Man City v Barcelona
Olympiakos v Manchester United
Milan v Atletico Madrid
Bayer Leverkusen v Paris St Germain
Galatasaray v Chelsea
Schalke v Real Madrid
Zenit St Petersburg v Borussia Dortmund
Arsenal v Bayern Munich

ManU lucky as usual. Arsenal paying the price for not giving a damn against Napoli.

City-Barca is a 50:50 as I see it.

Galatasaray v Chelsea

Yeah...got pretty lucky on that.

Full second-round draw:

Man City v Barcelona
Olympiakos v Manchester United
Milan v Atletico Madrid
Bayer Leverkusen v Paris St Germain
Galatasaray v Chelsea
Schalke v Real Madrid
Zenit St Petersburg v Borussia Dortmund
Arsenal v Bayern Munich

ManU lucky as usual. Arsenal paying the price for not giving a damn against Napoli.

City-Barca is a 50:50 as I see it.

Yeah, City vs Barca could be a close one, but what Barca won't do is play an open game, like Arsenal did at the weekend. The second leg is in Catalunya, so that gives Barca the edge, I reckon. Also, in the Group stage, Pellegrini made the mistake about goals scored, he only needed one more to top the group he realised after and said he wished he'd brought Aguero on a sub earlier. He was thinking about GD. Oooops! (I thought it was GD too.)

I think the Bayern Munich coaches will be watching the video of the battering of Arsenal by City. Bayern also get the second leg, so it will be difficult for the Gunners.

The Man U draw does look good for them and maybe they will have their shit together by then, as they usually do early in the new year.

Galatasaray v Chelsea

Yeah...got pretty lucky on that.

Hostile crowd in Turkey and a bad history with visiting English fans.
Chelsea should be OK and Murinho is smart & may know who is best team is by then.

:smile:

On my little MacBook Air, and some shitty ITV-stream, I can't really tell whether City are playing Demichelis or Cavani in their defense.

Tuesday 18th February 2014
UEFA Champions League - Champ Lg Round of 16

Bayer 04 Leverkusen 0-4 Paris Saint Germain
Man City 0-2 Barcelona

They were playing Demichelis...

Yup, for about 57 minutes. :p
After that, they tried to just hold on to one down. Dani Alves played well as did David Silva. Even with Ageuro back for the next match, I don't see how Man C will progress, but you never know.

What the hell are Leverkusen doing?

I didn't see the highlights of the Leverkusen v PSV game yet, but inital thoughts from the score would be "not very well."

Looked like a team without much confidence, Sami Hyppia seems like a worried man too. Ibrahimovic had a good game with a great second goal.

Last edited:
Great result for Barcelona, was very worried before the match (and at some points during!), but they did well :) Terrible decision from Demichelis to take Messi down, the match ended for them right there.

It's not impossible for City to get a good result at Camp Nou, but it's going to be very, very difficult for them.

Looking forward to tonights matches, especially Bayern - Arsenal :D

Weird decision by Wenger playing that Sanogo fella up front from start against Bayern. Like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

- - - Updated - - -

?zil and Alaba as penalty takers despite them being amongst the nerviest looking players on the pitch tonight. You could smell a miss coming up in both ends from miles away.

EDIT: Some interesting stats from midway through 2nd half: "Arsenal have completed just 17 passes in the second half. Bayern Munich have completed 328." Though not completely surprising of course, considering the circumstances.

Last edited:
Wednesday 19th February 2014
UEFA Champions League - Round of 16

Arsenal 0-2 Bayern Munich
Milan 0-1 Atl?tico Madrid

article-2567779-1BD5366D00000578-109_964x329.jpg

Tuesday 25th February 2014

Zenit St Petersburg 2-4 Borussia Dortmund
Olympiakos 2-0 Man Utd

Olympiakos played well enough and deserved to win, but weren't that great. They really fancied their chances and chased Man U all over, which was the correct tactic and it worked.

They got a bit lucky with the first goal deflection, but the second goal was good.

Man U, oh dear! David Moyes seemed very cheerful, but honest in the post-match interview
" .. we just were'nt good enough tonight."

A very nice away win for Dortmund tonight at Zenit in St. Petersburg, who did seem to be a bit sleepy still after their winter break. (As noted by Dan.)

The defence was very loose and genreous, an early goal quickly followed by one from Reus and two very nice goals by Lewandowski, have pretty much made the tie safe.
I didn't see why the pen was given to Zenit, looked like nothing to me. Hopefully, it won't matter anyway.

* snip Olympiakos & Man U pics *

Jose probably won't make the same mistake tomorrow in Turkey, he's too smart usually.

Last edited:
Wednesday 26th February 2014

FC Schalke 04 1-6 Real Madrid
Galatasaray 1-1 Chelsea

Satisfactory away result for Chelsea, a win would have been better, but a bonus! Torres scored, yay!

A brace apiece for Ronaldo, Bale & Benzema, didn't see the highlights yet, but Schalke are probably unlikely to make the next round.

A very nice away win for Dortmund tonight at Zenit in St. Petersburg, who did seem to be a bit sleepy still after their winter break. (As noted by Dan.)
Yay, I was right! :D

Nice relaxed match indeed. Zenit was even worse than I expected.

St. Petersburg didn't leave a good impression, though. Several Dortmund fans were assaulted by local hooligans, some ended up with broken noses and the like. Word is that as time progressed, the Dortmunders didn't dare to show their colours in town anymore. :(

Tuesday 11th March 2014
Atl?tico Madrid 4-1 Milan
(agg 5-1)

Bayern Munich 1-1 Arsenal
(agg 3-1)

So, not as big surprise at the outcomes for either game.

Arsenal did manage to stop Bayern from scoring for an hour, but not really much else.
The Champions just looked to good for Arsenal, even with a O/S goal, a saved penalty plus a slightly suspect push on Lahm for Podolski's goal.

Bayern is just a machine... though Robben is a fucking cunt.

With a 2-1 win for Bayern I'd have won 35 pounds tonight.. Doesn't get much closer than that.. :D

Bayern is just a machine... though Robben is a fucking cunt.

Well, Wenger had a moan about him at the press interview after, he shouldn't really have done that.

There probably was some play acting by Robben and maybe the Ref could have booked him for it, but the pens (in both games) looked good decisions.

Last edited: