TSX versus Lexus LS (cars not similar, I know)

nouseferaname90

I have a question. An offer was brought between my parents and me. My mom really likes my tsx (Euro accord), and is willing to trade me her ls430. I am slightly tempted by the offer cause of the 300 hp, the v8, and the rwd; however, I love the ride of the tsx and secretly, im a fan of revin the hell out of the vtec 2.4. What should I do? Take the LS, or keep the tsx?

and the tsx is around 5 years newer than the lexus.

P.S. Selling the car is not an option. both are currently financed.

However, I did drive the Lexus for several months, and I did have fun drifting and doin burnouts with it. The tsx doesnt really drift, try as I might. They both do burnouts, so thats not as much of an issue. I also had a complaint with the lexus steering wheel cause it was too big

However, I did drive the Lexus for several months, and I did have fun drifting and doin burnouts with it. The tsx doesnt really drift, try as I might. They both do burnouts, so thats not as much of an issue. I also had a complaint with the lexus steering wheel cause it was too big

Ok, you clearly dont like driving... at least not in the sense that Vette Boss meant. :rolleyes:
Also, just out of curiosity, how old are you?

Seeing as how your reckless driving style is likely to get you injured or killed, I'd go ahead and plan my fiery death in the Lexus. It's probably a wee bit safer than your Acura.

Im almost 18.

The drifting was on a closed area. Im not dumb enough to do that on open streets. And yes, I'm the stereotypical "boy racer". Give me until my early twenties to wean off that phase.

Im almost 18.

The drifting was on a closed area. Im not dumb enough to do that on open streets. And yes, I'm the stereotypical "boy racer". Give me until my early twenties to wean off that phase.

At least you're not in denial. If you realize that you are a "boy racer" and that you have to "wean off that phase" then why not start now? Also, no offense, but it doesnt sound like you know what you're doing behind the wheel. Burnouts are just plain stupid and I am positive that by "drifting" you mean donuts or slight power-over on corner exit or something along those lines. Keep the TSX and go get some performance driving lessons or autocross seat time.

Oh please, not every teenager is a dumbass. I never even got into that nonsense.

Ditto. Well, thanks for the fair warning, nouseforaname. If I see a guy in a LS driving like a nut, I'll be sure to stay far far far away.

wow some nice cars for a kid that isn't even 18 yet. I was lucky to have my hand me down supra at that age.

yes, I hate Lexuses...and their owners.

yes, I hate Lexuses...and their owners.

Ditto. Well, thanks for the fair warning, nouseforaname. If I see a guy in a LS driving like a nut, I'll be sure to stay far far far away.

Meaning that you usually wouldn't stay away from a 2-ton barge driven by a lunatic? ;)

Meaning that you usually wouldn't stay away from a Lexus driver anyway? ;)

Stick with the non-drifting TSX. We don't need yet another clueless tailgating egomaniac reckless asshat Lexus driver on the roads.

And put your baseball cap on straight, dammit!

Last edited:
Unless you have a huge need for a soft, luxurious barge, stick with the TSX - it's bound to be a much more enjoyable car to drive.

TSX, you'll be going a bit slower when you inevitably crash into something

I've actually been trying to find some classes or a track day in nor cal. google hasnt come up with anything yet though. I stopped doing burnouts a bit ago cause i realized it makes me look like a bit of a douche cock.

And yes, its not real drifting.

Meaning that you usually wouldn't stay away from a Lexus driver anyway? ;)

Lexus drivers here are mostly in their late 40s - 60s. I haven't seen one drive like an idiot.

Must be because old people are poor. :lol:

Fair enough. TSX it is. Ive made a thread about my driving in offtopic, so if you guys have suggestions, then add them there.

How did you afford a TSX at 18? Must be doing well.

The old LS is ugly, stick with the TSX.

Also, if you end up with the Lexus, know that people here will look down on you for no reason. :rolleyes: Something to consider if you're one of those people who become emotionally distraught on the interwebs.