• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Two S2000s and an Evo

WebHex

Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2004
Messages
13
The weather was extra nice this past weekend so me and a few friends decided to get together for a drive. Turned out to be an impromptu mini photo shoot. Was kind of funny having my black car chased by two white ones through the twisties. Hope you guys like the pictures. 8)



















 
thanks for sharing those, look great!
 
Nice car! I like the S2000 a lot, in fact I was very dissapointed to find that it's not for me at all when I sat in one at the autoshow, I hate the driving position and the interior which feels too cramped even with the top down, and it's not cause I'm tall or big..

The MazdaSpeed Miata felt a LOT better, even if it's just as small if not smaller, weird. :?

And the dash looks better in videos, it looked like a toy IRL :(
 
Renesis said:
Nice car! I like the S2000 a lot, in fact I was very dissapointed to find that it's not for me at all when I sat in one at the autoshow, I hate the driving position and the interior which feels too cramped even with the top down, and it's not cause I'm tall or big..

The MazdaSpeed Miata felt a LOT better, even if it's just as small if not smaller, weird. :?

And the dash looks better in videos, it looked like a toy IRL :(

Renesis,

Strange you should mention the space in the s2000. Most people I've talked to find the s2000 just right. Snug, but not usually cramped. Actually, I would think that it is much more spacious than a miata. It is a slightly larger car. I have to admit though, that I hate how the steering wheel position isn't adjustable. It's not too bad but for me it would be perfect if I could get it just a little higher.
 
SiR_dude said:
^ An S2k doesn't have adjustable steering!? :? Wierd...even my car does. Oh well. I still want one :lol:

Yup, wheel is stuck in one place. It's pretty good for most people, me included. But a little adjustability would make it perfect. :mrgreen:
 
SiR_dude said:
^ An S2k doesn't have adjustable steering!? :? Wierd...even my car does. Oh well. I still want one :lol:

yeah, my wife's mini van has it too :roll: I'd still rather have asn s2000
 
Not interested in anything with VTEC. Not enough torque low down and I don't like the noise they make. Good cars though, I'd rather have an evo though.
 
Raven18940 said:
Not interested in anything with VTEC. Not enough torque low down and I don't like the noise they make. Good cars though, I'd rather have an evo though.

:shock: :shock: I can understand your gripes about the torque, but the noise!?!? Perhaps you are only familiar with the fart-can exhaust sound...I LOVE the sound my engine makes when it hits that VTEC cam!!!!
 
SiR_dude said:
Raven18940 said:
Not interested in anything with VTEC. Not enough torque low down and I don't like the noise they make. Good cars though, I'd rather have an evo though.

:shock: :shock: I can understand your gripes about the torque, but the noise!?!? Perhaps you are only familiar with the fart-can exhaust sound...I LOVE the sound my engine makes when it hits that VTEC cam!!!!

The B16A makes such a beautiful noise. I even prefer it to the S2000's F20C, on that aspect.
But the S2000's wheel should be higher, or adjustable.
Or even better, the seat should be lower.
 
w00t EVO pics, and the S2000, I love em both.
 
SiR_dude said:
:shock: :shock: I can understand your gripes about the torque, but the noise!?!? Perhaps you are only familiar with the fart-can exhaust sound...I LOVE the sound my engine makes when it hits that VTEC cam!!!!
I think hondas sound like angry weed whackers, guess I'm just not honda guy. Unlike most honda haters I do respect their performance, even if I don't like it.

Here's a proper exhaust note though my mic sucks so you hafta turn up the volume.

https://home.comcast.net/~gedavids/Saabexhaust.mp3
 
Sir_dude said:
I can understand your gripes about the torque, but the noise!?!? Perhaps you are only familiar with the fart-can exhaust sound...I LOVE the sound my engine makes when it hits that VTEC cam!!!!

who doesn't.... the engine makes an amazing sound once you get above 5k... from then one, everyone will continue revving and hearing the sound till it hits the redline :thumbsup: , and with the S2k, you get to enjoy 4000RPM of that sound :woot:
 
andyhui01 said:
Sir_dude said:
I can understand your gripes about the torque, but the noise!?!? Perhaps you are only familiar with the fart-can exhaust sound...I LOVE the sound my engine makes when it hits that VTEC cam!!!!

who doesn't.... the engine makes an amazing sound once you get above 5k... from then one, everyone will continue revving and hearing the sound till it hits the redline :thumbsup: , and with the S2k, you get to enjoy 4000RPM of that sound :woot:

In fact, in the S2000 it only starts at 6000, so it's less than 4000. But you can pass 9000, so it's not that less. In the B16A VTEC change occurs at around 5500, and stops at the rev-limiter at 8500.
 
WebHex said:
Renesis said:
Nice car! I like the S2000 a lot, in fact I was very dissapointed to find that it's not for me at all when I sat in one at the autoshow, I hate the driving position and the interior which feels too cramped even with the top down, and it's not cause I'm tall or big..

The MazdaSpeed Miata felt a LOT better, even if it's just as small if not smaller, weird. :?

And the dash looks better in videos, it looked like a toy IRL :(

Renesis,

Strange you should mention the space in the s2000. Most people I've talked to find the s2000 just right. Snug, but not usually cramped. Actually, I would think that it is much more spacious than a miata. It is a slightly larger car. I have to admit though, that I hate how the steering wheel position isn't adjustable. It's not too bad but for me it would be perfect if I could get it just a little higher.

I mean, maybe not cramped but I'm only 5'8" and 135lbs, and I felt like everything was too close to me, the dash... I was seating too low to be confortable, I hate high beltline cars they don't give me confidence, and I'm a bit claustrophobic and with the top up, it would've been quite small, not in a claustrophobic way, but well just too small..
 
Renesis said:
WebHex said:
Renesis said:
Nice car! I like the S2000 a lot, in fact I was very dissapointed to find that it's not for me at all when I sat in one at the autoshow, I hate the driving position and the interior which feels too cramped even with the top down, and it's not cause I'm tall or big..

The MazdaSpeed Miata felt a LOT better, even if it's just as small if not smaller, weird. :?

And the dash looks better in videos, it looked like a toy IRL :(

Renesis,

Strange you should mention the space in the s2000. Most people I've talked to find the s2000 just right. Snug, but not usually cramped. Actually, I would think that it is much more spacious than a miata. It is a slightly larger car. I have to admit though, that I hate how the steering wheel position isn't adjustable. It's not too bad but for me it would be perfect if I could get it just a little higher.

I mean, maybe not cramped but I'm only 5'8" and 135lbs, and I felt like everything was too close to me, the dash... I was seating too low to be confortable, I hate high beltline cars they don't give me confidence, and I'm a bit claustrophobic and with the top up, it would've been quite small, not in a claustrophobic way, but well just too small..

I don't think it's small. It's a car you wear, that focus only on the driver.

BTW, have you ever sitted in the back seat of an RX8?
 
I'm 6'2" and I felt right at home in an S2000. I love that if you're standing on the sidewalk, you have to step down off the curb into it. A sports car should fit snug.
 
Top