Group G
Atl Madrid V Zenit St P'sbg
Aust Vienna V Porto

Group H
AC Milan V Celtic
Barcelona V Ajax

It's back! :dance:

First games start next week. More here from wiki. UCL Group Stage - Fixtures

Man C are in a tough group, but the other EPL teams may be happier with the draw.

:smile:

Holy crap, there's Champions League next week?! Awesome :D

Napoli- Dortmund on Wednesday could be a seriously good game.

.. that's why I started it, to remind peeps.

Alasondro prompted me in the Football Thread, after the International results.

Tuesday 17th September 2013

Man Utd 4-2 B Leverkusen
Real Sociedad 0-2 Shakh'r Donetsk

FC Copenhagen 1-1 Juventus
Galatasaray 1-6 Real Madrid

Benfica 2-0 Anderlecht
Olympiakos 1-4 Paris SG

Bayern Munich 3-0 CSKA Moscow
Plzen 0-3 Man City

Shitty results. I hope the Wednesday matches give us something better/more likable.

Very impressive peformance & away win, by Real who battered Galatasaray with Ronaldo scoring a hat-trick. Noisey / Hostile crowd that away fans and probably players don't like so much. Bale did get on as a sub and got involved.

Good away wins by PSG, Shaktar and Man C, the latter actually looked like a team that cost ?200m. Plzen looked a bit overawed.

Bayern looked very comfortable winning against CSKA, while Juve struggled with a draw at Copenhagen. (Good enough result, though.)

The result at Man U was about right, but Leverkusen played well in patches, and couldn't really cope with RvP and Rooney who were very sharpe (mostlty). Man U were OK, but the defence and GK need a look at the video, I reckon.

Barca, Chelsea and Arsenal, etc on Wednesday, should be good. :smile:

Fucking shit. I've rarely seen so much go so wrong for a team as Dortmund experienced in the last 15 minutes of the first half in Naples. I hope this doesn't turn into a full-scale debacle.

Barcelona mostly on cruisecontrol, and of course Messi had to match Ronaldos hattrick from last night.. :)

Dortmund manager seem a bit upset
iOfqC2Ibg5sze.gif

Wednesday 18th September 2013

Chelsea 1-2 FC Basel
Schalke 04 3-0 Steaua Buch't

Marseille 1-2 Arsenal
Napoli 2-1 Bor Dortmund

Atl Madrid 3-1 Zenit St P'sbg
Aust Vienna 0-1 Porto

AC Milan 2-0 Celtic
Barcelona 4-0 Ajax

A nice result and start for Arsenal.
..and Chelsea. Oooops! (1 to zero ahead with 20min to go, not very good.)

Barcelona mostly on cruisecontrol, and of course Messi had to match Ronaldos hattrick from last night.. :)

Maybe something in what you say there. :lol:

Also, condolences Dan. :comfort:

The next match will be better!

Also, condolences Dan. :comfort:

The next match will be better!
Thanks, and I hope so too. There's still something to make up for against Marseille, if I recall correctly.

And Kloppo needs to learn to restrain himself. He had good reason to be upset, but godsdamnit, it doesn't help to bite the official's head off. Weidenfeller's sendoff wasn't exactly brillant neither. Of course he had to go for that ball, but his goalkeeper reflexes were not helping there...
My main hope is now that Hummels' injury doesn't turn out too bad.

I'm going to paint myself in a corner here and say I really appreciate what Rafa did with the team last season. He had a group of players he did not choose, so just looked on how to use them most effectively. He played his best backs, rotated out his effective midfield, and tried to get his useless strikers to score occasionally. Good things happened.

Mourinho only needed to stay with the winning formula, sign an effective striker (and no, I am NOT talking about Mr. Potatohead) and get on with it. Any new players would have to earn their way on to the pitch. The Mata, Oscar, Hazard triumphant would have put Basle to bed and we would be is better position in both the EPL and CL. Now we are, as JC said, just shit.

