UCLA (university of california, los angeles) tazer incident

I didn't read the thread but I assume there is a lot of US bashing going on, to those people I say: :rolleyes:

But I hope those cops are dismissed. That was seriously uncalled for, there's no reason to tase someone who's already cuffed. That's a REALLY good way to start a riot. To be honest I probably would have thrown something at the cops.

I don't think there was much US bashing, just about how it was used unfairly and the cop should be punished.

That may be true, but it still happens elsewhere:

Czech Police KILL raver at CzechTek:
http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2005/08/320214.html

The British government released a report that found that London's police force is rife with "pernicious and institutionalized racism."
http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=03/04/07/0357222

Italian police beat prisoners unconscious:
http://news.independent.co.uk/europe/article318852.ece
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/1457920.stm

Budapest's police used rubber bullets, tear gas and water cannon against stone-throwing anti-government protesters:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6080188.stm

Swiss Police nearly kill two protesters:
http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/regions/oxford/2006/02/333966.html

This organization is devoted to what's going on with Toronto police:
http://ocap.ca/news/victoryagainstcops
http://ocap.ca/casework/police/jamaconviction
http://ocap.ca/node/882
http://ocap.ca/node/107
http://ocap.ca/node/103

That's just the results of a quick search.....
Saw this the other day too:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6169242.stm

I've never met a violent or even mean cop, and I've been stopped quite a few times:p
most cops around here are nice, sometimes grumpy but not like all the crap you hear out of LA. Just another reason LA sucks the fattie.

Exactly. You guys call us bandwagoners? How about you assuming that just because there is a thread about something happening in the US, there must be US bashing?

Just like being anti-US is a bandwagon these days, being the exact opposite and not taking a word of criticism seems to have become a bandwagon too thanks to Bushy.

I don't think there was much US bashing, just about how it was used unfairly and the cop should be punished.

Exactly. You guys call us bandwagoners? How about you assuming that just because there is a thread about something happening in the US, there must be US bashing?

Just like being anti-US is a bandwagon these days, being the exact opposite and not taking a word of criticism seems to have become a bandwagon too thanks to Bushy.
Well, he was right. Someone tried to say everytime you get pulled over by the police in the US, they hold you at gunpoint, cuff you, strip search you, and make you wait in the back of a cop car while they search your vehicle.

It doesn't matter if there was actual US bashing or not. He stated that he didn't even read the whole thread and just assumed there would be US bashing just by looking at the topic.

He was right with this one I guess, but it's not right to just assume because then you also become a bandwagoner.

He's been a member of this forum for quite a while, can you blame him?

Yes, I can blame him, and I stated the reason above. I blame him for being a bandwagon jumper just like either you or him (don't remember) accused me of being a bandwagon jumper in either this thread or the Iraqi kids thread.

Well, he was right. Someone tried to say everytime you get pulled over by the police in the US, they hold you at gunpoint, cuff you, strip search you, and make you wait in the back of a cop car while they search your vehicle.

they were talking about Racism!... please read the post:

I still remember it, Janus said:
He had some black friends who drive nice cars and cops automatically assumed that he was a drugdealer/car thief... etc, so they stopped him and held him at gunpoint.

No one said, Everytime ffs

and there isn't a bandwagon, people only comment after viewing the picture/video, not before. I personally think everyone on the forum looks at evidence and only develops an opinion after they see it, its no bandwagon...

Last edited:

actually I looked thru the thread and saw a few posts that did stereotype US police. so yeah, there was a little US bashing.
it's not right to just assume because then you also become a bandwagoner.
being a bandwagoner means you're doing something just because others are doing it as well and it makes you feel good to be part of a group. I made my assumption based on what usually happens to US-related threads here, and I was right.

You said that you hadn't read the thread, how was I to know by that you meant you only read some of it?

To me a bandwagon is doing something because it's the popular thing to do, like it is in Canada to hate American policies and like it is in the US now to dislike and be anti-Arab/Muslim/Middle East.

Fine though, you say you didn't make your comment due to the bandwagon effect but because you know the popular opinion on FinalGear? Well I didn't criticize these cops or the soldiers from the other thread (again, can't remember which thread this specific is from) due to the bandwagon effect, I criticized them because I have travelled extensively in America and the West and also in the Middle East and have read up on both North American and Asian history and therefore know the tendencies of American interventionism.

I guess I'm only trying to defend myself here, and only against that comment someone posted somewhere like 2 weeks ago (about me being critical due to bandwagoning). :lmao:

Last edited:
actually I looked thru the thread and saw a few posts that did stereotype US police. so yeah, there was a little US bashing.
being a bandwagoner means you're doing something just because others are doing it as well and it makes you feel good to be part of a group. I made my assumption based on what usually happens to US-related threads here, and I was right.

I'm sorry for sharing the same opinion as the guy who posted before me :rolleyes: ... I mean c'mon, so if there was a video of a bunch of thugs shooting a million and one people while they drive by and we all say that he should be arrested and jailed, we're a band wagoning again?

