Truth in 24

Great effort by Audi. It was good because although I was pretty sure Audi would win it was interesting to see how it came about and how they'd beat the faster Peugeots. Top production values and great drama.

I want an Audi :p

You have to realize how perfect this film worked for Audi. They just pulled out the win despite being 3 seconds a lap slower. Following the showing of this film the new R15 ran its first race at Sebring against the 908 and again won. It really is the decade of Audi in endurance racing. I love their dedication to LMS and ALMS and it speaks volumes for their company.

Just watched it. My God, that was brilliant! And H, the engineer... HUGE balls to go against Tom and call for a tire change pit. As a future mechanical engineer, I can't think of nothing better than his job.

It was those stories that made this film for me. I saw the race last year so I already knew its outcome. Having these small dramas, back stories and first hand accounts that made this film for me. I personally think this is the best racing film ever made. I am a massive fan of grand prix but this trumps it. I still think Grand prix has the best camera work though...

PS: Sorry guys, I have watched le mans several times and I still think its sub par. I am a massive auto racing fan and movie critic and yet le mans still is not there for me. Grand prix just gets my praise since the camera work was so much better than anything in its time and even today.

You have to realize how perfect this film worked for Audi....

Indeed. The filmmakers did a good job with the narrative and made a documentary that would satisfy the enthusiasts and still be accessible to those who probably don't follow motorsport.

They put a real face on the team and did well to not make the Peugeot as anonymous as the other competitors, but gave them just enough identity so that the audience saw them as the mysterious (i.e.dangerous) antagonists of the film. Peugeot's closed, "masked" cockpit versus Audi's open one supported this in a very subliminal manner.

Having identified with these people, I will be watching Audi more closely, which I'm sure was the target of the film.

I have had the worst time ever trying to watch this movie. I downloaded the torrent that has the 4gb .mkv file, but apparently:

- my Xbox won't play that
- it's completely fucked to try and convert
- it's so huge that VLC herniates on my computer trying to play it

I've discovered this over the course of two frustrating days... so I just asked my roommate to download the iTunes one, but apparently that won't play outside of iTunes or QuickTime, because Apple thinks things I download aren't mine to do with as I please.
EDIT: And apparently I can't even watch this in Quicktime at work.

This better be fucking amazing for all this headache.

Last edited:
What a brilliant film - just a superb piece of work.

For the record I just grabbed the 1.5Gb rip off the FTP's - played fine on my PVR.

I have had the worst time ever trying to watch this movie. I downloaded the torrent that has the 4gb .mkv file, but apparently:

I've discovered this over the course of two frustrating days... so I just asked my roommate to download the iTunes one, but apparently that won't play outside of iTunes or QuickTime, because Apple thinks things I download aren't mine to do with as I please.

What a brilliant film - just a superb piece of work.

For the record I just grabbed the 1.5Gb rip off the FTP's - played fine on my PVR.

Yup Yup

Dogbert I made the 1.5 expressly to play on 360s, PS3s and other devices with out having to transcode, split or all the other crap MKVs require for devices other than PCs.

Stop bitching, just get a free iTunes account and download it there. I provided a link to a guide to how to get a free itunes account.

Stop bitching, just get a free iTunes account and download it there. I provided a link to a guide to how to get a free itunes account.
lol.

Okay, my gripe was that I couldn't play the iTunes version outside of iTunes or the computer that I downloaded it on. So yeah, you can keep your constructive advice to yourself.

Dogbert I made the 1.5 expressly to play on 360s, PS3s and other devices with out having to transcode, split or all the other crap MKVs require for devices other than PCs.
Then I have you to thank. I grabbed it last night, and will happily watch it tonight at work. :D

i just finished the movie and it has got be the the best car movie i have ever watched. it really made me get into the movie as if i was part of the team hoping for victory. simply amazing.