"Twiglight" to spin off to TV? Nooooooooooooo!

Hey, I'm usually quiet about Zombies unless someone else brings it up.

Like you just did.

zombies done right do work, i think the only time i'll be really be bothered though is when someone gets around to making a film based on the book World War Z by Max Brooks or the comic book The Walking Dead.

Let me extrapolate, Blind. I think zombies are stupid, and I am sure there will be a rash of people...everyday, ordinary people, who will vehemently disagree with me. See, these people think zombies are cool. Hey, they would probably love it if there was a weekly zombie show, based off what I thought was a pretty poor movie. Like Zombieland!

You see how that works there, people? ;)

Who cares if there is a Twilight TV show? If anything, this will great for men who are lousy in the sack; their girlfriends can either punish the pink taco or fantasize whilst "making love". It's a win-win, men! ;)

I just do not care anymore about Twilight, poor cinema and reading that it is. The world is filled with average people with average opinions and average passions. And they like it, they really do! If something like this brings a small ray of sunshine to their average life, well great. We may be brilliant on the internet, but we are surrounded by people who, well, may not be. :| Like family, friends, your wife or husband, girlfriend or boyfriend.

As much as I enjoy a good Zombie movie or comic book, I don't think a TV show would work that well. I certainly don't think Zombies are real, but I find the idea entertaining and stimulating. It's an interesting way to look at humanity, much like SciFi. SciFi changes the conditions surrounding humanity and sees what is left, it's a way of looking at our nature through different eyes. The same is true of any post-apocalyptic movie, zombies are just one way for the world to end without wiping out all of humanity. It's about surviving adversity and how different people respond to chaos, anarchy and a total breakdown of civilization. It's about sociology and the psychology of individuals; but above all else it's about wiping the slate clean. Someone working at a car wash could become the leader of survivors, while those who hold power today may be nothing more than a walking luncheon.

Twilight is just a crap film about a useless girl who "falls in love" with some guy who can't even hold his lunch at the sight of her; she then goes on to change everything about herself, trying to win his favor. It's a horribly misogynist film - so bad that several articles have been written about it.

I was browsing the internet and my girlfriend looked over my shoulder saw a topic dissing Twilight. She was pretty pissed, and I knew that if I wanted to get into her pants tonight I'd probably have to defend it. But on the other hand, I'm a man, so I clearly think Twilight is crap and it's not like I willingly watched it. So here's a halfhearted defense because my girlfriend won't sleep with me if I don't say nice things about Twilight.

FTFY :D

As much as I enjoy a good Zombie movie or comic book, I don't think a TV show would work that well.

On that note, have you seen Dead Set? It's arguably a TV show (was shown as one; 4 25 min eps and one 50 min ep) although works better when run together into one long 150 minute feast.

Every time I see that asshole's face, all I can think about is how much I'd like to crack his head open and use his skull as a bowl for my soup.

^This.

Also, the whole whiny female as a main character thing makes me worry for the future. Bella is a pushover. I hate it, and I hate the fact that so many young women identify with this drivel.

I'm glad to see younger kids reading--I just wish it wasn't this. Like spicy said, though, hopefully this means they'll read better stuff afterwards.

Adding a TV show to the madness, though = noooooooo!
I agree, it shows young and impressionable girls that they have to be weak and helpless and wait for their strong prince in shining armor to rescue them. Which is BULLSHIT because that's not how society should function, girls shouldn't feel helpless and that they need strapping young man to help them. It's the same shit as all of the Disney movies, the young prince has to rescue the helpless damsel in distress. I'm not sure if I speak for all the guys on this, but I don't want to be with a woman who can't deal with her own shit. I'll help in any possible way but I'm not flat out making the issue go away for you. The whole feminist movement in the sixties through to the eighties, hell all of any feminist movement in the whole of human history, is being undone by these stupid mouth breathing cackhole mess of a "movie" or series of novels.

Growing up in the household I did, I was brought up on the basis that in relationships both partners contribute 100%, and that Woman have equal say in any matter. I remember my Mom kicking my Dad out of the house for a couple of days because she didn't like how he was behaving, serving as a communicator between both parents after an argument and joining forces with my sister to force my Dad to apologize for something stupid he did. It wasn't my Mom letting him do whatever without her say and if he did do it he suffered consequences, the insufferable couch sleeping and the I'm not doing anything for you until you make up for what you did service. I was raised to respect everyone equally regardless of their race, gender, and opinions. I'm not attracted to the helpless female act because I can't view them as who they really are.
/Bit of a long post, point being needy girls are annoying.

Honestly the first twilight movie wasnt that bad. The last third of it was awful though.

