Troy Tulowitzki

I finally figured out the Tulo love.... Tulowitski is apparently a Germanized Polish name...

3/3, 2 HRs, 7 RBIs and it's only the sixth.

Tulo jit 2 Quit.

[video=youtube;Cdk1gwWH-Cg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdk1gwWH-Cg[/video]

Tulowitzki hits two more HRs for 14 in 15 games, Rockies roll

LOS ANGELES (AP) ? The Colorado Rockies are hoping to ride Troy Tulowitzki's (FSY) phenomenal homer streak right into the postseason.

Tulowitzki hit two more home runs Saturday ? tying a modern major league record with 14 in a 15-game stretch ? and the Rockies kept up their pursuit of a playoff spot by routing the Los Angeles Dodgers 12-2 for their 20th victory in 26 games.

"I really don't have words to describe what we're seeing from Troy Tulowitzki," manager Jim Tracy said. "I mean, how do you describe 14 homers in 15 games? You know, it's one thing to be hot, and another to be in a zone like this guy is in. But he has that type of mentality. He loves this time of the year, and he's proven that going back to 2007."

The Rockies began the day a game behind San Francisco in the NL West, and chasing for the wild card.

Tulowitzki has four multihomer games this season ? all of them within his last 10 games ? and is hitting .394 with 35 RBIs in his last 16 contests. He joined Albert Belle (1995) and Barry Bonds (2001) as the only players since 1900 to homer 14 times in a span of 15 games.

"That's awesome. But I think the timing of it ? coming down the stretch here ? is what definitely makes me a lot happier with it because it's huge for our team," Tulowitzki said. "If you had to pick one time to do it, it would be now. So I'm definitely proud of that.

"I might not play any better than this in my entire career, so it's something that I'll always remember," he added. "But for right now, I'm not done with this."

The Rockies' shortstop hit a two-run homer in the first inning, doubled in the third and added another two-run shot in the fifth against rookie John Ely (FSY). Tulowitzki fouled out with the bases loaded in the eighth, but Melvin Mora (FSY) hit a grand slam later in the inning. Mora also singled home a run. His five RBIs were one off his career best with Baltimore in 2008.

Tulowitzki got the Rockies rolling after a two-out walk in the first to NL batting leader Carlos Gonzalez (FSY), then hit a first-pitch homer to center field for his 26th of the season after another walk to Gonzalez in the fifth...

:clap: :clap: ... :clap: :clap: :clap: ... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: ... TULO!

Well, Tulo's season is over, so let's take a look at just how awesome he really was this year. :p

Let us pray compare...

In comparison with all qualified MLB SSs, Tulo was:

- 1st in AVG (.315)
- 4th in R (89)
- 1st in HR (27)
- 1st in RBI (95)
- 9th in SB (11)
- 5th in BB/K (0.62)
- 1st in OBP (.381)
- 1st in SLG (.568)
- 1st in wOBA (.408)
- 1st in WAR (6.4)

...and he did all that in 470 ABs/529 PAs. He missed 6 weeks with a fractured wrist yet still put up numbers comparable with just about any elite player, regardless of position. :D

This is the most amazing thread this forum has ever witnessed. :cool:

I`m against giving anyone a 10 year contract.

Holy crap, someone else bumped this thread! :p

Bump!
Tulo signs a big extension. Yahoo sports blasts this move. Discuss.
What a rambling, disjointed article... at least he didn't go down the "injury-prone" route. I agree the deal wasn't completely necessary right now, but it's no where near as risky as the writer tries to make it seem.

I`m against giving anyone a 10 year contract.
Long-term deals aren't necessarily a bad thing; everything depends on the money. Look at Longoria's 9-year deal... I think it's pretty safe to say that contract is by far the best in baseball. Locking up young superstars early is not only smart but absolutely necessary for smaller market teams.

Anyway, Tulo's new money is really only for 6 years. Colorado matched his current contract, exercised his option and will pay him ~20mil/yr for those 6 years. That's perfectly reasonable in my book, even before accounting for inflation or over-performance.