You said that you hadn't read the thread, how was I to know by that you meant you only read some of it?
O read the thread after your post to make sure I wasn't wrong.

To me a bandwagon is doing something because it's the popular thing to do, like it is in Canada to hate American policies and like it is in the US now to dislike and be anti-Arab/Muslim/Middle East.
Funny, I've never seen or heard of that bandwagon here. I don't know anyone who's anti any of that. There is a lot of anti extremism, but people for the most part know the difference between terrorists and normal people of whatever decent.

Fine though, you say you didn't make your comment due to the bandwagon effect but because you know the popular opinion on FinalGear? Well I didn't criticize these cops or the soldiers from the other thread (again, can't remember which thread this specific is from) due to the bandwagon effect, I criticized them because I have travelled extensively in America and the West and also in the Middle East and have read up on both North American and Asian history and therefore know the tendencies of American interventionism.
okay...?

I guess I'm only trying to defend myself here, and only against that comment someone posted somewhere like 2 weeks ago (about me being critical due to bandwagoning). :lmao:
?

I'm sorry for sharing the same opinion as the guy who posted before me :rolleyes: ... I mean c'mon, so if there was a video of a bunch of thugs shooting a million and one people while they drive by and we all say that he should be arrested and jailed, we're a band wagoning again?
you missed the point entirely. there is a lot of US bashing here by people who have no knowledge of the US outside what they see on thier TV, and there is a tendancy for people to just at our throats for whatever reason. It wasn't about you agreeing with someone, it was about comments that generalize and stereotype things that people really have no first hand experience with.

Then you're either stupid or ignorant... you can't possibly deny that there is an anti-Arab feeling in the US post-9/11. I don't have to have any knowledge of the US, I have been through American airports enough to notice that ME people are the ones who are always singled out in the security checks and junk like that.

Funny, I've never seen or heard of that bandwagon here. I don't know anyone who's anti any of that. There is a lot of anti extremism, but people for the most part know the difference between terrorists and normal people of whatever decent.

perhaps you have an inferiority complex then? Also airports aren't exactly part of daily life for most people here, so just because people get profiled (not denying it, and not agreeing with it) doesn't mean it's widespread. That assumption is ignorance on your part.

for example on the inferiority complex stuff:
there is a lot of bruhaha about illegals right now, and most of them are mexican, and yes people do resent them. This happens with any surge in immigration from one particular group and hasn't a thing to do with racism. Historically everyone has had this problem at first, Jews, Irish, Italians, Germans, everyone. An assistant manager at my work is mexican, not illegal. He's always turning things into race-related issues and feels that people dislike him because he's mexican. nevermind that he's a huge asshole. quite a few times he's burst into entirely unrelated discussions about other issues or people and turned it into a mexican/american thing, like way outta left field. I've also seen this happen with blacks in other places. You know the line, "it's because i'm black, huh?".

if you look at the world thru the eyes of a victim a victim you will always be.

perhaps you have an inferiority complex then? Also airports aren't exactly part of daily life for most people here, so just because people get profiled (not denying it, and not agreeing with it) doesn't mean it's widespread. That assumption is ignorance on your part.
if you look at the world thru the eyes of a victim a victim you will always be.

you can't be serious that you're denying that? I have traveled quite abit to LAX and LAS post 9/11 when I still lived in Hong Kong mainly because my dads job is pretty much based there.
I am Asian and I have also got stopped for their so called "Random" checks almost everytime I visit LAX... and let me tell you, its not random, its more like stopping any guy who isn't white... ps. Its not about my Nationality, I use my British Passport to travel to American and European Cities...

If you're saying its because I'm ignorant, have you seen the people that get stopped, I'll give you $100 for every white Caucasian guy you find in that queue and you'll end up with a profit of $0.

Guess what, I've been stopped twice for random checks, and I've flown on an airline twice. I guess that means 100% of the time they stop 20 something white kids.

Do you know what '(' is? it's ok to read the stuff in between that and this ')'
(not denying it, and not agreeing with it)
now that we have that out of the way(again), you can't possibly assume that you can take what goes on at a fucking airport(gee I wonder why people would be a little edgy at airports....) and say that it's a widespread phenomenon that happens all across the US. like I said, I don't know anyone like that. I have friends who have had encounteres with idiots because they are Arab, but then again I was blamed for the Columbine massacre because I had a mohawk once in a grocery store.

ignorant idiots are everywhere, but that doesn't mean they are everyone. A friend of mine I work with is straight off the boat morroccan and is honestly the picture of a Muslim stereotype. He has a big full beard, looks arab, has a heavy accent, prays all the time etc. but I asked him if he's ever gotten shit because of how he looks, and he said no that he had never experienced descrimination in the US since he arrived a few years ago. hmm....

you're painting a pin with a bucket my friend.

Last edited:
You know, I may not agree with some things you post - but that's a great point.

ditto :D

I never said everyone was an ignorant idiot, I just said there are some people that are and there is a certain percentage of Law Enforcement officers that are