But frankly, Im sick of goodamn vampires. every fucking channel has a new vampire show coming out.

my 13 year old cousin better consider herself lucky i live 8 states away cause if i ever see her reading those retarded books i would take it away from her and womp her in the back of the head with it for being an idiot.

I'm not sure I buy into this "showing girls they should be passive" bullshit.

I mean, I was raised on Disney princesses as much as any girl growing up in the 80s. I wanted to BE Ariel. And yet those stories didn't really shape my character at all. As much as I loved them, as many times as I watched them, they really were just a fun fantasy, just like any movie. The thing that influenced who I am was mostly my mom. She constantly reinforced that I was smart, capable, and worthwhile, and I grew up quite independent and even a little cocky.

So I don't really believe girls take their sense of self from fiction. If a girl thinks that her only purpose in life is to be the submissive wife of some guy, it's probably because that's how she's treated, not because she read it in a book.

I remember my Mom kicking my Dad out of the house for a couple of days because she didn't like how he was behaving, serving as a communicator between both parents after an argument and joining forces with my sister to force my Dad to apologize for something stupid he did. It wasn't my Mom letting him do whatever without her say and if he did do it he suffered consequences, the insufferable couch sleeping and the I'm not doing anything for you until you make up for what you did service.

:rofl:

Dude, your mom teaming up with your sister to kick your whipped dad out of the house isn't exactly compromise.

I worded that wrong, but he was acting an ass. Like kicking down one of the doors mad.

^ That guy is an idiot. Pale face and lipstick for starters, he looks like a Twilight fanboy.

And a laugh-track? Seriously?

It's Jimmy Falon.

Ahh, that's why I took an immediate dislike to him.

I dont know if many people agree with me but I have read the books and seen the movies and as of yet still do not wish anyman I date to sparkle. I dont know I think any issues I have with the series is with the fans not really with the series itself. I mean im not a huge fan of the books- I think they are quite poorly written (although i'm no writer myself, I think if your going to be one then you need alot more talent) however I do like the message given at the end (LOVE TRIUMPHS ALL!) which although it may not be true still gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. :) However i think Edward (main vampire guy) is creepy (HE WATCHES YOU WHILE YOU SLEEP EVERY NIGHT. HE WATCHES YOU!! WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE!! ITS NOT HEALTHY!! He wants to eat you. Need I say more. EAT YOU!) and Bella (main female who wants to be vampire) is confussing obsession with love. The only character I liked at all in this series was Jacob (Werewolf) but even then I didnt like him that much in the books and probably only liked him more in the movies because regardless of the crapness surrounding him, he is good looking. In my eyes anyway and i'm a 19 year old girl so most of my friends IRL agree with me. Plus he doesn't watch you sleep while daydreaming about killing you and drinking you blood, without your knowlege.

Here he is - In spoiler tags so you can avoid him if you wish. But for people who hate twilight so haven't seen the movies and may be curious perhaps...

4172136053_251f59372e.jpg

Last edited:
^ hahaha good for you for not wanting me to sparkle. I don't get the deal with them sparkling, think it points to a vitamin deficiency or too much vitamins.

wittyusername: Here is another interpretation of Twilight: http://www.masala-skeptic.com/2008/12/why-twilight-is-hurting-america.html

Sweet Christ-kabob you need to read this.
A C-section by chewing through the mother with your teeth? A super-baby kicking through mom's spine and ribs, crippling her? An adult werewolf that is sexually attracted to an infant vampire? Twilight has reached whole new levels of fucked-up:
http://chud.com/articles/articles/2...-DAWN-MUST-BE-MADE-INTO-A-MOVIE/Page1.html?72

Last edited:
wittyusername: Here is another interpretation of Twilight: http://www.masala-skeptic.com/2008/12/why-twilight-is-hurting-america.html

Sweet Christ-kabob you need to read this.
A C-section by chewing through the mother with your teeth? A super-baby kicking through mom's spine and ribs, crippling her? An adult werewolf that is sexually attracted to an infant vampire? Twilight has reached whole new levels of fucked-up:
http://chud.com/articles/articles/2...-DAWN-MUST-BE-MADE-INTO-A-MOVIE/Page1.html?72

It sounds ... graphicer written like that :p and creepier than it is in the books trust me, im neither a fan nor a person that hates them. Im middle ground. The target audience would not analyse the books and see it that way at all. I think the only probalem we have with influencing the target audience would be they all want men who can bench press the weight of a car, while sparkling in the sunshine.
My cousins dating a dead ringer for the guy who is a vampire in the movies, when they stayed at my house a few weeks back my little brother put body glitter on him while he was sleeping. zinngggg :)