I'm probably biased, but there are only two options in this situation:

- Sign a franchise player to a long deal and build around him

or

- Let him walk away/trade him and rebuild with young talent (lather, rinse, and repeat every few years).

Damned if you do, damned it you don't. :p

Breaking news: ESPN gives Tulo credit!?! :p

The Colorado Rockies have announced that shortstop Troy Tulowitzki has signed a contract extension through 2020. According to ESPN?s Buster Olney, with this deal, he is guaranteed to make $157.75 million over the next ten years.

Tulowitzki won his first Rawlings Gold Glove this season after being the overall Web Gem champion, and finished fifth in the National League MVP voting for the second straight year. He established career highs in batting average, slugging percentage and on-base percentage, posting a .949 OPS that was eighth-best in the major leagues.

And he became just the fourth National League shortstop since 1901 to post a .300 batting average with 25 home runs and an OPS of .900, joining Hanley Ramirez (twice), Rich Aurilia and Hall of Famer Ernie Banks (twice).

Over the past two seasons, Tulowitzki has been the most productive shortstop in baseball. His OPS of .939 is more than 30 points higher than any other shortstop's in the league over the past two years. Ramirez is the only other SS in baseball in that span with an OPS even over .800.

According to the advanced metric Wins Above Replacement, Tulowitzki has been the best shortstop in the league the past two seasons and the sixth-best position player in all of baseball. He?s been good for almost two wins more than Ramirez, who is second, and third among shortstops is Derek Jeter, who is also looking for a new deal this offseason.

And the Elias Sports Bureau tells us that among players who have played 75 percent of their games at shortstop, with a minimum of 50 career games, Tulowitzki?s .857 OPS ranks fourth in major league history.

Highest OPS among MLB SS
Last 2 Seasons
(min. 100 games at SS)

Troy Tulowitzki .939
Hanley Ramirez .905
Derek Jeter .789
Juan Uribe .781

<3

Dear Troy,

I feel like I can call you Troy because you and me are so much alike. I would love to meet you someday. It would be great to have a catch. I know I can't throw as fast as you, but I think you would be impressed with my speed. I love your hair. You run fast. Did you have a good relationship with your father? Me neither. These are all things we can talk about and more. I know you have not been getting my letters because I know you would write back if you did, and I hope you write back this time and we get to be good friends. I am sure our relationship would be a real home run.

- 7 HRs in the first 12 games of the season
- 22 HRs in his last 38 games, going back to last season's historic month of September.
- 4 home runs in 4 straight games at the cavernous Citi Field.
- Incredible defense.
- Incredible hair.

Oh... hey, guys. Sorry I haven't dropped in recently. I'm busy hitting .306/.376/.552 with 30 HRs and 105 RBI - while, as always, playing incredible defense at the most important position on the field.

Sincerly,

Troy

P.S. I've included an image I feel satisfyingly captures my awesomeness.

Attachments

• op7w-527-mid.jpg
    op7w-527-mid.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
If only the Cubs has a player like that... you may break .500!

WTF is this thread?

Anyways, you guys wanna come visit my [randomplayerilikeandthinkheshouldbeimortlizedonaautomotiveforum] thread.
Be gone, blaspheeemerrr!

.302/.372/.544 with 81 R, 30 HR, and 105 RBI.

• MLB All-Star
  • Sporting News NL All-Star
  • Fielding Bible Award winner
  • Gold Glove Award winner
  • Silver Slugger Award winner
  • Integral member of team Too Dewitt To Quit... thanks skidd
  • Leader of men
  • Seducer of women
  • Seducer of men
  • Captain of Righteousness
  • The one and only eye black aficionado in Denver capable of making a strong and accurate throw
  • All-around beast

Troy. Trevor. Tulowitzki.

[video=youtube;Oz_-VaTHpc8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz_-VaTHpc8[/video]

Last edited: