UCL 2012/13 Thread - UEFA Champions League

Well he will be proudly lifting the amazingly competitive Spanish cup, while losing the league by (what people last year were gloating for 9 points) a MASSIVE margin.

Well he will be proudly lifting the amazingly competitive Spanish cup, while losing the league by (what people last year were gloating for 9 points) a MASSIVE margin.

Should be enough to win him the Ballon d'Or :D

Wednesday 13th March 2013

Bayern Munich 0-2 Arsenal
(agg 3-3)
Bayern Munich win on away goals rule

Malaga 2-0 FC Porto
(agg 2-1)

Well done to Bayern & Malaga for making the QFs. :cool:
Comiserations to the Gunnners, great away win but not enough this year. :sad:

Those were all close games! Funny how Bayern and Arsenal both lost their home game, and Malaga was a bit lucky against Porto there, but such is football.

That's the second year in a row that Arsenal makes an almost-comeback. Maybe they should just pull themselves together for the first leg? :p

Didn't get to see it yesterday, but I'm glad Dortmund went through :) All respect to Malaga for doing so well, but I just think Dortmund stands a better chance against the other remaining teams.

So, the semi finalists are the ones expected. And I now predict R?al v Bar?a and Bayern v Borussia in the semi finals.

UEFA Champions League - Quarter-Final
Tuesday 9th April 2013

Bor Dortmund 3-2 Malaga
(agg 3-2)

Galatasaray 3-2 Real Madrid
(agg 3-5)

Wednesday 10th April 2013

Barcelona 1-1 Paris SG
(agg 3-3)
Barcelona win on away goals rule

Juventus 0-2 Bayern Munich
(agg 0-4)

I am appropriately drunk right now. Thank the Gods for auto-correct...

So, the semi finalists are the ones expected. And I now predict R?al v Bar?a and Bayern v Borussia in the semi finals.

How was the hangover today? :p

Semifinals:

Bayern M?nchen - FC Barcelona

Borussia Dortmund - Real Madrid

That will be interesting, and potentially a all-spanish or all-german final in Wembley :D

Wow. That is what I wished for (for the same reason as Uli Hoeness wished for BVB v Bayern: R?al seems to me to be the easiest to win against). It would be perfect if the first leg was in Madrid, but hey, you can't have everything.
But it has to be said: I don't consider R?al to be easy to beat, just easier than the other two.

There wasn't really such a thing as an easy draw for Dortmund :) I have all kinds of respect for them, but they're just a step below the other three currently.

In any case, I'm quite nervous about Barcelonas chances against Bayern, Bayern have been very impressive.. Barcelona haven't really, at least not at all consistently.

Looking at this years CL-matches of Barca, I consider them being the "easier" ones to beat out of the two spanish teams. But we'll see what happens when they unleash the Messi :p

Can get messy with Messi, but first he has to play. Any news about his injury?

Last I read, it hadn't gotten worse after playing the last leg against PSG, so he is on track to be fit for the semifinals.