UCL 2013/14 - Champions League Thread

DanRoM

Forum Addict
Car(s)
MX-5 ND, CBF1000 & two bikes
I meant ever, not only this season. Real's track record for matches on German soil is that bad, apparently (heard several times from commentators during the Sky or ZDF broadcasts). I think that is remarkable, given Real's decades-long high quality.

And yeah, Borussia did at least beat them - but it was not enough, sadly. They also beat Bayern a few weeks ago, when it didn't matter anymore... well, that's not quite true, beating Bayern always matters. :D

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
DONOR
Car(s)
1979 Opel Kadett | 1972 Ford Country Sedan
They also beat Bayern a few weeks ago, when it didn't matter anymore... well, that's not quite true, beating Bayern always matters. :D
I just hope they beat Bayern again on May 17th.

Buktu

Car(s)
Suzuki Swift 1.3 2006
If Mourinho loses in the final against Real Madrid.. Ouch.

Heathrow

Yes, as in the airport.
Car(s)
1995 BMW 325i SE
Wednesday 30th April 2014
UEFA Champions League - Semi-Finals
- 2nd leg

Chelsea 1-3 Atl?tico Madrid
(agg 1-3)

An all Madrid final, I just had a feeling that may happen.
Bummer for the Chelsea fans, though. Still, maybe Roman will buy a striker or two, who can score goals now.

:smile:

DanRoM

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Last year, a final with two teams from the same country, now one with two teams from the same city. What's next? :D

Heathrow

Yes, as in the airport.
Car(s)
1995 BMW 325i SE
.. just a reminder:

Date: 24 May 2014

Venue : Est?dio da Luz, Lisbon

19:45 UK time

:cool:

Buktu

Car(s)
Suzuki Swift 1.3 2006
Come on Atletico! That'd be a pretty fantastic double for them, if they manage to pull it off :)

AiR

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Bulgogi Knedliky 1.6 GDI (Hyundai i30)
Agreed! Come on Atletico, beat the whites!

TobiasG

Car(s)
116 GTV, 916 GTV, 952 Giulia
2 mins away from doing that. Then it all ended in tears.
Proper CL final this:)

DanRoM

Forum Addict
Car(s)
That was a good match. Too bad Real managed to turn the tides that late. :( But well, Athletico was out of juice after minute 70 or so, therefore it was foreseeable. That said, 4-1 was definitely too high.

What I really liked was the level of fan support. :) I guess that's to be expected when you have an inner-city duel in a European final. Lucky that it was only 6 hours away from Madrid, too (it would have been even more awesome to have that pairing in Barcelona, though :D ).

Heathrow

Yes, as in the airport.
Car(s)
1995 BMW 325i SE
Saturday 24th May 2014
UEFA Champions League - Finals

Real Madrid 4-1 Atl?tico Madrid

A very dramatic match, if perhaps not not that great technically.
The scoreline for the history books, was too flattering to Real, as the actual game was much closer.

I do feel some sympathy for Atl?tico to get THAT close to winning their first UCL title, but pleased for Real for achieving the landmark tenth title.

A surprising rick from Casillas lead to the opener for Atl?tico and it was very tense for Real for a loooooong time. I really liked the Ramos goal, very good header but a small defensive mistake by Atl?tico, who otherwise played well at the back. Nice finish by Bale, I wonder if Real now believe that he was money well spent? :think:

The second goal by Bale pretty much won the game, with the next goals just being for a bonus.

Well done to Real (again). :cool:

mclarensmps

Car(s)
'11 KIA Forte Coupe
That was actually a great game to watch. I really enjoyed it. I do feel for Simeone. I am not sure what happened in the incident that brought him onto the pitch, it seemed like he was provoked during a goal celebration or something?

I also feel like the scoreline doesn't accurately reflect how close this game actually was. Great game. Congrats to Real Madrid (begrudgingly :)) for the 10th.