Trips? Ya! I'm in China!

Dark_Templer_102

Car(s)
Subaru Legacy GT
Hey guys/gals, i'm in the captial of China, Beijing. Intresting internet, obviously American BB is alot faster but this is still pretty good. Wikipedia is sadly "not working" aka censored. So are alot of websites but obivously Fg isn't. I'll write back soon..or ask me some questions or what not.

China Democracy revolt freedom tiananmen square massacre!

human rights dictatorship treason traitor genocide oppression overthrow

tibet independence taiwan Chen Shui-bian Democratic Progressive Party

lol

funny enough, i was in Beijing 2 weeks ago for 10 days...
Hit up the great wall it's damn impressive a tiring walk though...but on the bright side they have a starbucks right outside the wall, and go to the silk market for some good cheap shopping :) oh and go to tiananmen square at around sunset when they take the chinese flag down...tons of people show up for that.

i loved it, absolutly loved it, the people were great...

and that censorship thing is funny, it's doesn't say it's censored, you just get a page not found error :lol:

Ya...werid

UKD you violated all the things possible. HAha, oddly i can find stuff on tiananmen square and it had pictures....i just can't load them.

Ya i'm here to learn how chinese people do business and i'm learning stuff on how my dad's factory operates. I have to go to 2 more later...

Observations:

Highway speeds are slow...60 KPH and until you get to some big open highway its 100 (man that highway that was 100 KPH speedlimit was empty...could do some autobahn stuff there..)

Audis are popular with the higherups and Kia/Hyunda is like Honda in America.

I've seen more 2007 S classes here then in American (on the roads)

I just realized 60 KPH is BLOODY slow 37 MPH?!?!? I could have gotten atleast 60 MPH in there...

He makes furniture.
Learned my parents have alot of respect..everyone stands up when they enter and stuff. I just got here and theres about a week left, so i'm gonna go to all the stations and learn how they make the furniture.

Yeah that's something i noticed...
1/3 of the cars are korean
1/3 of them are japanese
and 1/3 of them are VW/Audi. VW for basic people and Audi A6's and A8's for the high class people...

i really wasn't expecting that...

I was in Beijing two months ago on two occasions for a combined period of 6 hours, all of which was spent inside Beijing Capital International Airport.

Of course, I was only there to catch my connecting flight from Vancouver to Guangzhou and back.

So my question to you is, do you happen to see green grass on the ground while your plane was landing? Because the colour of the terrain I saw made me think I was landing on Mars! :lol:

And most of the cars there, even with foreign badges, are domestically made...especially the VWs.

The most surprising vehicle I saw over there was a Hummer H2 of all things...

Well they were doing contrustion when i landed and asked my dad later. He says it willl be the biggest terminal in the southeastern asia. Prob international for the 08 olympics.

Theres alot of jeep cherokees here too

Dark_Templer_102 said:
Well they were doing contrustion when i landed and asked my dad later. He says it willl be the biggest terminal in the southeastern asia. Prob international for the 08 olympics.

Theres alot of jeep cherokees here too

yup... I've been to Beijing several times as well along with my dad, he has alot of business there as well. As some of you know, he basically is an architect/structural engineer and designes the outer curtain wall (aka. "Windows") on sky scrapers and modern glass structures, I think his biggest projects in Beijing is the new airport and one of the many Olympics venues.

If you look at Beijing now, there are constructions everywhere now and according to my dad, he says the government says all constructions must be finished by 2008 Olympics or they cannot start till 2008, so I can't wait to visit Beijing in 2008 to see the actual city without cranes everywhere

CanadianLoonie said:
The most surprising vehicle I saw over there was a Hummer H2 of all things...

LOL..someone i know in china bought a yellow H2 for over $150,000 US dollars in china...cars that are made outside of china are extremely expensive in china.

I saw an S500 today outside the hotel. Damn it was nice!

Traffic here is slow but atleat its not as bad as it was in Atlanta...

There is alot of contruction going on, but it sorta random...its big skycrapers in the middle of these run down places..