Two bombs went off and the Boston Marathon finish

Have you even read the discussion on the last pages?

This is merely my opinion regardless of what the discuss was in the last couple of pages. By even acknowledging that this was done by any Islamic radical Jihadist group, the left will be quick to call you a racist or a bigot.

This is merely my opinion regardless of what the discuss was in the last couple of pages. By even acknowledging that this was done by any Islamic radical Jihadist group, the left will be quick to call you a racist or a bigot.
Posting an "opinion" like this in a way like this instead of taking part in a discussion is called "trolling".

Never the less: Right now we don't even know with which groups or persons the suspects were in contact.

Additionally, as has been pointed out on the last few pages (which you chose to ignore) the relationship between the Chechen independence movement (to which the suspect obviously seem to have a connection, if not by personal contact, then at least in the form of shared ideas) and radical islam is complicated and has more to do with political opportunity and local strategic alliances than with anything else.

The only way to make sense of your post is to define the two brothers alone as a "Islamic radical jihadist group", which makes no sense at all.

Additionally, even if one would do that, it would make the attack a hate crime, not a war crime. And even a war crime would have to be tried in front of a regular court of law. A military tribunal is only responsible for war crimes committed by members of the own armed forces.

Last edited:

What happens when it is kind of a blended attack with elements of both sides?

I hope that means someone's brain melts.

See his brain melted. Well that implies he has a brain. Something in there is smoking.

Of course the left-wing media is insisting that Tsarnaev was working alone and dismissing that they were funded by Muslim extremists and Jihadists. There is no reason why they shouldn't be tried as war criminals.
Yeah, that's true. The only people saying Breivik was acting alone is right wingers. Just right.. err, no. It was an act of terrorism in the United States. It is a federal (and probably also state) crime that is punishable by some considerable penalty, which is set by the sentencing authority of a civilian court.

To turn your argument around, there is literally NO reason why they should be tried as war criminals. I'm not even sure the Geneva convention is even applicable to domestic terrorism, but I suppose it might theoreticly be. From where did this idea of trying it as a 'war crime' or trying it in any other way than Timothy McVeigh was tried spring? Out of thing air?

It's not impossible he was funded or supported by a third party. But I haven't seen any evidence of it, neither have I seen any indication of it. I did read something about the sum total cost of the attack (in monetary terms, investment wise) was less than two people would have as a take home income in a month. That's hardly the scale of even McVeigh, and he was acting alone, wasn't he? Breiviks attacks were even more costly. And he acted alone.

Notice I'm not saying that because he's a left winger and I'm a left winger. He's a right wing nut job and a mass murderer. And he was tried in a perfectly normal court of law.

WHY do you want to make this arsehole something special? What on earth has compelled you to believe he should be afforded the special treatment you seem to want to give him?!

Who's doing that? Codswallop.

I will call it rather ignorant, though. And a little bit paranoid, perhaps.

Who's doing that? Codswallop.
I called biggie a racist for wanting to treat foreigners different from Americans before a court of law, which is, wait a minute, completely different from Wizeguy's scenario.

I don't really think it IS racism. It is a form of supremist nationalism. But the thinking behind it is similar.

Of course the left-wing media is insisting that Tsarnaev was working alone and dismissing that they were funded by Muslim extremists and Jihadists. There is no reason why they shouldn't be tried as war criminals.

There are a bunch of reasons why he shouldn't be tried as a war criminal. First, this was not related to any war(war on terror is not a real war despite the name).

What about this one: If he's tried as a war criminal, he can't be sent to Gitmo, and the penalties are exactly the same as if he's tried for either murder or terrorism.

The US law on war crimes were, by the way, introduced in order to be able to prosecute North Vietnamese war criminals. Not that that matters in the slightest.

Yes indeed. But there's a difference between speculating from the facts available, and just imagining facts not in evidence and speculating further from that.

Imitation?

The article says the Mounties' investigation into this started five months ago. The Boston bombing was only two and a half months ago.

Imitation?

The article says the Mounties' investigation into this started five months ago. The Boston bombing was only two and a half months ago.
I was referring to the method in which the would-be murderers/terrorists chose and built their bomb. Regardless of "which came first", we all know which one *happened* first. Who's to say these two weren't planning a different method until they saw the devastating effects from Boston?

No they're not new, but they weren't exactly commonplace in the west until recent events.

And yes, one event (plus one thwarted one) does not make it common, or even a trend, but it still is unsettling to know that these sort of bombs may become used more frequently.

[video=youtube;-Ux3-a9RE1Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ux3-a9RE1Q[/video]

The same picture was used on at least one newspaper cover.

Yep, this is modern-day Liberal America for you - emotions over facts and logic. We just have to feel oh, so sorry for everyone.
You do realise that the exact same thing can be said for "Conservative America", whatever (I hate those labels) that might be?