UCL 2012/13 Thread - UEFA Champions League

Oh how much I enjoyed todays results. Borussia Dortmund beating Real Madrid and deserved the win. City with one point after 3 games is just hillarious:D Also Arsenal losing also gives me some pleasure:D

Wednesday 24th October 2012

Din Zagreb 0-2 Paris SG
FC Porto 3-2 Dynamo Kiev
Arsenal 0-2 Schalke 04
Montpellier 1-2 Olympiakos

Malaga 1-0 AC Milan
Zenit St P'sbg 1-0 Anderlecht
Ajax 3-1 Man City
Borussia Dortmund 2-1 Real Madrid

Oh dear! Gunners loose at home and deserved to do so, by the reports. They will probably still go through the group stage in second place now, but it is not a good performance to setup for the knock-out rounds.

Seems like Man City have a lot to learn about playing in the UCL, looks like they are pretty much out with only one point from nine. (Only Barca & Man U still have 100% record at present and neither of them are playing that well. :rolleyes:)
(EDIT: FC Porto are 100% wins, as well)
(EDIT2: .. and Magala too. :rolleyes: )

:)

Last edited:
(Only Barca & Man U still have 100% record at present and neither of them are playing that well. :rolleyes:)

:)

100% win record?
FC Porto, also.

Awesome results last night. Dortmund were great, Real Madrid really struggled, and I think it was a deserved win.

And yay, Danish midfield in Ajax doing good :D all three midfield starters were Danish, Christian Eriksen, Christian Poulsen and Lasse Sch?ne. Eriksen being the most prominent, with an assist and a goal :) and a Motm tag from many sources!
We don't have a lot to be proud of, footballing wise here in Denmark, but this is definitely one of them :)

Ajax played amazing last night. I was really impressed with the midfield. Some of the best play I've seen in years.

Tuesday 20th November 2012

Juventus 3-0 Chelsea
Nordsjaelland 2-5 Shakhtar Donetsk
Valencia 1-1 Bayern Munich
BATE Borisov 0-2 Lille

Benfica 2-1 Celtic
Spartak Moscow 0-3 Barcelona
CFR Cluj-Napoca 3-1 Braga
Galatasaray 1-0 Man Utd

Chelsea were poor defensively and I hadn't realised that the first goal was a deflection. (I couldn't see why Czech hadn't saved it.) Juve looked the better side and wanted to win and played well.

Equalising goal for Shakhtar, hmmm? - that's the first time I have seen that happen. (Ref still awarded the goal.) They won convincingly in the end, so maybe it doesn't matter anyway.

Man U had left Rooney & RvP at home apparently, they have already qualified so maybe Alex knows what he's doing in the UCL. They maybe could have sneaked a draw, but Galatasaray probably deserved the win.

:smile:

I dunno if better, but many people said "a goal like Ibrahimovic's only happens once a decade", now 2 similar ones happened so close to each other... Amazing, both of them.

Wednesday 21st November 2012

Dynamo Kiev 0-2 Paris SG
FC Porto 3-0 Din Zagreb
Arsenal 2-0 Montpellier
Schalke 04 1-0 Olympiakos

Anderlecht 1-3 AC Milan
Zenit St P'sbg 2-2 Malaga
Ajax 1-4 Borussia Dortmund
Man City 1-1 Real Madrid

Didn't see the highlights but Arsenal have now qualified. Chelsea probably won't as Juve are two points ahead and have a better GD. Man C flunk again in the group stage, bring back Liverpool, I say! :lol:

(.. and 1967 winners Celtic of Scotland may also just sneak into the knockout phase as well.)

Tuesday 4th December 2012

Din Zagreb 1-1 Dynamo Kiev
Paris SG 2-1 FC Porto

Montpellier 1-1 Schalke 04
Olympiakos 2-1 Arsenal

AC Milan 0-1 Zenit St P'sbg
Malaga 2-2 Anderlecht

Borussia Dortmund 1-0 Man City
Real Madrid 4-1 Ajax

Qualifiers 1st & 2nd

PSG & Porto Group A
Shalke & Arsenal Group B

Malaga & AC Milan Group C
Dortmund & Real Madrid Group D

Do Montpellier play in that normal home strip, it's ghastly?
Congrats to both Kiev & Zagreb for playing LOLball in the snowstorm and well done to Zagreb for getting their first point and goal. :thumbup:
Ibrahimovic missed a couple of sitters tonight, but PSG won anyway and are group winners.

.. and bye, bye Man City. :wave:

Not only unbeaten, but as superior leader through the group of champions... yeah! :)

Wednesday 5th December 2012

Chelsea 6-1 Nordsjaelland
Shakhtar Donetsk 0-1 Juventus

Bayern Munich 4-1 BATE Borisov
Lille 0-1 Valencia

Barcelona 0-0 Benfica
Celtic 2-1 Spartak Moscow

Braga 1-2 Galatasaray
Man Utd 0-1 CFR Cluj-Napoca

Qualifyers 1st & 2nd

Juve & Shaktar Group E
Bayern & Valencia Group F
Barca & Celtic (Glasgow) Group G
ManU & Galatasaray Group H

Current UCL holders Chelsea are out, despite ending the group stage with ten points, the same as Shaktar Donetsk and with a better GD. I think this is who won the head-to-head games rule.

And 1967 winners Glasgow Celtic from Scotland have qualified, well done to them and all the other qualifiers. :cool:

Wiki said:
The draw for the Round of 16 will be held on 20 December 2012. The first legs will be played on 12, 13, 19 and 20 February, and the second legs will be played on 5, 6, 12 and 13 March 2013.

Some really big matches there, Milan - Bar?a, Real Madrid - United, Arsenal - Bayern...

Some really big matches there, Milan - Bar?a, Real Madrid - United, Arsenal - Bayern...

Wow, that's bad luck for Arsenal, I guess. :?

Real vs ManU, that'll be a cracker.

Still, better than being Man City who aren't even in it now. :lol:

Arsenal drawing Bayern is not an easy matchup lol... people keep saying that it is a trap game for Bayern, but I don't see how. Bayern is hungry to FINALLY win the UCL this year, and they built the squad to do it.