TV's shipped from online retailer

93Flareside

Sosig
DONOR
Car(s)
See Signature
Have any of you ordered a TV from the internet? How was shipping? Did anything break? I'd rather buy a TV from amazon and get what I actually want instead of settling with what's in the store.

no idea how much different things are in the US compared to germany, but here goes.
had my 47" tv shipped from amazon. regular DHL guy had to transport that sucker o_O however, he seemed happy to do so (as i have an elevator in my building) and everything was in perfect condition.

Are the TV's double boxed?

you gotta figure that TV's are shipped from the manufacturer to the stores/warehouses, etc... so they are packed well enough to handle the trip. I mean I've gotten computers in the mail and phones can't imagine a TV being any more fragile.

Samsung starts double-boxing at 70 inch I think, anything below that ships fine in a single box. Had 30+ Samsung screens as demos for a work project, all them arrived without a ding, except for damage from prior installations (as marked on the delivery papers).

Not delivered by internet, but my TV was shipped from Bahrain to UAE through cargo, i saved the original box for that reason, those are built for shipping and can take some punishment, 46", arrived totally fine.

Last edited:
Good to know, thanks!

I've ordered one from Amazon. It shipped in it's own regular box and arrived just fine.

I've bought three HDTV's from Amazon so far, no problem.

Also shipped one to my old place some 500 miles using Royal Mail, used original packaging, arrived no problems.

Ive done it twice. Once from Dell and once from a site similar to Amazon. No problems either time.

My employer had a 80" TV shipped from amazon. Seemed fine.

That's great to hear. I always thought shipping a flexible plastic pan would mean it would shatter in a million pieces.

TV's shipped from online retailer

I Know how UPS handles stuff, they know how to break stuff without opening boxes.

Last edited:
Ordered a tv from amazon. Came fine.

My brother shipped his $4,000 tv from Canada to the USA when he moved, it arrived with the screen smashed. It was shipped by PostNet and insured. The carrier paid PostNet after the insurance claim was made. The PostNet franchise kept the money, then closed down shortly after. He got zero dollars. So was out shipping costs, insurance costs, and the tv cost. Then filed a small claims case with an attorney, got a default judgement. But still can seem to get anything out of it. So out attorney fees as well now.

Does Amazon do price matching? I saw the same 40" Sony LCD for $350 at best buy and Amazon has it for $450.

Is it sold by Amazon themselves or through Amazon from another vendor? If the latter, you can try to contact the vendor directly.