• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

U.S. Supreme Court rules against file swapping

jeffy777

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'04 Toyota Sienna, crippled people like vans....
"The Supreme Court handed movie studios and record labels a sweeping victory against file-swapping, ruling Monday that peer-to-peer companies such as Grokster could be held responsible for the copyright piracy on their networks."

Full article:
http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-5764135.html?tag=nl.e589

Crap, more reason to stop filesharing. I liked the old days a couple years back, was able to download/upload for days on end. No more of that. :(

remember.... this is only america. not the international world law.

theblue said:

precisely ;)

well... they will start pushing countries like mine to make similar laws.. or they will starve us to death. :evil:

theblue said:

For now, will only be a matter of time before other countries do the same thing

^^^ probably right. Haven't they made worldwide copyright laws yet?

screw them :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: im going to dl and share more files in protest.

fareway said it perfect...
fareway said:
Rich people suck :thumbsdown:
its the rich ass bitches that lose out on this and the only reason the government is stoping this is because they dont want tp upset the upper class. i dont know about you guys but i cant afford to buy every cd that has a song i like on it. :thumbsdown:

fareway said:
theblue said:
Well Canada as already ruled against record labels on the subject and in favor of file sharing. So, to quote Homer Simpson, the U.S. Government ...
can kiss my yellow hairy ass

*sigh* this rich people rule stuff pisses me off. The rich are rich, and they don't need to be richer. But the people in power believe they do. What a world we live in ehh? :(

I dont quite see it like that.

Things have come a long way. Napster is very very affordable as oppose to Apples .99cents a song and even that is sorta reasonable.

You are no longer forced to buy an entire cd just to get the one single or 2-3 good songs on a crappy album.

I just think that some shows arent made into dvds and thats where this sucks. As for music I think that there are ways to get music without illegally d/l it and not denting your wallet.

Shows *cough cough a certain show in the UK cough* that are broadcast in some countries like shows in america that arent shown elsewhere or available on dvds are the reason why most still d/l illegally IMO. I think if they made them available we'd see less hostility to the "rich elite moguls" but then again there are ppl who just like to get things for free.

Roman said:
fareway said:
theblue said:
Well Canada as already ruled against record labels on the subject and in favor of file sharing. So, to quote Homer Simpson, the U.S. Government ...
can kiss my yellow hairy ass

Yep, once again fuck USA! :p

I have to agree with Justin's views on this one :)

*waits for stones* :ph34r:

You'll get no stones from me as I get your point, I don't download movies, and I buy my PC games, I only downloaded a few, and they were bad ones I just wanted to try out.

But as for music, I'm just not used to paying for it anymore...

Since I have money now, I do buy Music CDs instead of downloading them. And I have stopped downloading movies all together now. Its just a few things here and there that I want.