Uber Disabled Volvo SUV's Safety System Before Fatality

jack_christie

Forum Addict
Of course they disabled the base car technologies. What they were building was supposed to be far more sophisticated, and you don't want the two systems countering each other, or causing false readings. It still does not explain why Uber's driving system failed to see that woman. Waymo has come out and said their system would have seen that woman and stopped.

And my self driving car can also blow you while driving! Waymo's statement is pure unadulterated bull shit, unless they were driving next to that Uber can they can't make that claim at all.

What I wanna know is who the fuck cares? Out of literally millions of miles this is the first time a fatal accident with a pedestrian (that wasn't even supposed to be there in the first place) happened. Human drivers have a way worse track record.

He can look at the video and compare it to how they have tested their system.

While the rate of miles driven compared to humans is quite a lot better, it still should not have happened with what the cars should be capable of doing. That is part of the reason why they are being developed.

Nope. He knows what he expects to happen but not what actually will happen if software always behaved as expected I would be out of a job.