• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Tyre-wear

Jostyrostelli

Forum Addict
Okey I've made some preperations for next weeks race.

But I have the 100deg tyres, and they already smoke at 73/73 degrees.

What does that say? And after 3/4 laps it's already 100 degrees and I spin in the corners.

Who else has this tyre-wear problem and knows the answer?

Oh it's the FZ50 GTR.

jos i think that particular place it has to do something with that track, its quite bumpy at the chicane and few other places, and for some reason that i dont understand myself the front right tyre keeps blowing. after 3 laps i had it once punctured, even though temp was still low, outside was blue, but inside was black...

i dont think its cos of tire wear, cos when u do a burnout e.g., you get green outside, red outside, green inside, and bang. but here everything is low, tire still cold and it just explodes :dunno:

lol... I never had problems with tire wear... most of the time is just due to my stupidity in RWD cars and I do a big burnout... but in the FXO which is 4wd, I get minimal oversteer which saves tire wear... but I've never raced the FXO for more than 10laps, I have to do some testing to see how long my tires will last and plan my pit strategy

Don't lock your brakes, flatspots cause punctures especially when tyres are worn.

^^ That one is quite funny to drive...

Buba

The FZ50 GTR locks it's inside front wheel easier than the other GT cars (because of the weight distribution), and that is why you're popping the fronts so quickly.

The 100 degree tyres aren't smoking at 73 because of overheating, the flatspots tend to make little puffs of smoke in LFS as the tyre spins (it actually wears rounder and stops doing it too).

Love the FZ50 GTR, much more fun than the XR (snoooore).

UF GTR (180hp mini) is brilliant too, reminds me a lot of my car. Just wish it had some more dire oversteer. :)

Cubits said:
The FZ50 GTR locks it's inside front wheel easier than the other GT cars (because of the weight distribution), and that is why you're popping the fronts so quickly.

The 100 degree tyres aren't smoking at 73 because of overheating, the flatspots tend to make little puffs of smoke in LFS as the tyre spins (it actually wears rounder and stops doing it too).

Love the FZ50 GTR, much more fun than the XR (snoooore).

UF GTR (180hp mini) is brilliant too, reminds me a lot of my car. Just wish it had some more dire oversteer. :)

I didn't know you played LFS, will you be there next saturday?