TVR up for sale

vexor

Car(s)
2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
It looks like the TVR saga ? at least in its current form ? is coming to an end. Administrators have been called in after the company ran out of funds and it?s now up for sale. Plans were disclosed in October to move production abroad, and we even reported that Italy?s Bertone had been picked as the production partner. Despite this, two days before Christmas, TVR didn?t even have enough money to pay its staff.

The new administrators are actively seeking buyers for TVR, and are confident it?ll be sold. TVR was founded in 1947, and is Britain?s largest independent sports carmaker. The firm was bought by Russian entrepreneur Nikolai Smolensky in 2004, but has faced several difficulties such as poor build quality and high labour costs. We hope that the new buyer will be able to inject some much-needed capital into TVR so it can continue building its crazy creations.
- MotorAuthority.com

Damnit.

Don't worry. TVR has many fans and if there's something in this world that doesn't end it is money. I don't have it but there's many people that do. :)

Can we all chip in and have it owned by finalgear? How cool would that be?

oh please don't let any American company buy it. I hope it stay independent.

oh please don't let any American company buy it. I hope it stay independent.

Can't get much worse. It would be better then nothing.

I just hope VAG doesn't buy it. Last thing we need is more AWD "sports cars".

^ Not to mention the jobs of several hundred employees. CVG I wonder have you ever owned one, that sounded like it came from the heart? My view is that TVR is a bit like Alfa, they have their faults although the later ones seemed to have ironed out many of the most obvious problems but I, like most people here (on forum) like them because they are mad, bad and out there. We have VAG, Hyundai and Toyota for normal stuff, and firms like Alfa, TVR and Spyker for exciting individuality. Hey ho, one more UK manufacturer down the tubes.

I don't care who owns them*, as long as they make their way to the Land of the Free soon.

*Ok, anybody but GM. Let's face it...:blink:

Does that mean that Morgan would be the biggest independent UK car manufactorer? Hopefully they won't be bought by a big company as they usually tend to look at costs the most and will enforce any of their existing platforms leaving nothing but the name of TVR.

CVG I wonder have you ever owned one, that sounded like it came from the heart?

No, I just never liked their style. It's funny you mentioned Alfa Romeo, because I don't like their cars either.

No, I just never liked their style.

Coming from a guy who drives a toaster :p

Seriously though - ok you don't like their style, but that doesn't make their cars shit. I don't like the style of the current 3-series, but that doesn't mean it's a shit car.

mautzel ^^^ No that honour goes to LTI (London Taxis International) who make the 'famous' London Black Cabs. Wow.

Coming from a guy who drives a toaster :p

Seriously though - ok you don't like their style, but that doesn't make their cars shit. I don't like the style of the current 3-series, but that doesn't mean it's a shit car.

tbh, i don't like TVR that much either
they look way to extreme, the cerbera looks georgeous, but the latter ones are like designed by the power rangers
and it's not like they're that great cars either. a tubular frame with polyester body, and a way to powerful engine, without anything else. a kit car like we would say, but for way to much money.
and all cars with a stiff body and hard suspension with a lot of power will go fast around corners...unless they bite - just like TVRs