Two bombs went off and the Boston Marathon finish

I repeat, the MO is inconsistent with Islamists. If this has been an Islamist attack, it has been the work of amateurs, not by Al Quaeda-trained terrorists.

That is what I was thinking. And I just have a hunch that this is :

-local
-political

Boston PD reports the JFK Library incident was unrelated.

Ehh I don't know if I could reliably rate the various Boston colleges but I don't think I would put BC at 5th or 6th thats for sure. I guess it depends on what subject we are talking about. Harvard and MIT would be at the top and then you kind of go down from there.
BC is basically third.

Boston PD reports the JFK Library incident was unrelated.
I heard now that it was an electrical fire.

Boston PD says no one's in custody, NY Post report is bogus.

This sickens and saddens me. Boston is such a great city. This is going to get extremely political amid the storms of gun control. There is so little humanity left in the world.

This sickens and saddens me. Boston is such a great city. This is going to get extremely political amid the storms of gun control. There is so little humanity left in the world.

This.

I just can't imagine what goes through the mind of someone to do something like this....:(

Edit:

Someone on another site mentioned the possibility of a steam pipe explosion being a possible cause of this tragedy. And that something like this had happened before and blew a crater in the middle of the street. Could this possibly NOT be a terrorist attack?

Last edited:
BC is basically third.

I heard now that it was an electrical fire.

That is pretty much what I thought but I wasn't sure and I have no experience in Boston proper. Like I said I guess it depends on how you measure it and in what subject.

Boston PD says no one's in custody, NY Post report is bogus.

Shock of shocks the NY post is wrong. I thought during the press conference the Boston PD commissioner said there was an explosion at JFK library and not just a fire?

This.

I just can't imagine what goes through the mind of someone to do something like this....:(

Edit:

Someone on another site mentioned the possibility of a steam pipe explosion being a possible cause of this tragedy. And that something like this had happened before and blew a crater in the middle of the street. Could this possibly NOT be a terrorist attack?

Ehh I guess but two have multiple explosions on different or same sides of the street, I am still not sure of that, seems awful unlikely.

Lots and lots of conflicting information flying around right now. Every bag, backpack, and fast food bag is now being called in as a threat. Boston College called in a running vehicle in the garage but it checked out ok; Tufts medical requested EOD but that got cleared; Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center also called EOD - I think that's been cleared but not sure. A report that BPD were holding a Saudi national at one of the hospitals has been disproved but there is photo evidence of state police guarding a hooded individual on his knees on the common (our version of central park) and requesting JTTF and FBI.

Officials report that one of the people who died was 8 years old.

Lots and lots of conflicting information flying around right now. Every bag, backpack, and fast food bag is now being called in as a threat. Boston College called in a running vehicle in the garage but it checked out ok; Tufts medical requested EOD but that got cleared; Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center also called EOD - I think that's been cleared but not sure. A report that BPD were holding a Saudi national at one of the hospitals has been disproved but there is photo evidence of state police guarding a hooded individual on his knees on the common (our version of central park) and requesting JTTF and FBI.

On that scanner feed they said one of the devices was smoking. I think that was by Norwood.

Hope all our Boston FG members & their families and friends are well.

Cellphone service has been turned off in Boston.

I think that is standard operating practice after any possible terrorist incident. A lesson learnt from when devices were activated by cellphone triggers. (Spanish train devices?) Or maybe the network just got overloaded with people calling home and the media or accessing the Internet.

There could be anyone responsible for this, as in Oklahoma and Timothy McVeigh, for example.

Ehh I guess but two have multiple explosions on different or same sides of the street, I am still not sure of that, seems awful unlikely.

Yep, Just heard that they found 2 more unexploded ones.

Hopefully no more people die from this....

Boston Globe
www.boston.com

About the only good thing, is that were medics waiting at the finish line.

London marathon next weekend...

Last edited:
Hope all our Boston FG members & their families and friends are well.
This!

I just got out of bed and turned on the news to learn about this mess. It has been said before, but seriously... I can't see any single reason in the world that justifies bullshit like this.

Little child
Dry your crying eyes
How can I explain
The fear you feel inside
'Cause you were born
Into this evil world
Where man is killing man
And no one knows just why

What have we become
Just look what we have done
All that we destroyed
You must build again

When the children cry
Let them know we tried
'Cause when the children sing
Then the new world begins

- White Lion

There could be anyone responsible for this, as in Oklahoma and Timothy McVeigh, for example.
THIS. All we know right now is that's a tragedy. And while some news outlets (including German Spiegel Online) try to prove their anti-Islam credentials by claiming that Boston PD is "looking for arab-looking indivduals" (something I have not found on any US news outlet) we should not forget that both Tax Day and Patriot's Day, commemorating the first battle of the American Revolution, could be seen as significant by right-wing terror groups or individuals, as well. We just don't know yet who did it.

Last edited:
The absolutely worst thing that could be happening right now is speculation. Unfortunately this is what the news media loves to do and just looks for anything that could possibly be connected. I'd imagine if they could they'd blame it on monkeys.

The best thing to do is let people far wiser than me to do their jobs and wait for information to come through.

I had to spend the evening trying to get in touch with friends in Boston (thankfully all are ok) and the amount of random theories backed by "sources" didn't help matters.