"Twiglight" to spin off to TV? Nooooooooooooo!

Wow. Take a book, turn it into a horrible, dead, poorly directed movie franchise and fuck it over into a TV spin-off? I didn't think it could get any worse.

Musical?

Or Lady Ga Ga?

20030430yu.gif

if it brings us lots of ridicule like the movies do, hey why not? :p we don't have to watch it, we just have to make fun of it!
also, i'd like to say...
"it is the cheesiest shit you've ever seen!"

btw: i love the way you mispelled twilight in the title so it got a little piece of tree int it :)

Wow. Take a book, turn it into a horrible, dead, poorly directed movie franchise and fuck it over into a TV spin-off? I didn't think it could get any worse.

Have you tried reading this stuff? The films are bad, that's true. But they do the books justice - they are among the worst offenses ever commited to paper, even worse than Patrick Robinson's submarine lore.

THIS is more gay than Brokeback Mountain.

Twilight grossed like 400 million and it lends itself to cheap effects and simple Gilmore Girls plotlines, not exactly rocket science now is it.

Twilight grossed like 400 million and it lends itself to cheap effects and simple Gilmore Girls plotlines, not exactly rocket science now is it.

There is a difference though: A single Gilmore Girls episode contains more clever dialogue and general writing than you can find in all books and scripts of the Twillight franchaise combined...

Why do you guys care if this becomes a TV show or not? If you don't like it, don't watch it, same as if you don't like the books, don't read them, or if you don't like the movies, don't watch them. If it does get picked up for television broadcast it will just give us more fodder with which to humiliate the Twilight fans, so how is that bad?

Why do you guys care if this becomes a TV show or not? If you don't like it, don't watch it, same as if you don't like the books, don't read them, or if you don't like the movies, don't watch them. If it does get picked up for television broadcast it will just give us more fodder with which to humiliate the Twilight fans, so how is that bad?

It's more about having to put up with all the hype and pointy-brained simpletons than the show itself.

There is a difference though: A single Gilmore Girls episode contains more clever dialogue and general writing than you can find in all books and scripts of the Twillight franchaise combined...
So you've read them then?

So you've read them then?

I must confess i saw the movies and read enough to make an educated guess on the amount of quality writing in the total five books: none.

Actually i'm going to stand up here and run the risk of a whole batch of neg reps. I've watched both films and i honestly didn't find them all that bad. I wouldn't say its the best film i've ever seen and after seeing them they completely changed my perspective on life but they also weren't the worst films i've seen.
The thing is that although these films are aimed at young screaming girls who have more money than sense there is at least a kind of plot to the films. Only reason i watched them originally because it had Kristen Stewart in them and the second film was somewhat ok.
Now this brings me to the crux of the matter. In some regards this also covers the Harry Potter franchise as well. Both films are based on books and in both cases the films made me go out and get the books (since usually as a general rule the books are always better than the films). Now if a film can get a bunch of school kids out there and reading books and not having them sat in front of the idiot box at all times watching reality shows, then i think its doing a good job.
As spicysaurus said, if you don't like it, don't watch it. There are worse things happening in the world at the moment. I know some of you hate it with a passion, some of you see it as being a insult to the vampire mythology that has been built up over the years. But here's the thing, at some point those use this film as a jumping on point and enjoy the vampire storyline are eventually going to go out and move on to the more impressive films.
So, rant over and feel free to neg rep me all you want. You may want to throw some insults in as well, go ahead. But i still think at the end of the day, Twilight isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

Because we're the internet, and we hate everything, and want everyone to know all about it. :D

Actually i'm going to stand up here and run the risk of a whole batch of neg reps. I've watched both films and i honestly didn't find them all that bad. I wouldn't say its the best film i've ever seen and after seeing them they completely changed my perspective on life but they also weren't the worst films i've seen.
The thing is that although these films are aimed at young screaming girls who have more money than sense there is at least a kind of plot to the films. Only reason i watched them originally because it had Kristen Stewart in them and the second film was somewhat ok.
Now this brings me to the crux of the matter. In some regards this also covers the Harry Potter franchise as well. Both films are based on books and in both cases the films made me go out and get the books (since usually as a general rule the books are always better than the films). Now if a film can get a bunch of school kids out there and reading books and not having them sat in front of the idiot box at all times watching reality shows, then i think its doing a good job.
As spicysaurus said, if you don't like it, don't watch it. There are worse things happening in the world at the moment. I know some of you hate it with a passion, some of you see it as being a insult to the vampire mythology that has been built up over the years. But here's the thing, at some point those use this film as a jumping on point and enjoy the vampire storyline are eventually going to go out and move on to the more impressive films.
So, rant over and feel free to neg rep me all you want. You may want to throw some insults in as well, go ahead. But i still think at the end of the day, Twilight isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

Are you gay? The only men I know who like Twilight are gay boys.

OTOH, you don't seem to love it, so maybe not. You might be a unique species. :p

Also, I respect your opinion, but disagree with it completely. The films are terrible, the books are worse, and the only reason I'd endure watching or reading Twilight is if someone was paying me obscene amounts of money to do so. The best I can hope for is that some people who like Twilight move on to good fantasy, like Terry Pratchett or Neil Gaiman.

It's more about having to put up with all the hype and pointy-brained simpletons than the show itself.
^This.

Also, the whole whiny female as a main character thing makes me worry for the future. Bella is a pushover. I hate it, and I hate the fact that so many young women identify with this drivel.

I'm glad to see younger kids reading--I just wish it wasn't this. Like spicy said, though, hopefully this means they'll read better stuff afterwards.

Adding a TV show to the madness, though = noooooooo!

Last edited:
How about a trade off?

No Twilight TV series in exchange for internet people stop obsessing over zombies. I dunno about some of you, but I have had up to here with f*cking zombies, and everything zombie related on the internet. It gets old.

Yes, way! :|