TV confusion

pebblepixie

I dunno if anyone else in the UK has waded through the Christmas Radio Times yet (a monumental task requiring several marker pens, hot cups of tea and very, very good eyesight) but it says that TG12-07 is to be broadcast on Sunday 21st December :blink: after its already been aired on the 14th, leaving the Vietnam Special to be shown on the 28th December.....why!!!!!???? What's that all about, making us wait an extra week:mad:

On a lighter note I also noticed that on Channel Five (can't remember which day) there's a Fifth Gear Highlights programme, described as 'highlights from the last series'. I did chuckle when I saw that it's only 15 minutes long....:lol:

I've already posted this somewhere else so excuse the repeat, but 12.08 on the 28th is going to be 75 minutes long, and I assume they're using it as a Christmas special. I didn't know they were repeating 12.07 though.

I heard the last show of the season was going to be 75 min too. Sooo sweet, I will happily wait an extra week for it.

I am considering it my b'day present from TG. (29th Dec)

Luckily enough I have the Radio Times for Christmas and New Year already. Schedules as follows:

Sun Dec 14 - 12x07 at 9pm
Wed Dec 17 - no 7pm repeat due to snooker
Sun Dec 21 - 12x07 repeated 8pm
Thurs Dec 25 - Amercian Fly Drive Holiday repeated 9.30pm
Sun Dec 28 - 12x08 Vietnam Special NB standard 1 hour slot 8pm followed by something called James Martin's Mille Miglia (TV Chef drives ?800K 1948 Maserati on classic rally.
Tues Dec 30 - 12x08 repeat 8PM
Thurs Jan 1 - Best of Top Gear 9pm

E&OE. Listings correct at the time of going to press.

The idea of the Vietnam trip being 75 minutes seems plausible given the fact that it's an 8 day trip according to Richard's diary of it in the Christmas RT but the listings don't seem to bear that out. If anyone has other sources of this obviously please post.

Ahh this clears things up. I was wondering why they were repeating [12x07]. I just assumed it was a major typo/error. I still don't understand why they're repeating it but meh, who cares - we get 75-mins of TG goodness!!

Luckily enough I have the Radio Times for Christmas and New Year already. Schedules as follows:

Sun Dec 14 - 12x07 at 9pm
Wed Dec 17 - no 7pm repeat due to snooker
Sun Dec 21 - 12x07 repeated 8pm
Thurs Dec 25 - Amercian Fly Drive Holiday repeated 9.30pm
Sun Dec 28 - 12x08 Vietnam Special NB standard 1 hour slot 8pm followed by something called James Martin's Mille Miglia (TV Chef drives ?800K 1948 Maserati on classic rally.
Tues Dec 30 - 12x08 repeat 8PM
Thurs Jan 1 - Best of Top Gear 9pm

E&OE. Listings correct at the time of going to press.

The idea of the Vietnam trip being 75 minutes seems plausible given the fact that it's an 8 day trip according to Richard's diary of it in the Christmas RT but the listings don't seem to bear that out. If anyone has other sources of this obviously please post.

I read about the 75 min special on some persons blog I got in my email alerts. I figured they did not know what they were talking about and did not save it. But I was secretly hoping he was right.

well it's a bit sad that we'll have to wait 1 week extra for the final episode, but it's 75 minutes long so yay!

well it's a bit sad that we'll have to wait 1 week extra for the final episode, but it's 75 minutes long so yay!

I will not be crying over the one week wait, but not sure about after the next week.

The 75 mins thing was told to people at filming yesterday. Mentioned in the vietnam spolier thread too.
Doesn't make it true of course...

It's still a possibility. The Radio Times often points out that "no preview DVD's were available" for Top Gear when it writes about the show so it would appear that the TG team are as secretive with them as with everyone else. Also with the Christmas and New Year edition going to press much earlier than regular ones things are more likely to change between publication and broadcast and it's entirely possible that the film was still being edited when the presses started to roll and the final version is an extra 15 minutes long.

I certainly wouldn't object to it being 25% longer and neither would Mrs Hersworksfinetoo.

Just had an email from someone who went to yesterdays filming.

That must be the last filming of the season because they also shot the opening for the last show too.

This show coming up sounds like it could have been 75 min long. It must be going to be jam packed. Sounds like it is really funny too.

This person did not hear the last show was going to be 75 min long, but did say there was so much going on, she could have missed it.

We can all hope anyway.

I heard it was 75 minutes long (at filming, from Jeremy) if that helps.

B'DUM TISH! :D

most not a dudes hope for longer and more content.

WHAAAAATTT???

Are you trying to imply I was being deliberately smutty?

:whistle:

not at all - we not a dudes like longer programmes with more content - that all I meant

As long as they are safe programmes that don't put the TV on Standby when they've finished you mean???? ;) Or those programmes where just as you've got into them and what's going on they disappear off to another channel? :lol:

hmmmm....

they've neglected to inform the RT that its an extra 15 minutes long - still only scheduled for an hour on the 28th

but if its true then :clap: