TV Critic Really Doesn't Like Hammond

The only power ignorant people have over you is your own ears. Stop listening, and they will stop talking (to you).

The only reason why an article like this is published (apart from the fact that the author believes it) is because it gets a rise and makes people talk, like we're doing. Pay it no heed and it ceases to be effective.

shellygrrl said:
That was nearly three years ago and he's FINE, DAMMIT!

He's not fine. He likes celery now. That is most definitely not fine.

The only point of contention i have with her review is that she's basing her opinion on Top Gear after watching just one show. If i was going to introduce someone to Top Gear i would have picked a better episode.
On top of that you can't really base a opinion on the show just after watching 1 episode.
Like the above poster said though actually hits the nail on the head. Some critics get off on making waves and getting attention by going against the popular movement. Makes them stand out. In this case it should be a matter of "oh look, someone doesn't like Top Gear... go work for the Daily Mail. you'll fit right in there. Next!"
if i could i'd get a image of a Storm Trooper saying "move along"

if i could i'd get a image of a Storm Trooper saying "move along"

Not really sure what a Storm Trooper looks like, but maybe this gets close?

police.jpg

People are by the way entitled to their own opinion and allowed to express so. And we have the right to disagree. It's a called democracy. ;)

People are by the way entitled to their own opinion and allowed to express so. And we have the right to disagree. It's a called democracy. ;)
No, I think it's called freedom of speech or press.

Not the same thing, although it's considered they go hand in hand.

Last edited:
There is a difference between criticising what someone says and does, because as adults with free will we can make choices, and criticising what someone is as a person. OK, this woman appears not to like Richard - I'm none too keen on her but I'm not getting paid to write personally abusive remarks about her. I have tremendous regard for Richard for the way in which he copes with life just as I do for anyone else who has to live with life changing experiences. As for her opinions on Top Gear, she entitled to think whatever she likes because I couldn't actually care less.

wow, it was written by a "she", I thought a guy was writing this shit until I read this thread.
"homophobia" my ass. what the hell is going on in today's Britain... such many morons are flooding the media.

BTW judging from her comments about Hammond's appearance, which are by no means untactful, not hurtful or plain Hammond-phobic, she must be the impersonation of beauty herself. intolerant, ignorant silly bitch ;)

Last edited:
I think that this journalist is very ignorant about men. We make fun of each others sexuality all the time.

The thing that struck me as funny is the comparison with Salacious Crumb. Apart from being a geekily obscure Return of the Jedi reference, as I've observed before, it's James May that looks like Salacious Crumb.

Observe...

SNN1504TVB_280_651229a.jpg

salacious_crumb01.jpg

Unlike the journalist responsible for the article, I rather like the presenter in question here... but when that photo of James emerged it took me a while to figure out who it reminded me of. But just look at the shape of his brow and upper lip...

Hammonds Heaven (Thats the site with the weirdo's right?) will be sending complaints.

p.s. I'm aware that most of them are here now.

Last edited:
I'm sorry everone, but I think a more pressing issue than the one originally posted has arisen in this thread:

Not really sure what a Storm Trooper looks like

What?! :blink:
Have you never seen Star Wars?!?

I thought we?d officially ended this kind of Jim Davidson-esque casual homophobia

1. Casual homophobia is about as 'ended' as casual sax and causal genocide. If you think it's over in the media, or will ever end, you are very ignorant. Another thing, gay jokes like the ones on the show are very silly, but not nastily homophobic in a way that aims to offend the gay, lentil eating transgender minority immigrant feminist gypsy midget community.

but not nastily homophobic in a way that aims to offend the gay, lentil eating transgender minority immigrant feminist gypsy midget community.

You forgot physically or mentally disabled.

omg ur raycyst

I actually thought it was a male Daily Fail writer when I was reading it!!

At risk of making a very girly comment that will make most dudes here VERY uncomfortable...I wonder if she's on her monthlies?

Can be the only reason why she would spout such bitchy nonsense about a programme she has only seen a few minutes of...

Either that, or she is just a snobby gobby bitch...

Oh I just remembered; Clarkson is a Journalist on the Sunday Times - she'd be dissing her own. May be Hammond does not have any sort of a deal with Murdoch?

1. Casual homophobia is about as 'ended' as casual sax and causal genocide. If you think it's over in the media, or will ever end, you are very ignorant. Another thing, gay jokes like the ones on the show are very silly, but not nastily homophobic in a way that aims to offend the gay, lentil eating transgender minority immigrant feminist gypsy midget community.

It should be said that gay jokes like that aren't homophobic, full stop. Homophobic jokes promote hatred. To say that joke was homophobic is to say all sex-based jokes are in some way hateful.

So long as people have sex, there will be jokes about it. As gay people become more and more accepted in society, there will be more gay sex jokes that, like this one, aren't in any way hurtful. It's not "haha, gay people are inherently funny," but instead "haha, I can phrase this in a naughty manner," and we aren't a tolerant society until we can phrase things in a manner that is naughty no matter who is in the room.

This lady really needs to at least watch a bit more TG before she judges everything about it. And she was afraid she might like it? Loads of other people all around the world do! How is that in any way a bad thing?

It should be said that gay jokes like that aren't homophobic, full stop. Homophobic jokes promote hatred. To say that joke was homophobic is to say all sex-based jokes are in some way hateful.

So long as people have sex, there will be jokes about it. As gay people become more and more accepted in society, there will be more gay sex jokes that, like this one, aren't in any way hurtful. It's not "haha, gay people are inherently funny," but instead "haha, I can phrase this in a naughty manner," and we aren't a tolerant society until we can phrase things in a manner that is naughty no matter who is in the room.

Exactly. Replace the word "gay" in that sentence with "racist", "sexist", etc, and you have a good argument against today's version of political correctness. The jokes were funny, playing gamely off of stereotypes. Not enforcing them, not condoning them, and certainly not promoting any hate.

In other words, political correctness should only affect the Limbaughs and Confederates of the world; and most of us discount them without prompting anyway.