TV: What are you watching?

Ellie

Curious to read about what everyone's watching these days. Do post your favourite shows.

My latest have been Sherlock and Fortysomething (love Hugh Laurie, and, of late, BC from Sherlock). Am now working my way through Gavin & Stacey. Also, CAN. NOT. WAIT. for Sons of Anarchy to start. Brilliant show. Gritty and bloody at times. (Incidentally, I also loved Deadwood, and am probably the only female in existence to make that claim!)

My Primary watch-list is made up of (and in order of importance) NCIS, Doctor Who and Top Gear. These are the three shows that i always make the time to see when they air.
Other than that i'm mostly been recently watching Supernatural, Sherlock, NCIS-LA, White Collar, Warehouse 13 and That Mitchell & Webb Look.

That Mitchell & Webb Look.

This new series has been sh*te. :( First two series were much funnier. That Sod Cancer sketch is epic though.

Shows I always catch: Top Gear, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Mock the Week, Futurama, Mongrels (all the sh*tty pop culture references and shock humour aside, the actual premise makes it quite fun). There's others as well, but I can't remember.

Last edited:
This new series has been sh*te. :( First two series were much funnier. That Sod Cancer sketch is epic though.

Shows I always catch: Top Gear, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Mock the Week, Futurama, Mongrels (all the sh*tty pop culture references and shock humour aside, the actual premise makes it quite fun). There's others as well, but I can't remember.

The sketches are too long winded this series. Most of them have the punchline about a 1/3 of the way through, and then they drag it on. The worst for this is the Pint and a Prayer sketch.

Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Rubicon, Big Bang Theory, Sherlock, Psych, Top Gear, Tosh.0

Last edited:
The sketches are too long winded this series. Most of them have the punchline about a 1/3 of the way through, and then they drag it on. The worst for this is the Pint and a Prayer sketch.

Yeah, and as a result the sketches don't really seem like sketches, more concepts that are only very vaguely funny. It has been getting better as the episodes go on though. I haven't seen the sixth one yet, but I've heard good things about it.

Top Gear
Futurama
Pawn Stars
How Its Made/How Do They Do It/How It Works (or what ever is on Science Channel at the moment)
South Park
And occasionally the Fox animated shows (Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad)

And yes, that 3rd one there is a TV show about the day-to-day operations of a Pawn Shop in Las Vegas.

Right now, just Dragon's Den and No Reservations.

Well I saw the third Sherlock last night, and in spite of a general loathing of anything previously featuring Dominic Cumberbatch I have to confess it wasn't bad.

Just about to watch University Challenge and do some ironing.

Right now, shows that are not cancelled or on break:

Leverage
True Blood
Eureka
Warehouse 13
Futurama
Haven

and when I am really bored:

Ice Road Truckers
Wipeout

Shows I am waiting for to resume:

Hustle
Dexter
Human Target
Sherlock
Spartacus Blood and Sand
Family Guy
American Dad
Southpark
Sanctuary
V
Caprica (sort of)
Stargate Universe (it's like a train wreck)
TopGear
Fifth Gear (sigh)
Wheelers Dealers

Shows I want to punch people in the face for cancelling them:

Deadwood
Jericho
Stargate Atlantis
Legend of the Seeker
The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Last edited by a moderator:
Leverage
True Blood
Eureka
Warehouse 13
Futurama
wipeout
Dexter
Human target
Sanctuary
Top gear
Fifth gear
Covert affairs
Psych
Burn notice

Top Gear
Futurama (need to catch up on the new ones)
Chopped
Top Chef
Good Eats
Daily Show
Colbert Report
When I'm really really bored: Cops, world's wildest police videos,
When it was on and new I was watching Morgan Freeman's Through the Wormhole
Couple of anime series on crunchyroll.

Otherwise TV is pretty boring.

If nothing's on I just head to the computer, do some work, play some games, watch youtube vids, hit the bed.

The only things I'm looking forward to are, the new top gear, family guy, and chopped champions (which is coming up soon). Love the food shows.

Shows I want to punch people in the face for cancelling them:

Deadwood
Jericho
Stargate Atlantis
Legend of the Seeker
The Sarah Connor Chronicles

THE FUCK YOU SAY??? It's because of that steaming pile of dog shit that we won't get an actual Sword of Truth movie or miniseries.... fuck that fucking heap of garbage...

I am currently watching:

Burn Notice
Castle
Chuck
Dark Blue
Defying Gravity
Fixer, The
Fringe
Glades, The
Glee
Gossip Girl
Greek