Tuesday 1st October 2013

UEFA Champions League - Group E

Basel 0-1 FC Schalke 04
Steaua Bucharest 0-4 Chelsea

UEFA Champions League - Group F

Arsenal 2-0 Napoli
Borussia Dortmund 3-0 Marseille

UEFA Champions League - Group G

Zenit St Petersburg 0-0 FK Austria Wien
FC Porto 1-2 Atl?tico de Madrid

UEFA Champions League - Group H

Ajax 1-1 Milan
Celtic 0-1 Barcelona

Barca did enough to win and Celtic defended well enough, despite having the captain sent off on the hour mark. Samaras played up front for celtic the same way he always plays when I see him. (i.e. not very effectively.) The real star was the home crowd who were very noisey in a great atmosphere, especially when the Ref red carded their skipper. :lol:

.. more after the highlights....

Barcelona did play som good football, though they were lacking a bit of efficiency. Both Sanchez and Neymar should have scored one each, but that Celtic goalie (Forster?) is pretty damn good.

You can see what Messi brings to the team, I don't think Celtic could've held out for that long if he had been ready.

^
Yeah, Forster did make several good stops to keep the score down to just 1 -0. The sending off was the Celtic captain being stupid, very near the Ref and not just for the original challenge.

Arsenal looked very confident and slick, with a very good opening goal from ?zil and a second goal later a very good move then finish from Giroud. Great midfield performance from the Gunners, but Napoli didn't really cause Arsenal's (sometimes wobbly) defence too much trouble. Good to see Rafa working again, btw.

Chelsea needed a very good performance and win, after the loss to Bassel last time.
They were excellent tonight against Steaua Bucharest and played some very watchable football.
Sch?rrle got a game and did well with an assist, plus Eto'o came on, after Torres got injured, and got an assist on the o.g. LOL

I hope Jose was pleased, he should be the way Chelsea played.

Wednesday 2nd October 2013

UEFA Champions League - Group A

Bayer 04 Leverkusen 2-1 Real Sociedad
Shakhtar Donetsk 1-1 Man Utd

UEFA Champions League - Group B

Juventus 2-2 Galatasaray
Real Madrid 4-0 FC Copenhagen

UEFA Champions League - Group C

Paris Saint Germain 3-0 Benfica
RSC Anderlecht 0-3 Olympiakos

UEFA Champions League - Group D

CSKA Moscow 3-2 Viktoria Plzen
Man City 1-3 Bayern Munich

Tuesday 22nd October 2013

UEFA Champions League - Group E

FC Schalke 04 0-3 Chelsea
Steaua Bucharest 1-1 Basel

UEFA Champions League - Group F

Arsenal 1-2 Borussia Dortmund
Marseille 1-2 Napoli

UEFA Champions League - Group G

FC Porto 0-1 Zenit St Petersburg
FK Austria Vienna 0-3 Atl?tico Madrid

UEFA Champions League - Group H

Celtic 2-1 Ajax
Milan 1-1 Barcelona

After Torres opening the scoring, Schalke were trying to make a game of it, but got caught by two good Chelsea counter attacks. Hence the scoreline looks a bit bad, but Chelsea or Murinho had a good game plan.

Dortmund did a similar job on Arsenal, whose defence was generous as usual.
A fair looking result and a good game at Milan, with Barca not quite at their best. (Messi got a goal for a change. :lol:)

Atl?tico nine points after three games, looking good so far.

EDIT:

Wednesday 23rd October 2013

UEFA Champions League - Group A

Bayer 04 Leverkusen 4-0 Shakhtar Donetsk
Man Utd 1-0 Real Sociedad

UEFA Champions League - Group B

Galatasaray 3-1 FC Copenhagen
Real Madrid 2-1 Juventus

UEFA Champions League - Group C

Benfica 1-1 Olympiakos
RSC Anderlecht 0-5 Paris Saint Germain

UEFA Champions League - Group D

CSKA Moscow 1-2 Man City
Bayern Munich 5-0 Viktoria Plzen

Man C win an away UCL game and without Kompany playing!

And Ibrahimovic scored four for PSG, which was pretty good. Good player, but he is not as good as he thinks he is or as a player like Messi actually is.

Last edited: