you show the RAW data from the camera, there's no such thing as not post-processed ;)
I suggest you take a look in your camera's shooting menu - optimize image. Camera does a great deal of this optimization even on "normal" setting (look into custom to see what kind of optimization is there). Whatever you do in photoshop is just more tweaking of the same stuff. Getting most things right while taking a photo is the priority of course, but there's no "shame" in postprocessing :p

Good pics tho, pp'd or not.

Yes, yes, i know about all that. I'm talking about the heavy PP some of the photographers i won't name *cough*alok*cough* are prone to. :p

Yes, yes, i know about all that. I'm talking about the heavy PP some of the photographers i won't name *cough*alok*cough* are prone to. :p

Cough cough! Choke! Splutter! :D

that's a very nice place..

time goes by.. so quickly unlike what Madonna thinks

I can't believe it's been 6 years since I've been there already